View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD with Halcion

sexdrugsrock

Greenlighter
I am a regular user of LSD and Shrooms. Sometimes I'll take a small dose of Xanax before a trip to cut down on the side effects of the acid. Recently I have gotten a hold of Halcion and I'm thinking it might be something good to take with the acid. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I've never taken Halcion before. Seems to me like it would be a nice combo as long as it doesn't induce amnesia. I like to remember my trips.

Never taken triazolam (halcion) personally, but I've read plenty about it, and even with its oral BA, around 50%, it is SO potent and so short lasting (they make 125 microgram oral tablets, and if the user gets half of that, thats just 62.5ug actually making it into the user and acting, if we take that 50% as absolutely accurate, which makes for one fucking hell of a potent benzo. It is also ultrashort acting, and the combination of the absolute sheer potency of it, coupled with the incredibly short duration of action (a couple of hours at most), its potent enough and short enough lived that people can take, with no benzo tolerance whatsoever, just a single dose and have it cause a rebound withdrawal, only a mild one relatively speaking compared to what a benzo addiction or dependency can be, but enough to make someone anxious and unable to sleep all the same.It really sounds like the shittiest benzo I've ever heard of to be quite honest..able to make someone anxious and jittery and generally 'eerrgh' after a single tablet...that makes for the ideal settings for more use to relieve that, if someone isn't benzo-aware, and sounds like a perfect storm for a true physical addiction to develop in fuck all time flat. And that with such an ultrapotent, short-duration benzo like triazolam, would make it absolutely impossible to use itself to taper on since there is no way people could take even a quick cat-nap and if dependent not be woken by withdrawal, which if they weren't very benzo-aware, could end up very, very serious and very very quickly.

Be REALLY careful with that triazolam. Personally its one I wouldn't even try, outside of somehow obtaining just a few tablets, and having access to my usual nitrazepam/chlormethiazole scripts for following up the one-time use rebound, and allowing a benzo to be hanging around for a decent long time and as such to work its way out of me in a way that its a smoother far more gradual decline rather than an abrupt drop off into a withdrawal-like backlash.

Be REALLY fucking careful with the stuff. IMO maybe try it once or twice without other drugs, other than smoking a bit of weed, but this stuff at an absorbed dose of just half a 125ug total swallowed dose, and duration of a couple of hours tops, its best only ever for such times as you might need a home-use-suitable general anaesthetic, because that is what triazolam is. IMO probably the most damn dangerous benzo, for the reasons mentioned, ever to get medical approval. I'm surprised given its nature that it ever left the human volunteer trial stage, never mind seeking, and much less GETTING pharm regulatory approval, and not ending up shitcanned and left as a reference sample in Big Pharma's R&D labs, gathering dust on a shelf.

What is the point of a hypnotic benzo with acid before the absolute tail end of the trip? I get that xanax reduces anxiety related side-effects but benzos also dull a trip the stronger they get so I really don't recommend taking counteracting drugs like that.

I've had amnesia from just a bit too much xanax and a bit too much LSD and I lost 3 days. Which yes is another reason to take it really fucking easy with things like that. Save it for the comedown buddy.

Tripping can be anxious, I take the edge off too when I get overstimulated etc especially considering meds I usually take and things like that, but beyond that in my opinion and experience if I want to have a decent trip I should do no more than just take the edge off otherwise it really starts to defeat the purpose of tripping and I mostly get a generic trippy headspace but would not call it a real trip anymore. It is not like saying when a remedy hurts it is a sign its working (which is something you'd say to a child), but having an actual trip involves some jeopardy and going out of your comfort zone.

As for microgram potency benzos: I have taken flubromazolam and I got the instant withdrawals type EERRGH type shit exactly like limpet described, even during the main effects I felt like shit. Felt dangerous and scary.. By the way I am just an incidental benzo user at this point. I actually dumped that shit at an addiction / drug testing institution of sorts because I don't even trust to bin it any other way, that's the only time I have ever done that.

Taking these more serious benzos recreationally on their own without any psychedelic is dubious enough. So just try it on its own, if that.

I think I'd rather take some nitrazepam to physically relax (the mind tends to follow, whereas with anxiolytics there seems to be more tradeoff in dulling effects), on account of it being a superior muscle relaxant mostly. However I kinda forgot how hypnotic it is. I certainly wouldn't take temazepam or flunitrazepam with psychedelics before the absolute comedown.

Honestly I don't find it too different than xanax, judt shorter acting and an on-set in like 5 minutes, no kidding. What's your normal xanax dose?

I read Flunitrazepam and LSD is a wonderful combination. The autheur thought this benzo had something that made it different then the others.

On the other hand not having tried it myself who knows Flunitrazepam itself is nothing special IMO. Temazepam 15 mg and some smallish LSD dose that's the one I would be going for. Halcion or Triazolam sounds sort of like Midazolam which is used here for similar indications. Looks like a poor combo save it for the comdown and try to at least get a feel for it before diving in headfirst. Try it on it's own before combining it!