• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Marijuana Advocates Sue to Force Legalization in All 50 States

I am talking about drug testing people for stupid reasons. I agree drug testing for certain jobs, Of course if your an airline pilot or some other job where you are responsible for others safety. But office jobs and the such should require no invasion of ones privacy

Now I'm not to sure on what the process is for getting a bill or whatnot to reach congress but it seems, at least implied, in that sentence that the DEA has the final say before this can reach anyone who can do anything.

The DEA head commanders who actually have a say would never put there own men out of a job as easy as making pot busts.
The highlighted portion is the real issue, IMO. It's the low hanging fruit.

[/quote]Basically if pot were legalized im sure alot of people would be out of a job and NONE of us want the unemployment rate to go even higher. ... Plain and simple it would be illogical for the DEA to put themselves out of a job.
[/quote]

I don't think the DEA would be out of a job if pot were legalized. They could continue to handle drug trafficking, manufacturing, and interdiction of other drugs. Why not focus on the increased availability, abuse, counterfeiting, and diversion of prescription drugs or chase after large orders of known precursors going to clandestine fentanyl/meth labs?

I'm personally for widespread decriminalization but if the DEA wants to stay in business, wouldn't the above be a reasonable compromise?

I really don't understand why this government hasn't been sacked yet. The drug war and the war on terror are stripping ALL of your rights and personal freedoms, honest hard working people are going to prison for no real reason, you aren't allowed to even alter your consciousness as you please, and ex military personel and even CHILDREN are dying EVERY DAY from this jargon. I thought the American Revolution was just over taxes and currency. Our government is KILLING people over this, so why are they still here?

Hell fucking yea.

I mean they cant deny that it has medical use. So this has got to pass. Right?
you never know. politicians, and you, and i, have ways of shoving scientific (empirical) information under the rug.

or just simply sacking scientists as the UK gov so blatantly did.

Yea, like America doesn't have any other issues now that Osama is gone8) Economy, ridiculous unemployment rate, fear of terrorism, etc.

Sorry, legalizing marijuana isn't exactly on the top of the administrations agenda at the present moment.
legalization has an enormous, incalculable effect on the economy, unemployment, and even terrorism. it should be near the top of our list, or this boat is going to sink.

Yea, like America doesn't have any other issues now that Osama is gone8) Economy, ridiculous unemployment rate, fear of terrorism, etc.

Sorry, legalizing marijuana isn't exactly on the top of the administrations agenda at the present moment.

article-1390680-0C41F0C100000578-269_634x427.jpg

Can someone please, PLEASE just tell me why they hate it so much.
Ive pondered it but im not sure, weather they dont want people to actually THINK, or race issues, or hemp and the lumber industry under william randolph hurst I DONT fucking KNOW but its pure stupid:p

@treefa

^economic/social subjugation of entire communities (in the most extreme cases, there are entire neighborhoods that are abandoned due to the drug war),

the more harsh subjugation tends to occur in racial minority communities and that plays an important psychological role, but in the end it's about the money.

it's also easy money to make, and untracked money, for both wall street and the government and anybody who wants to invest in a product that gets marked up literally 100x.

it also allows us "justified" military and economic intervention in other nations. we, as a nation, care about the drugs and money coming out of south america... but not its people, obviously.

Fingers crossed but if the DEA has a say in it,it almost certainly will not pass.

Can someone please, PLEASE just tell me why they hate it so much.
Ive pondered it but im not sure, weather they dont want people to actually THINK, or race issues, or hemp and the lumber industry under william randolph hurst I DONT fucking KNOW but its pure stupid:p

It's because police unions control local politics in the US. People come to the polls in droves when it's time to elect a new president, but stay home during elections of state congress or city council. In these local and state elections, police unions vote as a bloc for one set of candidates. Few police unions will endorse candidates who are soft on drugs, so government officials maintain the hardest line possible.

The police perpetuates its own legitimacy. Very little attention is given to this because police generally controls the local media in the US as well. This is why the items posted on this forum are a gallery of human stupidity.

How much police is really necessary in the US? Has anyone with a good brain and open mind given this question a careful answer?

I live in a medium to small city and have posted lots in the local papers talk section. I've been threatened by the administrator (I had made posts with pictures on rollitup a couple of years ago and very stupidly used the same username) when I made a post on a police website about fourth amendment issues. I have kind of stopped making posts in the local paper because I will soon have a closet full of plants and do not want to go to prison. They'd have at least 3 felonies on me, with a felony drug record, if they got in my house.

That's a large part of the problem. We are, often justifiably so, afraid to speak up.

Fortunately for me the cops here are putting almost all their resources into crank.

Last edited: