• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Lucid Dreaming

I have done a bit of lucid dreaming, but have been out of practice. The keys to it really are to just focus on your dreaming. Keep a dream journal. That makes a huge difference. If you just keep a notebook beside your bed and every morning when you wake up you take a few minutes and write down what you remember - you will have far greater dream recall. And since you're thinking about dreaming a lot more in your waking life, it's much more likely you'll recall the idea of dreaming while you're dreaming. And then one day you'll be asleep dreaming and within the dream you'll become lucid and realize - hey I'm dreaming. It's tough though. I've had quite a few lucid dreams but have had a hard time maintaining it, I always wake up pretty soon after becoming lucid.

^same here. For a period of many months dreams became a bigger, more conscious part of my existence (I had quit smoking pot). I didn't get lucid often, but I was writing down a lot of what I recalled, and many times it was pages in length, each day. Even still, I felt I had only remembered a tiny fraction.

Did you ever try waking up at certain times, like a couple or a few hours or so before you are set to wake up for the day (or I don't know when), and going straight back to sleep, to induce them? I've heard of that as a method to help. Or something like that. I've had it happen a few times, like this, where I have woken up, fallen back asleep, and found myself aware I was dreaming.