View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD & Weed caused anxiety

Strootus

Greenlighter
Hello everyone I tried LSD for the first time in early January this year. I did it because lots of my friends said it was amazing and a great spiritual and physical experience. I was not set up well or prepared for it because I was so excited to try it. I did it in my room at midnight (don't tell me how retarded that is I KNOW) ALONE, and stayed in there for a while. It was fine and I didn't really feel like it was taking effect. After about 45 minutes of a full "sunshine tab" (thats what the dealer called it.) I didn't really feel different. I was listening to music and it was alright, I did see a guitar in a red room with notes flying out of it but that's all really. From what my friends told me I was expecting more intense visuals and things like that. I went outside and smoked a bowl and that's where it went downhill. Immediately the cannabis and LSD combo started mindfucking me! I was thinking so hard it felt like I was watching myself watching myself. It also felt like my stomach was bleeding and tons of weird shit like that. After that night, everytime I tried smoking weed, I get an anxiety attack. Before I did LSD I was smoking almost everyday from November to January. It's been about 5 weeks since my last attempt on smoking weed. The last time I did it i was with a friend I only had ONE hit and i started feeling freaky. We got out and walked around and it felt like everything was textured and light coloured i was super sketched out. I demanded to go home and i went to bed immediately just trying to sleep it out. The weird thoughts also returned. I want to be able to enjoy smoking again... how would I go about that? The anxiety and insecurity has almost completely stopped now that ive been drug free for about 5 weeks (other than some beers). Should I wait longer and try it out every once and a while? Also would having xanax handy work in stopping a weed panic attack ? I just want to be able to get that tingly, anxiety free, happy, horny weed state that I used to get :(

Just don't get mega baked all time time. I'm been made fun tons of for passing on the joint. I don't care tho, cuz when i hit it more than a few times i start flashbacking hard, think of it as a free buzz :p

Any psychedelic will be intensified by weed, sometimes to unexpected depths. Always be cautious with this combo.

What you're experiencing is exceedingly common, so take some refuge in that fact. You sound young, too. So you're learning that drugs (and in particular hallucinogens) are not things that just get you buzzing and happy with no other kinds of side effects. At first it seems like they are, especially if you start young, when any latent anxiety issues may not have made themselves known yet, and when life hasn't really shit on you yet so you don't have too many worries or responsibilities. Unfortunately, drugs can be the catalysts for bringing out those anxiety issues, and this may be what is happening to you. Taking time off is a great first step, but there's more that can be done as well.

By your own admission, you didn't take care to ensure a proper set and setting for your LSD trip (assuming what you had was LSD, which is not an assumption to be taken lightly). Then you smoked a bowl. Now weed is showing you that it's an hallucinogen, and therefore needs to be treated with mindfulness. The first step to using hallucinogens properly is to have some kind of self-understanding. You can't let yourself just lose your shit with the first sign of anxiety. The mechanisms of action of hallucinogens have tight and deep connections to your body's anxiety modulation, so unless you're just the most relaxed surfer-dude on the planet you're probably going to get some jitters. Rather than "freaking," slow down for a minute and take a look at what you're experiencing. What are these feelings and why are they there? What's causing them? In general hallucinogens amplify native emotions, rather than introducing alien ones. With most hallucinogens, you have the added bonus of knowing that you're not in any physical danger; this should give you a chance to get to know your feelings when they're at their most amplified and in-your-face. This kind of skill will be useful in your sober life as well, and should be practiced sober and applied to the psychedelic state, as well as vice-versa.

it felt like everything was textured and light coloured i was super sketched out.[\QUOTE]

What you're describing here is that you ingested an hallucinogenic drug, and strong alterations in perception occurred. Should this be a surprise to you? If you're sketched out by the intended effects of a drug, why are you using it? It is exceedingly common for people who use cannabis to notice stronger hallucinogenic effects from the cannabis after having used LSD or other psychedelic drugs. Why freak out about this? If you ask me it gives you more bang for your buck. Again, you should reconsider why you are ingesting these drugs if their intended effects do not appeal to you. And this requires taking a realistic look at what these drugs are and what they do, not at what you want them to be and what you want them to do.

