• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man busted for ALD 52 vows to fight charges

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
So the question of is it legal or not may be finally be answered

By David Whisenant | September 22, 2019 at 5:18 PM EDT - Updated September 23 at 6:07 PM
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - A Rowan County man who was charged on Thursday night for trafficking LSD says he is innocent, and plans to fight the charges.
Jacob Errante was charged after deputies with the Rowan Sheriff’s Office and agents with the SBI searched Errante’s home on Spence Drive. According to the arrest warrant, they seized “more than 100 but less than 500” dosage units of LSD.
The report states that the LSD was delivered by mail to Errante’s house. Discovered inside the postal package were 100 dosage units of LSD on blotter paper.
When serving the search warrant, investigators say they located a clandestine drug laboratory in the kitchen of the residence. According to the report, the laboratory was used to extract N, N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a Schedule I controlled substance.
DMT is a psychedelic drug extracted from tree bark and plants, primarily found in Mexico, South America and Asia. The SBI’s Clandestine Laboratory Response Team processed the laboratory, with the clean up costs being paid by Rowan County.
“I am being falsely charged with trafficking Lysergic Acid Diethylamide aka LSD-25,” Erranted told WBTV. “I never at any point had it in my possession. I ordered 100 tabs of Acetyl Lysergic Acid Diethylamide aka ALD-52 online through a vendor who sells legal unscheduled versions of psychedelics. This substance is unscheduled federally and still completely legal in most states.”
Errante says that the complainant listed on the search warrant provided false information to law enforcement.

“It was obtained on the grounds that I was in possession of LSD-25 when I was not,” Errante said. “I believe my rights were clearly violated due to this fact. Also, this was for personal use. I suffer from severe depression and other mental health issues and none of the medications doctors have prescribed me have truly helped. I use hallucinogens in therapeutic doses in a means to self medicate. I wouldn’t be alive today without them but now I don’t have a choice but to suffer and live a life of pure misery.”
Errante is currently out of jail on bond.

A case where ppl were synthing ald52 has been tried before and they went to jail because the defence argued that to arrive at ald52 they first had to go through lsd25.seeing as how this guy wasn't in possession of lsd25 at any point I guess technically he has a case.

I hope he does fight this tooth and nail, as there are very few Analog Act cases that have made it to higher courts. Is the chemical structure of an acetylated amine "substantially similar" to that of the corresponding amine? The entire case will turn on that question.

A case where ppl were synthing ald52 has been tried before and they went to jail because the defence argued that to arrive at ald52 they first had to go through lsd25.seeing as how this guy wasn't in possession of lsd25 at any point I guess technically he has a case.
Yeah Nick Sands made that up to try and get out of an LSD manufacturing charge, they weren't actually making ALD-52 as far as I can tell no one has been busted for ALD-52 yet. FYI:

In December 2005, Sand revealed5 that the pretense of synthesizing an unscheduled drug, ALD-52, and selling it as LSD ('acid') was fabricated during his and Tim Scully's pretrial proceedings in the 1970s, to try to argue they had not produced LSD. Facing overwhelming evidence that they had made and sold something LSD-like, they came up with the idea as a last-ditch attempt to get the case against them thrown out of court.

This will be interesting, I hope he walks. Sounds like he made a statement that this was for personal use, probably would have been best to keep silent about that and let them know it is not intended for human consumption, research purposes only.

An acetyl group is a pretty insignificant modification imo. Also the argument that it's a pro drug of LSD for personal use means if courts play it straight this case has a snowball's chance in hell of success.

If they could get a good venue near Nashville they could play the civil right to trip card tho and hope for a sympathetic trippy jury.

This will be interesting, I hope he walks. Sounds like he made a statement that this was for personal use, probably would have been best to keep silent about that and let them know it is not intended for human consumption, research purposes only.
you have to a valid research purpose and prove it. I don’t think they would believe it was for research purpose and has additional charges of making DMT with his clandestine lab.