• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Lyrica Question

RoxorBoxor

Greenlighter
I'm new to the forums here but I have viewed them alot. I've been searching everywhere and can't find the answer to my question regarding Lyrica. For the best effect should Lyrica be staggered or just taken all at once? I usually take 6 150MG pills and I have been staggering them in the past and they worked just fine. I wondered though if I could just take them all at once though and get the same or better effect even.

Yes you can, unlike gabapentin they don't need staggering to get the most absorption.

And Wilson Wilson wins. Yeah you can take a bigger stronger dose and feel it, but to a point. staggering a dose absorbs better IMO. I get the 300 mg capsules and I split them because it works better.

tolerance builds so rapidly with Pregabalin. I can take grams of the stuff and feel nothing, even if I haven't used it for a week

I swear you need to stay off it for months for tolerance to go back to zero, or perhaps you can never get it back to zero. Strange drug

tolerance builds so rapidly with Pregabalin. I can take grams of the stuff and feel nothing, even if I haven't used it for a week

I swear you need to stay off it for months for tolerance to go back to zero, or perhaps you can never get it back to zero. Strange drug

That's because chemically it is almost identical to phenibut. So it inherits the rapid tolerance buildup too. Horrible drug to take daily. Fun to fuck about with now and then though.

Personally I find a week is enough for tolerance reset or at least enough reduction for the drug to work again, but everyone's different.

Baclofen is the closest to phenibut. But all these gabagenics are a funny bunch with tolerance building fast. Doctors are still denying that pregabalin and gabapentin are addictive! My GP pulled me off the highest dose of gabapentin on a 7 day "rapid taper" and it was hell. I saw another doctor who asked "why so fast?", there was no medical reason so we agreed to a much slower taper and then I was ok.

Since many doctors don't see this as something that needs tapering, anyone using it may wish to ensure they have enough spares they can do it themselves.

Baclofen is the closest to phenibut. But all these gabagenics are a funny bunch with tolerance building fast. Doctors are still denying that pregabalin and gabapentin are addictive! My GP pulled me off the highest dose of gabapentin on a 7 day "rapid taper" and it was hell. I saw another doctor who asked "why so fast?", there was no medical reason so we agreed to a much slower taper and then I was ok.

Since many doctors don't see this as something that needs tapering, anyone using it may wish to ensure they have enough spares they can do it themselves.

I have encountered this attitude too but thought it would have changed since it became a controlled drug. Apparently not.

When I was seeing a psychiatrist he just kept chucking pregabalin at me and ignored my complaints about side effects and concerns of addiction. Any issues I brought up, he responded by upping the fucking dose! I had to taper myself down and in response he told me my dose was too low and needed to be increased. Fuck sake mate! This is back when it was a patented drug too so I am convinced Pfizer must have been paying the geezer off, because I doubt he was that stupid, and this was a private psychiatrist.

My regular GP, when I mentioned coming off pregabalin, mentioned straight away that some people have trouble coming off it and was more than happy to give me a large supply to taper with. I took a good few weeks to taper down. Was still rough to be honest (easily as bad as oxy withdrawal) but was happy my GP actually took it seriously. Psychiatrist was a fucking joke.

I was told Naproxen and fatty meals will potentiate it. Is there anything else that you all can suggest? I tried to go through the megathreads but there was so much banter it was tough and the search feature didn't pick up anything for me when I tried it.

I was told Naproxen and fatty meals will potentiate it. Is there anything else that you all can suggest? I tried to go through the megathreads but there was so much banter it was tough and the search feature didn't pick up anything for me when I tried it.

Not sure about naproxen but benzos are an excellent potentiator for pregabalin. I think grapefruit juice has a mild effect on it too.

I have encountered this attitude too but thought it would have changed since it became a controlled drug. Apparently not.

Where I live there is a huge homelessness population (well, that could be almost any UK town or city), but the medical practice is the close to three large hostels and you occasionally see someone eating three strips of gabapentin and then rolling around in the road until the police/ambulance is called. So I think my GPs see that as a problem whereas of course white middle class people like me would never get addicted, oh no... it is so ridiculous, any medical doctor, psychologist, or pharmacist should know drugs don't care if you have a PhD, fancy job title, and good salary.

