• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD visuals?

FWIW, visuals have gotten stronger with me over the years. I never used to get much in the way of visuals even on heavy trips (breathing, tracers, some Persian carpet or hieroglyphs and that's it,) but now I get full-fledged visuals. This doesn't count LSD, as I don't like it and haven't taken it in 10+ years

yours is a classic description of visual layers collecting; unless you move around, everything becomes compounded, if you do move, it is still compounded, but the newest visual moments are clearest and give a good sense of where you are "now"

This makes me feel a little better that it's common so thank you.

And Hilopsilo, thanks for the advice I will definitely get earplugs next time. I thought about it, but wasn't sure if it would be weird or if I wouldn't hear much. I think the earplugs will make the experience much more enjoyable.

This makes me feel a little better that it's common so thank you.

And Hilopsilo, thanks for the advice I will definitely get earplugs next time. I thought about it, but wasn't sure if it would be weird or if I wouldn't hear much. I think the earplugs will make the experience much more enjoyable.

Not weird at all, at this point to me its weirder to see people without earplugs at a show when the music is blasting at 100db+, which can be incredibly unpleasant even if you're not tripping, not to mention very bad for you hearing. And in a lot of situations, especially indoor clubs and lower quality sound systems being played way too loud, ear plugs actually make the music sound better... Music being played too loud from shitty speakers actually feels painful to my ears, this is compounded by tripping balls.

You can get a good pair for $15-30, pm me and I can recommend some good ear plugs (mine are great and only costed like 20 bucks, you can also get custom ear plugs for much more $$$)

In the same way that sunglasses give you a place to retreat to when tripping, ear plugs do this as well but just for a different one of our senses. If I'm ever at a festival and feeling overwhelmed, I pop my sunglasses on and ear plugs in if they aren't already in.

(don't mean to derail! just thought this was an important topic too).

On the visuals topic though, I wear contact lenses and they often get very dry when I trip causing my vision to get blurry (this happens even when I'm sober). So I think next time I'll bring some good eye drops to hydrate my lenses, as I often find my eyes so dry that I can't really zone out and trip out on any visuals for too long.

Your post inspired me to get some nice music listening earplugs because I go to tons of live music, and I'm a musician. So thanks for that. :) I've been meaning to but I always forget. I don't want to end up 50/60 years old with significant hearing loss. I probably already have a bit of it.

Is it just me or do the visuals from LSD get less intense over the years?
Anymore, the only subs that give me really intense visuals are DMT and the analogs and DOC, but the Lysergamides give me enhanced colors and some trails from lights. However; I don't get the intense fractals or lightplay I used to get.
Mescaline is about the same and I know it isn't product or dosage so, what?
I was a hardcore opioid junkie for years and I was into doing copious amounts of Meth and Amphetamine for years.
Could either of those things factor into this?
I used to get good visuals when I was a kid and the LSD was not nearly as strong as it is now.
That said, I still get the headspace and that is mainly why I still use regularly, but if I want visuals it's DMT and the like...and, yes, i know LSD visuals are not like DMT, but it's either Aliens of just enhanced colors.
Now that i think about it, i got some seriously good visuals from high dose HBWR seeds,. but haven't eaten any in years so I don't know if i still could.
That happened to me with mushrooms, the only visuals I get are enhanced colors that become more bright and vibrant, my visual acuity becomes much more sharp, and some CEV even at high doses. But the first time I did shrooms when I was a teenager I had a full blown visual trip like seeing colors , patterns, shapes, shadows and everything I thought about I could see in my minds eye. But now the most I get are what I described in the beginning. I know you were talking about LSD but I couldn't help but to point out the similarities I have with shrooms