• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man charged with involuntary manslaughter for selling shrooms to a newb

thats some bullshit they are responsible 4 themselves if you cant hadle something dnt do it

for example: if you can't handle serving alcohol to people responsibly, don't do it.

They wont get a conviction on the manslaughter charge but he'll go away for the trafficking or plead down to a lesser offense.

^If he's got a good enough lawyer, he probably won't get convicted on any of these bogus charges.

^I don't know. There's this story too:
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A man has been sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for selling hallucinogenic mushrooms to a teenager who was killed when she wandered naked into traffic.

Steven Roman was sentenced Monday in Los Angeles after pleading guilty in April to felony drug charges.

Prosecutors say the 31-year-old Westlake Village man sold psilocybin (sihl-oh-SY'-bin) mushrooms to teenagers at a Thousands Oaks condominium in 2004. One user, 17-year-old Victoria Nugent, walked naked onto U.S. 101 and was hit by a car.

Roman was arrested last fall for allegedly selling the drug Ecstasy, but state charges in that case were dropped.

Roman acknowledged his role in the 2004 death and apologized in court for Nugent's death.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...OOMS?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I thought they were the same stories at first. It's fucked up. I know it's different states and different circumstances but it's very possible to do some serious time for selling to someone who couldn't handle their shit.

^^ wow and in California as well. probably could be made its own thread since it involves a conviction.

i bet the reason for the harsh penalty was in part because the user was underage. a 31 year old selling to underage teens doesn't look good at all. still though...

This is the exact reason I don't buy alcohol for stupid people under 21 that I barely know. You never know who they will give it to or how much they will drink.

A university student near me recently got manslaughter charges for giving alcohol to a minor. She decided to drive a car with her friends in it and hit someone head on, which killed her. I'm not sure if anyone else died. I believe the guy got around 15 years in jail.

Spend $20 on a bottle of liqour for someone and you could get 20 in jail. Real nice waste of life.

Last edited:
allways sucks when someone dies, but 10 years, damn, thats a loooooooong fucking time in the bin!