• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Marquis test question

mattandr3ws

Bluelighter
So I would like to know what it means if it takes a bit longer to turn purple?? no other colors show up it does turn purple... not black. I have tested other pills I have too at the same time and it turned straight black in seconds... My question is what is the difference of it turning and staying pretty much light purple and turning black/dark purple within 5 seconds?

Thanks A lot.

If I didn't make myself very clear let me know so I can explain better! appreciate it guys.

It's probably DXM.... :\

If the reagent turns bright orange within 20 seconds, this indicates the presence of a speed-like substance (amphetamine or methamphetamine). Proceed to Step #2 (Simon's reagent) to determine which speed-like substance the pill contains.

If the reagent turns black with a possible dark purplish or bluish tint, then it contains either an ecstasy-like substance (MDMA, MDA or MDE), or the cough suppressant DXM.

The DXM reaction is typically slower, with about a five-second delay before it begins to change slowly from gray to black. An ecstasy-like substance will usually begin changing color immediately, sometimes even bubbling and fizzing in the beginning (which usually happens with pure powder in gel caps). However, this is not always the case.
If the reagent turns a greenish-yellow color within 20 seconds, this likely indicate the presence of 2C-B (definitely not ecstasy or speed). There are no more tests to perform. Proceed to Step #3.

Note: If the reagent turns a violet color (reddish-purple, not bluish-purple) within 20 seconds, this may indicate the presence of an opiate drug, such as codeine, although it could be something else. Either way, it is definitely not ecstasy or speed. There are no more tests to perform. Proceed to Step #3.

If the reagent does not change a bright orange color, or if it produces a different color change sequence than appears in the Marquis color chart, the pill definitely contains neither ecstasy nor speed. There are no more tests to perform. Proceed to Step #3.

I disagree. DXM turns a grey color, not purple. In my experience the slower the reaction the weaker the pill is. Now this does not always hold true. There have been times that I have tested a pill with the marquis, it had a slow reaction and it turned out to be a great pill. But most of the times when a pill gives me a slow reaction with the marquis it is weak sauce.

Now on a new thought, I just found a color chart through google which says that a purple reaction from the marquis can indicate the presence of MDEA whereas the black reaction would indicate MDMA or MDA and it even goes as far as to say that a dark blue reaction would indicate the presence of MBDB. Now when you look at the chat the color change is subtle but it is my experience that the discerning eye can tell the difference in reactions. After all I too have seen the color of the marquis change to black and then on a few occasions I have seen the marquis turn purple. Anyways here is the color chart link http://http://www.ecstasy.org/testing/db/colourchart.html

Hmm so could be weak you think?? Highly doubt it is DXM doesn't smoke or turn grey. just takes more than 10 seconds probably to fully change color to purple... a light purple

Hmm so could be weak you think?? Highly doubt it is DXM doesn't smoke or turn grey. just takes more than 10 seconds probably to fully change color to purple... a light purple

Or, it could be a piperazine/MDxx combo pill, especially since you say it is a light purple and not a "normal" reaction. Wish I could be of more help.

What is the stamp?

Or, it could be a piperazine/MDxx combo pill, especially since you say it is a light purple and not a "normal" reaction. Wish I could be of more help.

What is the stamp?

Give it a lick. Does it burn when you lick it and have a sour taste instead of a bitter taste? That would mean that more than likely you have a MDxx/piperazine mix. And yes if it was just a slow reaction then it's likely you have a weak pill with more filler and binder than MDxx. But again, there has been a few times that I had a slow reaction and then the pill turned out to knock my socks off it was so good.

It is not piperazine, I know what fake ex looks like, if it was pipes it woudn't show up as purple it wouldn't change. Pipes has a certain look to the pills.

The pill is a stamped IN LV (Louis Vuttion) it is a bluish color... thing looks real for sure. It doesn't have a taste at all really... last pill I had were some jack o lanterns and they didn't have a taste either and they were one of the best pills i've taken.

So I guess it could just be a weak pill (I hope not of course).... My thought was that all mdma pills have 180-200 mg in them... that it didn't matter the size... but not sure, anyone know this?

I have two other random pills (Just two) a blue dolphin, and a pink Gspot. The Pink Gspot turns black in seconds, and the dolphin takes a bit longer but almost matches the color of the gspot but it is closer to the LV then the gspot it.