Lyrics is something you keep in the 2nd drawer of your night table. Ready to go when everything else runs dry and you still have be a productive adult.

Yes taking a huge dose will obvious get u feeling almost drunk.

I always used it as the..ok..no one is gonna come thru today.. Might as well take a bunch of lyrica. Oh well. Who cares right....

Where I live there is a huge homelessness population (well, that could be almost any UK town or city), but the medical practice is the close to three large hostels and you occasionally see someone eating three strips of gabapentin and then rolling around in the road until the police/ambulance is called. So I think my GPs see that as a problem whereas of course white middle class people like me would never get addicted, oh no... it is so ridiculous, any medical doctor, psychologist, or pharmacist should know drugs don't care if you have a PhD, fancy job title, and good salary.

Mate I agree 100% with this. Come in looking all well groomed, come off like a middle class type, and docs will script ya basically anything within reason. Whereas a scruffy homeless looking guy is obviously not gonna be given jack shit.

I'm not sure to what extent race comes into it in the UK to be honest, especially when a lot of doctors are Asian. I think race is probably a bigger factor in the US.

But being middle class is definitely something that makes a difference. As you said it's like doctors think middle class cannot possibly be drug addicts.

I wonder how much difference this makes to the reactions people get from doctors here on BL. I read just recently a guy with chronic pain couldn't even get weak opiates like codeine from his doctor. Meanwhile despite being young (which makes it hard to get taken seriously for pain usually) I was easily able to just ask my doctor for opiates and get 'em. And basically every class of "good drug" there is. Uppers, downers, and opiates. I got it all.

Whereas a few of my mates are the obvious more chavvy types, very clearly working class guys, and I know for a fact they don't have it as easy. One had a serious accident and was only given paracetamol. Not even fucking co-codamol!

I think gender plays a role as well. In the UK it seems doctors are more likely to give opiates to women. I'd be curious if there's studies on this. I've seen some data showing it's the opposite in the US. But from what I've seen here in the UK it's much easier for women to get prescribed opiates. I've mentioned before a girl I knew literally went into the GP, complained her tramadol wasn't working, and got given oxy right there.

Lyrics is something you keep in the 2nd drawer of your night table. Ready to go when everything else runs dry and you still have be a productive adult.

I agree. Either that or something for the odd weekend fun. But not for daily use imo.

It is very useful for tapering though, a great "comfort med."

is it as dangerous mixing Preg/benzos as mixing benzos/opiates?
IMO no but they will fuck you up if you aren't tolerant.

And Wilson Wilson wins. Yeah you can take a bigger stronger dose and feel it, but to a point. staggering a dose absorbs better IMO. I get the 300 mg capsules and I split them because it works better.
Except pregabalin already has around a 90% oral bioavailability.

is it as dangerous mixing Preg/benzos as mixing benzos/opiates?

Nowhere near the same danger at all. I assume there is a small risk since you're still combining two downers, but their mechanisms of action don't cause any major interactions. Benzos + pregabs is basically fine just be sensible with your doses.

Benzos + opiates or indeed pregabalin + opiates is a far far far riskier combo.

I took 1200mg pregabalin 150mg oxy 60mg morphine 40mg diazepam and 10units of alcohol to overdose
had to tell doctors and they was more bothered bout the amount of pregab i took well thats what the poison control or whoever they ring said

Nowhere near the same danger at all. I assume there is a small risk since you're still combining two downers, but their mechanisms of action don't cause any major interactions. Benzos + pregabs is basically fine just be sensible with your doses.

Benzos + opiates or indeed pregabalin + opiates is a far far far riskier combo.
Hey man I'm not doubting you or anything just curious.

Why would benzos/pregaba be more dangerous than opioids/pregaba?

Oh wait I think I just figured it out. I remember hearing/reading that unlike opioids (well if you have a high tolerance it's pretty hard to overdose on opioids alone too, I've heard it stated that you need round 5 x your daily fully tolerant dose) benzos are still relatively hard to overdose on by themselves, like people end up surviving after downing a whole bottle of benzos. And so if you add pregabs to one or the other opioids would be worse.

Is that right?