• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

marijuana morning sickness

ARGH!
Don't smoke cigarette's to cure the craving for a bong!!!!! gaaawwwd. Stoopid Stoopid. You might think you'll be able to stop anytime soon, but that's the thing with nicotine - it's hooks are in by the end of the first packet.
I'm not going to give anymore advice because there's plenty already there, but just tell your boyfriend to think about the damage that each single cigarette will do to his already fucked up insides. I know it's a horrible thought, but maybe if he imagined what his oesophegus or digestive tract looks like now and what it might look like if he smoked an entire cigarette instead of a little bit in a cone...
Bah! I KNOW! Start smoking cones green now. They might be a bit harsh and tickly, but you can get around this by just toking on the bong instead of pulling it through in one go. This kills 2 birds with one stone (hehe pun intended!), you cut back the nicotine cravings, and you get rid of the "bong hit". Even if he does enjoy the green cone to its full effect, at least he's getting rid of the nasty nicotine then he might not (might) crave it when it's time to go without.
sorry sorry. preach preach.

I have friends that have smoked the weed for problably 15 years (yes they are at least 30), that have fairly recently given up the ciggies. Both say they feel heaps better, and instead of smoking bongs just green - they buy a mix from some sort of alternative store I think on smith st that provides a more non harmfull additive than tobacco. Perhaps something to look in to.

Quit weed by smoking weed, that doesn't not make sense! Look at the monkey, look at the silly monkey. (more THC in green cone= more puking)
I know ciggies a fukn dirty and the next point of my grandplan is to give up smokables completely. But since i was smoking a few cigs while sucking down 1.5-2 grams a day, it wasn't like a took up smoking tobacco to quit weed. I'm not sure what your weed habit is like mona, but for me it was a bloody addiction and one i feel better for leaving behind me, smoking ciggies helped me to do this. But on your advice i think i'm gonna try and give 'em up after 9th March. I feel good but not as good as i'll feel when a quit cigs- thanx for the motivation :)

a little bump for the start of the week
I wnat this to hang around in case there is someone else out there who will read it and go "OMFG" this is what I have and I never knew. . .
just like I did for my b/f when I read it in the paper!

Well, OMFG, I have finally found out why MY boy spews!
Holy Shit, how about that?!
Yep, I can tell almost the same story. He's been an everyday smoker for about the last two to three years, and about six months ago he started spewing. Mostly it'd be at work, he'd vomit two to three times a night, sometimes with blood in it. He was a glassie, and we thought it had something to do with him being busy or something. We've since moved to tassie where we've both cut down on the bongs heaps, and maybe only smoke once every fortnight. Although his chronic vomit continued for awhile, (not a good look at his new work!) it's stopped now.
I think it was the easiest way to get off the bongs by moving to a place where we knew no-one (no contacts!) and into a household that didn't smoke. I must say he got really sick for the first two weeks we were here, I mean REALLY sick. He was bed-ridden, had the sweats, the shivers, and I even had to take him into hospital and he was put on an IV drip for an hour. After three courses of anti-biotics, and an ECG they couldn't work out what was wrong with him. He did have tonsilitis, but I'd say the bongs (or withdrawal from them) attributed to his condition as well.
But now it's all pretty good, apart from the fact his teeth are falling out! The doctor has said that he may have an infection up in his back teeth, and that can affect the whole body's well-being, so he's still waiting to go to the dentist to get that checked out, but this thread has just shed a whole new light on it!
cool.
-bluelight rocks!-

Moving away from weed does work, my friend did this to quit weed. It is however only a partial cure, when he comes back down here he hits the bongs again. Willpower is best, unfortunately mine just ran out after 5.5 weeks of abstinace i had my first smoke (at least it was free), and it fucked me up hard, and i suspect it was laced, but at least i know that weed just fucks me too hard, time for another period of abstinance, i'll try 2 months! Keep up the work pupils!

thanks for your suport Tabernacle, man its been hard giving up something thats taken control of my life for so long, but im benifiting from it, do u know what else sux might i add, we have a 0 blood alchole policy at work, so thats basicly means im on clean st nealry 80% of the time! but like i said my job rocks and its not worth loosing!!!! Hey pigtails have u guys heard any more from the doc..???
im interested to find out what this is, i occasionally got sick from smoking, and most times it was in the mornings, it wasnt chronic, but most annoying when it did happen, maybe i had a similer problem, only i didnt do anything about it, and now i have stoped taking drugs fullstop i feel normal as, happy even!!!!!