Thank you guys for the response. I know all this shit that I think is in my head and I know that I'm really ok. I tried weed for the first time today one or two puffs and then 2 hits and i feel ok. Feels like i could get overwhelmed if im not careful, but other than that I feel like what I would consider a "normal" high. I will keep doing this until my tolerance gets high enough to smoke a good amount with friends. Thanks guys!

From reading through trip reports for years and personal experience the two main ways of having bad trips is taking too much and from smoking weed after taking a psychedelic. I'm not saying every time you smoke on psychedelics will be bad but it is very common for things to turn to shit after a smoke.

Happened to a friend of mine as well several years ago. We were four guys tripping our balls off and they decided that they wanted to smoke some weed. Personally I felt that it wasn't such a good idea in the current "state". And I was right, not sure about two of them but one of them also got an anxiety attack. It faded quite quickly fortunately enough but for, I just had this feeling that "I shouldn't smoke weed right now, it might end badly". And I am sure I would also have gotten an anxiety attack if I had smoked.

Instead I stayed inside waiting for them watching Smallville with talking dogs... I don't know.

Part of the reason you have an increased response to cannabis for the past few months is that you've been smoking it less frequently. It's normal for psychedelics to have an effect where you feel a little trippy smoking weed for the nect few days, but that effect doesn't last very long.

Bad trips can cause lingering anxiety, and you apparently have some, but unless you worry about your stomach bleeding all the time we don't have the info to help. Try to avoid combining drugs with sleep deprivation, especially alone (if you have to stay up, a party is a good place to be).

What you're experiencing is exceedingly common, so take some refuge in that fact. You sound young, too. So you're learning that drugs (and in particular hallucinogens) are not things that just get you buzzing and happy with no other kinds of side effects. At first it seems like they are, especially if you start young, when any latent anxiety issues may not have made themselves known yet, and when life hasn't really shit on you yet so you don't have too many worries or responsibilities. Unfortunately, drugs can be the catalysts for bringing out those anxiety issues, and this may be what is happening to you. Taking time off is a great first step, but there's more that can be done as well.

By your own admission, you didn't take care to ensure a proper set and setting for your LSD trip (assuming what you had was LSD, which is not an assumption to be taken lightly). Then you smoked a bowl. Now weed is showing you that it's an hallucinogen, and therefore needs to be treated with mindfulness. The first step to using hallucinogens properly is to have some kind of self-understanding. You can't let yourself just lose your shit with the first sign of anxiety. The mechanisms of action of hallucinogens have tight and deep connections to your body's anxiety modulation, so unless you're just the most relaxed surfer-dude on the planet you're probably going to get some jitters. Rather than "freaking," slow down for a minute and take a look at what you're experiencing. What are these feelings and why are they there? What's causing them? In general hallucinogens amplify native emotions, rather than introducing alien ones. With most hallucinogens, you have the added bonus of knowing that you're not in any physical danger; this should give you a chance to get to know your feelings when they're at their most amplified and in-your-face. This kind of skill will be useful in your sober life as well, and should be practiced sober and applied to the psychedelic state, as well as vice-versa.

What you're describing here is that you ingested an hallucinogenic drug, and strong alterations in perception occurred. Should this be a surprise to you? If you're sketched out by the intended effects of a drug, why are you using it? It is exceedingly common for people who use cannabis to notice stronger hallucinogenic effects from the cannabis after having used LSD or other psychedelic drugs. Why freak out about this? If you ask me it gives you more bang for your buck. Again, you should reconsider why you are ingesting these drugs if their intended effects do not appeal to you. And this requires taking a realistic look at what these drugs are and what they do, not at what you want them to be and what you want them to do.

This post is so good, and so on point. Wow. Literally every sentence has knowledge and experience in it.

It accounts for the many different responses to the same substances. It bothers me when people who choose to take something and not ever look at themselves as the culprit. When they are used right and with preparation, it's pretty easy to get nice experiences with them basically every time. I think everyone who is inexperienced with drugs, and want to get into them, should read the above post thoroughly first. The first step to enjoying them is to be responsible, and hold yourself accountable to who you are and the choices you make in life.

Last edited: