• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD while sick (Common Cold)?

CallMeGod.

Bluelighter
Have any of you had good/bad experiences while tripping on LSD when you are sick? I'm not extremely ill by any means, but I'm worried that my nasty cough and all that will bother me while I'm tripping. I've done LSD 4 times already but was just wondering if anyone had any input on tripping while sick?

just wait till your not sick, if your asking if the cold will bother you during the trip then it probably will. Remember store those blotters carefully

Yeah that was my main concern. I know about storing them, but thanks for the reminder, looks like I'll just hold on to them for another weekend anyway :p

I took a couple of tabs when I had a cold once. It was stupid, but I was on holidays with a couple of friends. It was a NICE hotel (actually it was more of a serviced apartment in a resort) with a good view of the ocean.

My friends had gone out to get me some cold and flu tablets while I slept in the afternoon.

They got back and said "we're going to trip balls and watch the sunset, do you want to join us?". I lay in bed thinking about it for a while. I thought I could lay around being sick being jealous or I could just take more cold and flu tablets and trip with them.

It worked out okay, sort of. I didn't get the same feeling I usually got, and the pseudoephedrine and codeine in the tablets change the body feeling a bit.

There was a point after I'd stopped peaking but was still tripping pretty hard when I became intensely aware of how sick I was. My muscles ached, I was tired, my head felt awful and it was an effort to breathe. I had a hot shower which helped a bit, but I couldn't stay in there forever because the others needed to use the toilet.

I ended up acting pretty weird - basically I stopped talking for a few hours and it bugged the shit out of my friends. I regret that part.

Given the chance again, I'd probably do it. But only because of the nice place we were in.

So unless there's an excellent reason I'd say give it a miss until you're healthy again.

I tripped the other week when I was really really hungover. It was a little uncomfortable for a minute, but not the biggest deal.

I did this once and it was a bad idea. The physical side-effects (excess salivation etc) really don't combine well with a cold.

Just wait a few days, you'll have a much better trip for it.

IME, tripping while mildly sick isn't *bad* but it isn't as *good* as saving the dose for a healthy day. If you're sick enough not to want to get out of bed at all, or to be legitimately worried that you might start vomiting.... Definitely skip the psychedelics. If it's just a sniffle and a cough and you have a compelling reason to do it now, it's probably no biggie, but if you want the best possible experience out of your precious tabs, save 'em.

I tripped once while I had a barely noticeable cold, it continued to be barely noticeable throughout the trip, and was, therefore, not bad at all, but I'd imagine an easily noticeable cold would make a trip quite uncomfortable. Tripping with a sunburn, however, is a fine idea! I ate an eighth of mushrooms once after getting a REALLY bad sunburn, and I barely noticed it during the trip, it was actually quite a nice relief, though I refused to look in the mirror because my face was starting to peel.

Have any of you had good/bad experiences while tripping on LSD when you are sick? I'm not extremely ill by any means, but I'm worried that my nasty cough and all that will bother me while I'm tripping. I've done LSD 4 times already but was just wondering if anyone had any input on tripping while sick?

dont do it,wait for time when you will be healthy... END OF THREAD

I'd suggest waiting, but not because your cold symptoms will bother you during the trip. Tripping is pretty taxing on your body, it's physically and mentally pretty hard work. You don't want to do anything to get in the way of your immune system doing its thing. Also, whenever I trip I get in tune with my body and am compelled to do whatever is best for it at the moment. If I tripped while sick I would feel compelled to do nothing but rest and drink fluids, which isn't the most exciting possibility.

^I get the same urged on LSD. To be very mindful of my health. I used to be very bad when it came to hygeine/health, I was overweight, didnt do simple things like keep my nails clean, shower daily, brush teeth, stay hydrated, etc. After I began my journey towards enlightenment after taking LSD for the first time I completely turned around. I carried over those urges into sober life. I'm now physically fit, do all those "simple things", stay hydrated, eat healthy etc.

Anywhoo I wouldnt do it. Especially if there is a significant amount of congestion. A very stuffy nose could prove very uncomfortable, as could a sore throat.

I like being in peak physical health when I indulge on psychedelics. I once had a blister on my foot that was quite large and was sensitive. I then took some mushrooms and the blister bothered me throughout the whole trip. Made it impossible to follow any insightful/funny/or other train of thought for very long.

A friend of mine tripped with me whilst they were ill at the time (quite a bad cold/flu) and had a terrible time, however this is not entirely blameable on the cold as we were inexperienced and not everything was perfect. But she did say the next day that being sick really affected the trip as she felt terrible the whole time.

I've had a bad experience doing lsd while i had a mild cold and by the end of the night it turned into a really bad one because I was smoking a lot cuz my lungs weren't bothering me during the trip... but after, oh boy.

This might not happen to you but it is still better to just wait until you are feeling better, you'll have a better time.

I've tripped with a bad cold a few times before. All times it was absolutely fine, didn't ruin the experience at all. Only the first time I remember there was one slightly unpleasant moment, it was in the late comedown (I had barely noticed I had a nose at all for most of the trip actually) but in the late comedown my nose felt huge and I had a pressure on my head, which lasted about an hour. Might've felt it sober too, didn't ruin the experience at all, it was still a lot of fun.

The second time tripping with a cold was fine too, even finer because I just stayed indoors calmly all night, not a problem at all. That trip wasn't any less good then any others, and I didn't get the pressure on my head either that night either. I even attempted to snort some ketamine; one nostril was ok with it and the other one burned and stung terribly. Didn't get as much effect as usual either, did work though, especially with the non-hurting nostril. Either way, I don't advise snorting with a cold, but tripping with a cold is absolutely fine for me.

I've also tripped with a bladder infection; didn't affect the trip either. I also tripped with bronchitis twice, of which one of the times it was very cold out and it made my lungs hurt; a little distracting but as again, not any worse then sober, if not better then sober.

I think that were all the times I was unhealthy and tripped anyway. I also did shrooms with a cold once, other then getting annoyed by my tearing eyes that was not a problem either.

--

Now this is my personal experience; maybe someone else will find it much more annoying to trip while unhealthy. Personally its never been a problem for me, especially not with a common cold. I wouldn't trip with a fever though, but with a mild infection somewhere or a cold I really see no harm. If you feel its a good idea and are on a comfortable place you'll probably be fine.

I've tripped with a bad cold a few times before. All times it was absolutely fine, didn't ruin the experience at all. Only the first time I remember there was one slightly unpleasant moment, it was in the late comedown (I had barely noticed I had a nose at all for most of the trip actually) but in the late comedown my nose felt huge and I had a pressure on my head, which lasted about an hour. Might've felt it sober too, didn't ruin the experience at all, it was still a lot of fun.

Now this is my personal experience; maybe someone else will find it much more annoying to trip while unhealthy. Personally its never been a problem for me, especially not with a common cold. I wouldn't trip with a fever though, but with a mild infection somewhere or a cold I really see no harm. If you feel its a good idea and are on a comfortable place you'll probably be fine.

Any time I've taken LSD during a common cold, it was gone the next day. This has happened two or three times. I've also found that mushrooms and mescaline are more likely to irritate it, but they are excellent for chest phlegm removal; it feels like they are bronchial dilators. YMMV.

I have tripped on 2c-t-7 with a fever, and I wouldn't recommend it.

I did it Last week and was fucking fine lol.

My cold was pretty mild ... just runny nose pretty much!

I was running around the grass field kicking a soccer ball for 2 hours straight.

I've tripped with a cold, at the beginning it bugged me and I kept ranting on and on about how my nose was runny and that it was my brain melting from inside my head & out my nose 8) but I was obviously very wrong, cause that would be seriously bad.

Then the peak hit, we all started running around in the tree's, cliff climbing & it was all good. If you know you and whoever you may trip with are the type of people to do some active stuff, chances are you'll forget all about it :)<3

I personally would not do it. When you trip out it puts a lot of stress on your Central Nervous System and if you have a Cold that just makes things worse.

Reminds me of a story about Ram Dass (Dick Alpert at the time).
He got a cold, and his friends came in and, without asking him, shot him with IM DMT.
When he was gone, they put some LSD tabs on his tongue, and he tripped for the rest of the day.
When he came down, his cold was gone.

(from the book Storming Heaven, I think)

I've heard from my close friend that he tripped on LSD while sick and when he came down the illness was gone. Perhaps the adrenaline and general acceleration of life while on LSD gets rid of crap from your body quicker.

I know it'd be hard for me to resist if I felt like crapola and had a bunch of acid on hand.