Me again,
Well we just had the weekend from hell – my boy was sick for over 24 hours (about 10ish Sat – midday Sunday) and I had to take him to the Dr’s twice to get injected (not that the first injection helped). 24 hours of vomiting is a terrible strain on the body and to make matters worse, it started again when he woke up today.
I think that our reduction plans just sped up a notch!!
Let me tell you with regard to the quitting, having an incentive such as felling better will probably make it a lot easier, every time he has an attack he resents the pot more which can only help with quitting.
Thanks again for all your replies, help and suggestions.

Recently went from a every-day smoker to a once a week smoker, and I'm luvn it! The increased motivation should b reason enuf 4 ne1 2 cut back or give up.
Just a thought........all u eastern states crew seem 2 put a lotta spin in ure bongs, I was very interested in this topic as I've neva heard of ne1 gettn sick off weed. The only difference in SA and the east as far as i can c is that u guys use spin and hardly ne1 does here.
The only time I feel nauseus is wen I smoke a bong with spin in it (no I don't smoke ciggies).
So what I was wondering is this: is there ne1 out there who ONLY smokes weed and gets sick?
Or is there ne1 from SA who has the same prob as PigTails boy?
.....there just aint enuf info on wats in the weed we smoke either, who knows wat chems growers r usin, I know I only buy weed from friends who grow more for themselves rather than 2 make $$, so chems r limited.

Me again – the week has only got worse – sick Monday, yesterday and again today!! Each time involves a trip to the Dr and me missing some work – fark it!! I am close to a breakdown at this point – it’s very depressing, though it would be worse if we still didn’t know what was going on!!
LK, yes he does smoke with spin BUT the Dr who originally wrote the article and who I spoke to is in SA and has at lease a dozen patients with the exact same symptoms as my boy in and around Adelaide. Most of the weed he smokes comes from SA.
I really don’t think that the spin is contributing to the problem – he smoked cigs for a while before all of this.
The problem is that cannabis is toxic to his system and his body can’t cope with the continual input of THC. The amount of chems used to produce the pot could be a slight factor, but not much.
Have a great weekend!! For those in Canberra, enjoy the Monday holiday.

ok thats wat I really wanted 2 know...so it's the actual THC he's got a problem with.....bummer :(
well good luck and dont lose hope...things can only get beta right?

Pig tails i just thought of another thing, try eating the weed to see if the problem is at all smoking orientated, yeah i know it's kinda expensive. Good luck to you and your boy!

tabernacle
as he has a toxicity problem, I don't think that eating it would help at all as he would still end up with contantly high levels of THC in his body.
good idea though. . .

a bump for april
and an update for all those interested. . .
As of today, my boy is only smoking pot after 5pm, which is part of the gradual reduction process. He has been starting to feel much better each day as he cuts back so it seems as though our plan is working!! In fact he hasn’t had to go to the Dr’s in over two weeks now (which given the recent spate is really good).
It is not easy – he struggles each day not to get up and pull a cone - but as he can already sense the benefits he is still very determined to quit.

