• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Lumps and bumps from injecting

2763738373Lame

Bluelighter
So I’ve been using intravenously for about a year now. And I have honestly quit a few lumps and bumps all over my arms. From what I can remember they are from missing but also some seem to be completely random. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? Some are kinda small but some are pretty big and noticeable. And they have a reddish color but it also looks kinda bruised. Some are warm to touch. They do hurt to push on also. Thank you guys!!

Hey @2763738373Lame :) "

A belated welcome to the forums to you from all of us here!

Now onto the nitty gritty. What you are describing sound like abscesses. If I had to take a wild guess from my computer without having ever seen you, I would still be reasonably sure that these are abscesses.

Contracting Staphylococcus (Staph) infections can lead to spontaneous abscesses popping up all over your body, even in areas where you haven't injected. This is not a deadly condition if it is caught early and treated. If left untreated, the sky or should I say, hell is really the limit.

Abscesses are going to resemble a "pimple" or more closely an in-grown hair in appearance. They are not as symmetrical as a pimple. They are often painful around the circumference of the abscess. The heat you're describing is another characteristic. They will generally ooze pus when probed or disturbed.

What you're dealing with is an infection. Every abscess you have makes it easier to get more abscesses until they have taken over a limb or your entire body.

Are you located in the United States/Canada or Europe? If so, you should go to the emergency department and have them take care of things. They will cut, drain, disinfect and pack the worst abscesses and likely prescribe a course of oral antibiotics to fight the overall infection.

I'm not trying to be overly-dramatic, but every minute you waste is a minute closer to something really shitty happening.

Hey @2763738373Lame :) "

A belated welcome to the forums to you from all of us here!

Now onto the nitty gritty. What you are describing sound like abscesses. If I had to take a wild guess from my computer without having ever seen you, I would still be reasonably sure that these are abscesses.

Contracting Staphylococcus (Staph) infections can lead to spontaneous abscesses popping up all over your body, even in areas where you haven't injected. This is not a deadly condition if it is caught early and treated. If left untreated, the sky or should I say, hell is really the limit.

Abscesses are going to resemble a "pimple" or more closely an in-grown hair in appearance. They are not as symmetrical as a pimple. They are often painful around the circumference of the abscess. The heat you're describing is another characteristic. They will generally ooze pus when probed or disturbed.

What you're dealing with is an infection. Every abscess you have makes it easier to get more abscesses until they have taken over a limb or your entire body.

Are you located in the United States/Canada or Europe? If so, you should go to the emergency department and have them take care of things. They will cut, drain, disinfect and pack the worst abscesses and likely prescribe a course of oral antibiotics to fight the overall infection.

I'm not trying to be overly-dramatic, but every minute you waste is a minute closer to something really shitty happening.
See that’s kinda why I don’t think they are abscesses bc nothing oozes out and there’s really no “head” I guess you could say on it. It literally just looks like a lump under my skin it’s just a reddish lump. Can it be an abcess under the skin? I’ve never tried cutting/poking them and I’ve never really had one leak out anything before. I will try to attach Ty a picture of one if I can figure it out. I appreciate the answer though!! (I can’t figure Out how to attach a pic)

I'm not sure what those bumps you get from missing are. Meth and speed, et all never gave them to me. A friend of mine when I did such things told me she got them from missing with Barbituates. So, it's from missing with nastier stuff.

The one and only time I got one was from just traces of Placidyl. I tried banging a Placidyl and got the predictable immediate effect but no rush. Then, I hit some coke using the same spoon with some of the oily Placidyl still clinging to the spoon. I missed and my arm swelled up there golf ball sized for a few days. When it went down, I was left with a jelly bean sized lump.

When I asked my shooting buddy/mentor about it, she showed me a few on her arm and said, "Yeah, you get those.". "For how long?", I asked. "Oh, forever.", she replied.

That was when I stopped banging and started lifting weights... doing uber curls and muttering, "This one will fucking go away." to myself.

It did. Took over a year.
(Only a couple short relapses. That's basically what made me quit injecting.)

