• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mangos intensify high with myrcene?

i have one that is soft as fuck and about a month and a half over-ripe.
just smoked 10 minutes ago. :D

wish me luck

Next time I pick up, I'm most definitely also buying a mango or three. They're my favorite fruit; specially the common mango. Nomnommsszzz

after reading a lot about mangos intensifying the marijuana high, i finally tried it last night. OMG is all i have to say lol...it definitely works and it is no placebo effect. i took two hits from my spoon and i swear it felt like i smoked a whole bowl.

after trying it last night i realized no matter what i still cant get high... damn tolerance....

ive always enjoyed mangoes, they are pretty much one of the few fruits I like and when I'm baked and have mangoes I will eat a bunch. I don't think it contributes to the high at all though.

There's a real easy way to figure this out guys.

We could munch mangos and debate placebo effects and the potential influence of eating a delicious (what? mangos are nasty as fuck!) sweet fruit while high on one's subjective experience...

Or we could just go FUCKING BUY SOME MYRCENE! The stuff is produced on a huge scale for the flavoring industry, and is dirt cheap (the harder part about buying it is finding someone who doesn't want to sell it by the drum). If that's too hard, you could use lemongrass oil, which is ~10% myrcene (and dirt cheap and available in small quantities to individuals) Measure and encapsulate appropriately (it's non-polar enough that it won't dissolve gelcaps - put it in opaque ones so you can do a double-blind test)

I think I may actually do that, because it doesn't look like anyone else wants to. I think this whole mango/weed thing is a bunch of BS, much as it would be nice if there was an easy way to multiply the effective potency of weed, i just don't buy it.

Last edited:
acidic fruits have the ability to alter different drugs like grapfruit and benzos.

I don't think the effect above and beyond a placebo effect (if present) is significant enough to allow a person to notice. It sounds rather rediculous.

acidic fruits have the ability to alter different drugs like grapfruit and benzos.

I don't think the effect above and beyond a placebo effect (if present) is significant enough to allow a person to notice. It sounds rather rediculous.

The effects of Grapefruit juice are well documented. Have a read about how it inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme.

HAHAHA well that explains why when i put dehydrated mango chunks sourounding some curing buds the weed turned out friking amazing!
eating them once they sucked the moisture out of the buds probably helped a decent amount too

also a good tip for a waterpipe with an ice catch is fill with water a bit less than full, load up with crushed ice, then pour a tad bit of mango juice over the ice so when you hit it it tastes like mango. you only need to cover the ice to get the flavor. :)

does this effect the way the CB1 or CB2 receptors work? I assume the increase is rather minuscule compared to, say, smoking another bowl.

I have first hand experience with grapefruit and benzos, and it certainly is not placebo.

I like a Mango shake when high and it does inprove the experience of being high, though I wouldn't say it intensifies the high.