• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana oil... Some theories.

Doctor_Ew420

Bluelighter
Hello BL. I think this is my first post, if not, then the first in years.

I have been smoking a lot of home grown pot lately, it was not grown by me, but rather my girlfriend's father. He grew amazing pot, and lots of it. Over the last few months, I have been gathering leaf, shitty bud and and other small nuggets from the bags that we are given. He does not trim his buds AT ALL, just dries them and stores them, so over the months, I have gathered quite the nice bag of shake.

To the point... I have been making iso oil and BHO for a few years now, and have been working on some ideas.

THC and CBD are not soluble in water, chlorphyl and a few other of the chemicals that we could do without in our oil IS soluble in water.

I am currently working on washing my shake with water by letting 19g soak in a container with 250ml of room temp. (or just below) clean H20.

After just shaking the container once and letting everything settle, I can see that a lot of colour has come out of my leaf, brownish green. And I can barely see through the water.

Has anyone done this before with success?

Once I have washed the shake twice or three times (we will see how much colour I can get out) I plan to decant/filter out the water and dispose of it. Then add plenty of ice cold 100% iso alcohol to the mixture.

Does BL think I will come out with a thick golden oil after evap?

After realizing that I had turned the water to a dark iced tea colour, I filtered the water(I had added another 250ml of water to soak up more colour/contaminants) out of the pot by draining it through a coffee filter. I disposed of the strange smelling water and squeezed every drop out of the weed that remained.

I probably lost almost a gram of foliage to the process, but this is free for me... and an experiment. I have now added another 500ml of water to the leaf and will leave it overnight. I can already tell I have taken out most of the stuff that will make my oil very dark. I am happy to be taking this stuff out of my future oil...

I can't answer your questions, but this is really interesting to me and I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

I am pretty sure it will turn out great, I read a few things on lesser message boards about people wanting to wash their weed kind of like me. But for cooking, and people are telling him that the water and agitation will detach the trichomes a la BubbleBags. But I am straining my dark water out through coffee filters, which I just found out are 20 microns or less, I have #2 filters, I dunno exactly what micron they are, but I do know that the very smallest bubble bag is 25 microns. SO I am hoping for very little loss if any, and to be honest, if I come out with amazing oil, then I don't care about the waste, it was 19g of SHAKE, and I am very very confident that straining my most recent wash through another coffee filter will result in very little loss. I am saving/drying the filters also to add back to the weed after. Once I have as much water out of my weed as possible, I am doing a few quick isopropyl washes. I will let you know how it turns out (surely better than a straight iso extraction I am sure, but if it is BHO quality, I am going to be very happy to stop using butane to extract my oil :) )