Tobacco fucks me too much, I never use it anymore, its useless toxic shit anyway. I smoke pot )bush and hydro) straight now, and ever since doing so, I never feel sick after a cone.
If i smoke a spun cone, i tend to cough alot more, and feel shitty and sick.
GREEN CONES FOREVER! :)

Hello there – this is an update on the situation for all who are interested!!
Well, we quit smoking – totally last Monday – so we have been ‘clean’ for a week and 1 day now and I am surprised at how easy it has been. I will confess that the cigarette and red wine intake of our household has increased, but at least the toking has stopped (we plan to quit cigs to, at the moment they are just helping us over the hump).
The most important thing is that since quitting, my partner has not felt sick once, as you can see from my previous posts, this is a major miracle.
If anyone out there thinks that they might be suffering from marijuana morning sickness – QUIT, it will change your life for the better. Not only will the vomiting stop but the brain-clarity is quite amazing!!
Good luck to anyone else out there trying to get off the weed – YOU CAN DO IT!!

Here is another update for those interested.
As of this weekend it has been three months since we quit!! Time has passed quickly and we don't even think about it anymore (except to rue the amount of money we had been spending, but it's best not to think about that)!
After about the first week, we were pretty much over the pain of quitting. We have not thought much about pot at all and even stopped counting how long it had been, until we reached the three month mark as all the traces of THC should be totally gone from our systems now, which is a nice thought.
My boy has put on 10 kgs in the last couple of months and looks so healthy now that even people who don't know why are commenting. He has not been sick since we stopped - more importantly he has not even felt slightly sick. You can not believe how much of a miracle this is!!
He had a job interview earlier this week and got the job – even though he hasn’t worked for nearly 5 years due to the continuous vomiting, I am so proud!
And, we are getting married at the end of the year.
If only we had found out about the possibility of marijuana toxicity earlier – BUT never mind now we know our lives have improved 1000%.

Its really funny that this thread should come up now......
I hav ejust been to the doctors because of unexplained vomiting, and i too have been a chronic smoker for about 4 years.
I find that when i wake up in the morning, i feel really sick in the stomachh - i start coughing and then i need to vomit, ubt its always nothing that i vomit up. And i always feel better afterwards. I also have th eproblem that i cant stoamchj anything to eat until about 3 pm as well.
i have been throwing up nearly every morning for about 1.5 years now, and i have never thought to put it down to weed.
Smoking soed completely fuck woth your eating habits, i know iam at the stage where if i dot have bongs, my hunger is completely surpressed, and the thought of food makes me feel sick.
I also find that when i havnt had a bong, i am racy and i sweat more than usual - causing me to want to constantly shower.
But this really sucks - i love weed and i dont want to give it up, what to do!?

I am afraid sinntress that the only answer is to stop smoking.
Your reaction sounds similar to my boy’s – he loved his weed and didn’t want to quit either –now that he has though he doesn’t miss it at all. This is mainly because he feels SO much better that it is almost unbelievable.
When we would have breaks from smoking – like you, we would find it very difficult to eat/sleep etc, especially the eating part. This only lasted for the first couple of days after we quit. Now we both ear more than we ever did as regular smokers and it tastes so much better than it used to – maybe hard to believe but very true.
Not being sick should help you to motivate yourself to stop, as I mentioned in my last post our lives have changed entirely since we quit smoking.
Good luck with your decision – its’ not an easy one.
I am actually going to call the Dr in Adelaide who discovered ‘marijuana morning sickness’ (see the link in my first post on the page before this one) to let him know that it is definitely what my boy had and that he is 100% better since he stopped smoking. This Dr is a lovely fellow and will want a copy of the medical records so that he can add them to his study and hopefully help more people who are in the situation.
Again, GOOD LUCK!

Hello fellow bluelighters...
Most of the pot that is getting around these days is "hydroponic" (grown indoors under lights) and most commerical growers DO NOT flush there weed with fresh water, before harvest.
In my opinion this is what causes you to feel hang-over in the morning - if the nutrient/chemicals have been removed with a water flush, you wake up feeling good and you will never get that harsh taste when snoking through a water pipe.
Another really good idea is the hand-held battery operated "digital aromatherapy vaporizer"
- * No smoke at all, and it makes the bud go heaps further.
[Edit: Source URL deleted. BigTrancer]
[ 17 August 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]