• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Marquis reagent - shelf life??

dance_factor

Greenlighter
Asked in a couple of places now with no joy... here we go....

Has Marquis reagent still sealed, unopened in it's ez test packaging, got a shelf life?

I can tell this stuff has been in the shop for ages. I don't want to waste money and get innacurate results.

I've heard (although don't know if it's true) that it only lasts 3 months? But I guess that's once opened? (which this isn't)

Help appreciated.

i dont know for certain as ive never had it myself, but i googled it and got results from dancesafe saying it can go off as soon as 6 months.

dance_factor said:
Asked in a couple of places now with no joy... here we go....

Has Marquis reagent still sealed, unopened in it's ez test packaging, got a shelf life?

I can tell this stuff has been in the shop for ages. I don't want to waste money and get innacurate results.

I've heard (although don't know if it's true) that it only lasts 3 months? But I guess that's once opened? (which this isn't)

Help appreciated.

If I were you, I would not purchase this kit that has been in the shop for ages. Depending on how you store your testing supplies (cool, dark, dry place) Marquis reagents can last anywhere from 3-6 months to a year.

I'd purchase a new kit from DanceSafe or EZ Test (Bluelighters get a 20 percent discount if you put BLUELIGHT in the coupon code when ordering). You have no idea how long the reagent has been sitting in the shop, or how they stored it. (BTW, you found this in a retail outlet? Do you mind me asking where? We have been trying to find offline sources for testing kits for ages.)

Good luck & yay for you investing in a testing kit! :)