The Gspot and Dolphin are a bit bigger than the LVs are, they are TALLER so maybe that has something to do with them not being as dark in the test.

SO

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not piperazine, I know what fake ex looks like, if it was pipes it woudn't show up as purple it wouldn't change. Pipes has a certain look to the pills.

Please don't judge a pill by the way it looks. Judge it by the reagents. If a pill was an MDxx + Piperazine combo, it could show up with purple streaks, the piperazines would not react, but the MDxx would.

The pill is a stamped IN LV (Louis Vuttion) it is a bluish color... thing looks real for sure. It doesn't have a taste at all really... last pill I had were some jack o lanterns and they didn't have a taste either and they were one of the best pills i've taken.

The lick test is a "last resort" kind of thing when testing is not an option or isn't conclusive.

So I guess it could just be a weak pill (I hope not of course).... My thought was that all mdma pills have 180-200 mg in them... that it didn't matter the size... but not sure, anyone know this?

I WISH there were 180-200mgs of MDxx in all pills! lol I would estimate that the higher quality street pills have an average of 60-80mgs of MDxx....but most have contents lower than that. I have no verifiable data that will back that up, this is my opinion based on (too many) years of experience.

I have two other random pills (Just two) a blue dolphin, and a pink Gspot. The Pink Gspot turns black in seconds, and the dolphin takes a bit longer but almost matches the color of the gspot but it is closer to the LV then the gspot it.

The Gspot and Dolphin are a bit bigger than the LVs are, they are TALLER so maybe that has something to do with them not being as dark in the test.

SO

Thoughts?

First, I edited out the quantity you stated. Please don't mention that, it's for your own protection. :)

The fact that the other pills are taller have nothing to do with the reaction times. The different reaction times are probably due to the content of MDxx in each pill, or the fillers/binders used to press them. Unfortunately it is impossible to tell you exactly what caused the difference since the reagents cannot tell you the true "strength" of the pill(s).

Well put Ravenous. That is probably why your a mod and have so much respect here lol. You know your shit.:)

Well thanks a lot for the info, I think they are just a weaker E pill really. I was just honestly curious as to why I have 3 different pills, LV, Gspot, Dolphin... and all come up a different color, but all in the purple category.

Thanks for all the answers guys, have someone testing one tonight so we'll see how they are hopefully they are good and I don't have to go spend even more money ha

But again, Thank you all who helped out! I appreciate it.

Someone tested two of these Blue LVs with no reaction at all... so guess they are bunk. Just don't understand why they turned purple, even if it wasn't within 5 seconds. Other fake pills don't turn at all.... so unless these have mdma in them and are pretty much non-existent I am confused by this.

Someone tested two of these Blue LVs with no reaction at all... so guess they are bunk. Just don't understand why they turned purple, even if it wasn't within 5 seconds. Other fake pills don't turn at all.... so unless these have mdma in them and are pretty much non-existent I am confused by this.

Just because someone else had the same looking pill doesn't necessarily mean that it came from the same batch as yours. Sometimes there are multiple batches of the same pill that have different contents. :(

The other fake pills that you mention that don't change at all mean they have no MDxx content at all, so they wouldn't have the color change. The ones you have may have enough MDxx in them to trip the reagents, unfortunately some pressers are hip to people testing and hope to fool the less experienced by putting enough MDxx in them to make it appear that they are good. As long as there is prohibition this is something we have to deal with. :(

Do you still have these pills? If so, can you re-test and post a pic here?

Yeah I still have the pills, the ones that were taken by someone else are the exact same ones I have, we bought them at the same time, together. So same batch as mine.

I've already tested them quite a bit so not sure if I want to waste more of my marquis test at this time since I still need what's left.

just got a weird batch of powder. usually its very light sandy color/texture but this time along with the usual good stuff, there is also a small separately bagged batch that smells very strong of sass, much darker in color and feels sort of sticky. i did a marquis test and it did go to black but it bubbled and smoked for a few seconds. followed up with simons and it went straight to royal blue. any idea what's going on? it would seem to test positive for MDXX but the texture and smell are throwing me off.

Sounds like MDMA with a lot of safrole in it. Best to send it off to ecstasydata if you're not sure though.