Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - New Experience - Random drive to a mountain

andyg123

Greenlighter
Hi,

First time poster on this site :)

Just had my first experience with this awesome thing last night... I sort of regret not reading up on it much beforehand actually... but I guess that was part of the fun of it - experiencing something totally unexpected that came out of nowhere.

The mistakes I made were doing it with a friend I probably shouldn't of done it with. Honestly I probably would of been better alone, and I found I really didn't want to hear any of his thoughts that he was sharing, I just wanted to swim in my own space and make a spiritual connection with my inner-self. There was no way of knowing I would of felt like this though without actually having done it I guess so no biggie. The other really really huge mistake was doing it on a Sunday night when I had to worry about work today because I didn't know how intense or long it lasted for (again I should of read up on it). I didn't end up going to work which is no biggie but I regret having to worry about the next day... Next time I will make sure I have a full long weekend for it.

All in all though it started off as a really great trip and it took me somewhere I never could of imagined existed. Gave me real clarity. It just had a very rough finish when I had to figure out how to get home at about midnight and ended up having to take a taxi. Thank god it was a clean one and had a cool driver :p (but shit... waiting for the taxi in the rain was hell). Going back home to the parents place was just shit and made me very paranoid until I locked the door to my room and really got settled in... but so much as taking a simple trip to the bathroom became an epic, negative journey that I really had to build myself up to do.

But back to the good part of the trip... and it was absolutely insanely awesome. I couldn't imagine being that close to nature or gaia or that energy or whatever you would call it, again... We had a third sober friend who I actually trusted more than the guy I was tripping with. He took us for a drive up to this amazing mountain about 1 hr of scenic driving away from where we lived. It was nothing at all but rainforest as far as you could see. The top of the mountain overlooked the whole city and had this amazing little park on top of it. If you have ever watched Mononoke - that was what the forest seemed to me... complete with forest spirits and the lot. The moon was full and the stars were out and a fine mist covered everything.... couldn't really have planned a better place or time to go there. I could really feel the energy of everything around me.

Coming down at my mates place after we got back was pretty fun as well... not so much of a spiritual awakening as the mountain trip was - more of an entertainment thing, but watching Dragonball Z was a very good choice of a tv show to watch :p. Just watching everything distort and pulsate was a very fun way to start coming down!

Anyway sorry for the boring ramblings. Just thought I'd share on here my first trip on this stuff.

I really do want to try again as soon as I get the chance. Hopefully while it is still summer here and my parents are out of the house. I will definitely do it alone next time I think, and just go for a walk in the backyard (we live on acreage). and hang in my room with my thoughts, listening to music etc. Even though I was in some bad scenarios with my fellow tripping friend making me uncomfortable and the taxi ride back home, the mountain trip more than made up for it a hundred times over and never once did I feel overly freaked out. It was a very smooth journey overall :) Next time with some planning hopefully I can have another journey that will take me even deeper.

Cheers,

Welcome to BL!

Sounds like you did pretty well for your first time, having no preparation. If you want to be properly ready (for any psychoactive), I can recommend no greater resource than Erowid, with particular mention to the Experience Vault. I have found it invaluable.

Regarding your wish to trip alone, personally I consider this a somewhat "advanced" setting. I can't really recommend it for someone inexperienced. If you do, make sure you adequately prepare for it. Read some of the more detailed Erowid reports, specifically regarding the experience you seek.

Oh, and.... it's "could HAVE", not "could OF"! Damn kids these days, don't they teach English in school anymore? =D

Oh, and.... it's "could HAVE", not "could OF"! Damn kids these days, don't they teach English in school anymore? =D

haha you must be old :p lol

but sounds like a nice adventure... spontaneous is always fun while tripping!

"
The mistakes I made were doing it with a friend I probably shouldn't of done it with. Honestly I probably would of been better alone, and I found I really didn't want to hear any of his thoughts that he was sharing, I just wanted to swim in my own space and make a spiritual connection with my inner-self. There was no way of knowing I would of felt like this though without actually having done it I guess so no biggie. The other really really huge mistake was doing it on a Sunday night when I had to worry about work today because I didn't know how intense or long it lasted for (again I should of read up on it). I didn't end up going to work which is no biggie but I regret having to worry about the next day... Next time I will make sure I have a full long weekend for it."

True information there, acid trips are long and taxing, and you need a good set and setting, and plenty of time to recover. Again, examine erowid for more information about acid experiences.