The "head" so to speak is not a requirement for an abscess. They can occur anywhere in the body. This is not the main takeaway here. That would be that you have unexplained bumps that are inflamed (red, warm). I've also had infections that would look bluish at time too.

If a bump is red and inflamed, you've identified that it is not a pimple or ingrown hair, then it's not something you can just not worry about. I know you came here and asked your question because your spidey-sense told you something might be up. Listen to your body.

Please try to send pictures as that will help immensely with identification.

The "head" so to speak is not a requirement for an abscess. They can occur anywhere in the body. This is not the main takeaway here. That would be that you have unexplained bumps that are inflamed (red, warm). I've also had infections that would look bluish at time too.

If a bump is red and inflamed, you've identified that it is not a pimple or ingrown hair, then it's not something you can just not worry about. I know you came here and asked your question because your spidey-sense told you something might be up. Listen to your body.

Please try to send pictures as that will help immensely with identification.
I would love to send pictures but I can’t figure it how to. The only picture option I see it wants me to enter a link but I’m on a phone and I have no idea how to just lost a pic from my phone. Do you have any idea how I would upload a pic?

I'm not sure what those bumps you get from missing are. Meth and speed, et all never gave them to me. A friend of mine when I did such things told me she got them from missing with Barbituates. So, it's from missing with nastier stuff.

The one and only time I got one was from just traces of Placidyl. I tried banging a Placidyl and got the predictable immediate effect but no rush. Then, I hit some coke using the same spoon with some of the oily Placidyl still clinging to the spoon. I missed and my arm swelled up there golf ball sized for a few days. When it went down, I was left with a jelly bean sized lump.

When I asked my shooting buddy/mentor about it, she showed me a few on her arm and said, "Yeah, you get those.". "For how long?", I asked. "Oh, forever.", she replied.

That was when I stopped banging and started lifting weights... doing uber curls and muttering, "This one will fucking go away." to myself.

It did. Took over a year.
(Only a couple short relapses. That's basically what made me quit injecting.)
Yeah I have no idea what it is. It definitely has to do with missing but I don’t think it’s the normal abscess that everyone thinks about when they hear about someone missing

I would love to send pictures but I can’t figure it how to. The only picture option I see it wants me to enter a link but I’m on a phone and I have no idea how to just lost a pic from my phone. Do you have any idea how I would upload a pic?
I believe if you use www.imgur.com and upload the photo(s), it will create a link for you to share as well as scrubbing meta-data. Then go to this thread on BL and post said link by clicking the little "image" symbol between the "link" and "emoticon" symbols in the toolbar and posting in the url. If you have more trouble, go to the Site Technical help forum. GL :)

Looks like it could be sebaceous cysts from missed injections rather than abscess, definitely needs to be checked though.

Awesome, thanks for the pictures @2763738373Lame that really helps us out. There is still no way to definitively identify the cause without literally cutting it open and culturing a piece. That's the formal answer to this question; that you need to see a trained professional who can tell you. Hell, if you're friends with a practicing nurse, he or she could likely get you much closer to a definitive answer. My suggestion will always be to go to a formal setting if you can.

The practical side of things is that people don't like going to the ED for drug-related stuff for a reason. You're likely to get judged. I always tell people their health is more important than any of the nasty looks or remarks you might get from the less-human members of hospital staff.

Abscesses can occur anywhere. They are not all exposed like the classic skin-level abscesses we all have seen. They can be under the skin, on organs... pretty much anywhere.

After seeing the pictures, I really do recommend you go get this checked out. It's suspicious and we live in the developed world so I say better safe than sorry in these circumstances.

So I’ve been using intravenously for about a year now. And I have honestly quit a few lumps and bumps all over my arms. From what I can remember they are from missing but also some seem to be completely random. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them? Some are kinda small but some are pretty big and noticeable. And they have a reddish color but it also looks kinda bruised. Some are warm to touch. They do hurt to push on also. Thank you guys!!
If you're lucky they won't abscess, I've had three abscesses from missing that had to be a drained. Most of my bumps and lumps eventually went away and my skin kind of regenerated itself or the muscles underneath regenerated themselves. Good chance it'll happen with you too