• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Lungs hurt?

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
After a recent crack binge, I noticed an ache and heaviness to my lungs. I postulated that this was due to overfilling my lungs and holding it for a bit. It could also be due to the caustic nature of the smoke. I hand also been vaping/smoking heavily throughout. Opinions please? A little worried about lung damage but telling myself it's the coke talking, usual paranoid shit.

You should give your lungs a break and stop vaping / smoking while you're still ahead... it'll only get worse. See a doctor if you're having shortness of breath.

Some good reading for you re: smoking crack + chest CT and x-ray images:

http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/rg.274065144

edit: I recognize your username, seems you've been doing coke for a while. Would you consider taking a bit of a break?

Last edited:
I tend to do these things in cycles. Last year it was H. This year it's crack. I'm pretty sure the urge will die down soon! But thanks for your response.

My advice is to go to see a doctor. Your physical health is extremely important. Trust me, you won't be able to enjoy ANY high from ANY drug if you only have one lung, or you have severely diminished lung capacity/strength.

Take care of your health first....THEN see if you can use drugs recreationally without permanently damaging your lungs. PLEASE. I wish I could go back in time and make different decisions....decisions that could result in permanent damage if I make the wrong choice.

Good luck.

jB

My advice is to see a doctor and get some coca leaves. they are a great susbitute for cocaine. no you wont get the rush of crack, but you wont get that killer crash either. instead coca will keep you going all day with energy, euphoria and a sense of power.

see the plant was made with a natural balance, which gets screwed up when you extract the cocaine and smoke it.

I knew a head that just ate chemicals, including smoking base. The broad can't breath. You see her and wonder how long she is going to live. You need to put the piece down and stop. I hate to say it, but your really frying your lungs in a permanent way, let alone any other effects that your experiencing.

A lot of people tend to be scared of going to ER, but technically, you should go get checked asap.
Defenately stop inhailing anything. Get fresh air.

I'm not a doctor, so you have to check, but guaifenesin is an expectorant. That stuff will clean everything out, including all the shit deep in your lungs. I'm going to assume you don't use this stuff.

As long as your not blazed when you go to doctor, they should have something like that, to clear you out. On top of that, at least in my area, everybody has a cold or other lung issues. Aside from possible interactions, they should have something to clean you out.

Your lungs are no joke. I had pain once. It was a pulmonary embolism. The doctor came in like he seen a ghost and said I could of dropped dead. I have a script for blood thinners that has about 3 years worth of refills. This shit is no joke! As soon as you can, get your lungs checked.

Btw, if you are going in without mentioning the base, don't get one of those asthma inhailers. That will jack you up in a panic attack sort of way due to the stimulant in your system.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Well crack def isn't good for your lungs. Especially if you didn't burn the brilliant pad enough, of if you're smoking off aluminum foil.

Take a break if it hurts.

Oh god, hopeless.... I cant stand to even see it, when someone, just puts a piece of chore boy or brillo, into a pipe, and without burning off any excess smoke, just takes a hit, inhaling all of that metal smoke or vapor, or whatever the hell it is.. it makes me sick to see someone do that, I have always burned or "cured" that shit, before just throwing a piece in and blasting off.. was taught how to smoke hard from a crack veteran! this guy knew everything there was to know about that shit, and had been doing it since the day it came out, supposedly.. I believe it! Anyways, yes... crack can be very bad for your lungs alone, even without counting any excess other fumes you inhale, depending on your piece/way you smoke it, and what its made from.. I have coughed up black shit, many of times.. after a long crack binge, and also after taking too big a hit and swallowing crack smoke/vapor, have thrown up totally black looking nasty shit.. so fucking gross.. that shit, will fuck your life up.. been there done that! For many years I was an addict to IV coke and crack smoking! now I am just the casual every once a month user of coke.. or crack. I like it better that way!