• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Effects Puberty Question! please respond

Bluelighter
Hi, I am a 16 year old male who has been smoking pot for about 10 months. Just recently though, I have started smoking every day for the last month. I am about halfway through puberty right now, and I read that smoking pot can stop you in puberty. I am really worried that I won't finish puberty and that it will delay it more and more or just I'll never finish it. Can anyone with knowledge or information concerning my problem please respond. Thanks.

Man pot won't do anything to puberty. A majority of teenagers at least try it.. I've never ever heard any kind of shit about it effecting puberty.. Don't worry about it..
UNLESS! *Sniff* *Sniff* What smells like bacon?? Hmmm..

pot smoking can stunt your growth
so id cut down while ure going thru puberty
try only smoking on wknds

LOL, I love it when mothers use the "it will stunt your growth!" thing for anything they think you should stay away from.
I very seriously doubt there is any truth to this, as I've heard it said about everything from coffee to morphine to chocolate. You also don't get hairy palms and blindness from jerking off ;)
--- G.

Originally posted by Morrison's Lament:
You also don't get hairy palms and blindness from jerking off ;)
--- G.

Hahaha. Ever hear that one joke? This guy walks in on his son beating it. The dad says "you know, if you keep doin' that you're gonna go blind." the son replies "over here, dad." [insert chukling here]

I don't think it will stunt your growth, but I have observed that many guys I know who have been smoking since they were young teens have abnormally low sex drives now as adults in their twenties.
Certainly not medical evidence, but something to keep in mind.

Most teen potheads i've seen look more mature than others their age

EvMan-You know some cool teens then, my old smoking buddies, (who are now all 16 ish) are all your typical potheads. But I think that might have to do with the fact that they were failing long before they tried pot. I've been the only one who has moderated their use, and Ive moved on to new, more responsible friends. but as for it stunting your growth, and other bad side effects, other than you being mellow, and calm, while others are raging infernos of emotions, that's about it.

As long as we're giving marijuana advice-- I mean discussing masturbation myths.. what about the annoying domokun picture no one ever stops sending with the caption: "Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten."
[ 06 March 2003: Message edited by: Brown Acid ]

Originally posted by konsept:
THC isn't good for you.........
Are you being sarcastic or do you have something to back that up?
Marijuana does not effect your puberty any more than any other substance, and probably less than a lot of them.
When a teen is still undergoing growth spurts/voice changes/etc. it may not be a good idea to take any drugs, as this is a crucial period of development and you don't want to add risk factiors... however, I see no reason why marijuana is particularly harmful at this or any other point.

It never did me any harm...if it did stunt your growth, can you imagine the midget generation from the 60's?! That would make a good movie...

Ok so
cannabis stunts your growth.....
Tobacco ages you ........
smoke em together and they must counter act eachother yeah?
Just keep everything in moderation and you'll be fine i reckon.

I know it's off track but I was known for having a few cones during the younger years and noticed that I have lost the laugh in you know what I meen,what does it meen?

Originally posted by ginisfluff:
Ok so
cannabis stunts your growth.....
Tobacco ages you ........
smoke em together and they must counter act eachother yeah?

LOL, or you just turn into a wrinkled midget with cancer.
--- G.