View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD & Phobias

KneelB4Doom

Bluelighter
Im new to bl but long time lurker. I am in a predicament to say the least. I tried lsd for the first time 2 nights ago and experienced a bad trip.
I ended up taking a total of 200ug, 2-100 tabs. Took one. Hour went by. Took another one lol.
I loved my trip except for the shitty part where I hallucinated snakes chasing me.
I was alone for the trip. I decided to go outside for a walk thats when it started it. It was also dark outside and cannabis was involved lol.
Once I got back to my aparrtment I was okay the remainder of the trip.

What do any of you think? Is Lucy just not right for me for awhile. Or should I just man up and trip inside. I have 2 tabs left. Not in a rush to trip.

Thanks for reading/input:)

The trip is giving you a chance to face your fears. However I think you also went slightly overboard for your dosage the first time.

That all being said; my ex was tripping on shoots once and someone played on her fear of cotton balls and threw a bunch at her. She said she was in the bathroom crying for hours and still has an overwhelming phobia of the things.
Slightly different from your scenario cause these wernt an hallucination.

You need to decide for yourself if you can possibly handle something like that again.

When you decide to try again, don't smoke weed. A lot of people don't handle weed well while tripping and you see a lot of reports on this site where this lead to a bad experience.

I think it was an opportunity for you to confront your phobia. Myself, I have always had a crippling phobia of birds. Regardless of size so if I'm in their vicinity I have anxiety attacks and can't cope. However I had two consecutive trips recently where me and a friend were outdoors the entire time in a local park, loads of different birds big and small. I found initially I was anxious when I got close but after thirty seconds the fear and anxiety dissipated and I was able to admire their beauty and their intriguing social structures and the way they behave. Now while I still couldn't sit in an enclosed space with one or touch one I am more than capable of going to a park busy with birds, or indeed feed them bread with my toddler niece. I was amazed how well it worked to be honest.

If you don't feel like doing it again then don't, if you do want to maybe take a little less and without the weed. Also maybe have a tripsitter with you.

Phobias can absolutely come up on a trip, but as others have said that is also a chance to deal with it differently than you normally do. On a lot of mushrooms I once started seeing scary looking spiders, which I have a minor phobia of, not hallucinations but just pictures flashing in my minds eye. And for quite some time I tried to force myself to think about something different, but of course it always kept popping up again because the thought "Let's not think about x" immediately reminds you of x. So finally I just gave up and just looked at the "pictures" and, rembering that you can actually trick your brain into feeling happier by forcing yourself to smile for a short time, started smiling at that scary eight eyed gleam of some big spider. For some time I felt very foolish and uncomfortable, but then I suddenly realized that the spider was much less scary looking, in fact without the "picture" having changed at all it seemed like it was smiling back at me. At which point I realised that it was me who was smiling back at myself. The impression of scariness/friendliness was nothing but a reflection of my own state of mind. That was very interesting to say the least. :D

Thats exactly how I felt when I got home. I figured it was my minds version of being thrown in a pool when you cant swim. You either sink or you learn to float. Do you think I should just do 1 tab next time or should do 200ug since ive already done it?

Okay okay so this is probably where I went wrong. I think I started smoking because I was getting anxious that I wasn't "feeling" the trip yet and I wanted to jumpstart it because of being impatient. I'll keep the buds and tabs separate from now on.