• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD, Methamphetamine - Hospitalised

Yesterday, after smoking meth pretty heavily for the past 3 days, I dropped a single tab of LSD. A few hours later I thought I was going to die. My hands and body center felt ice cold, my hands could not stop clenching. Put myself in the hospital where I felt reality was just one repeatedly spinning loop that I could not escape from. A truly horrible experience. Is that what leftover meth in your system can do with acid? Why couldn't this be a case of serotonin syndrome?

not just left over in your system,
but what overall (depleted) condition your system is in:
i.e. the accrued effects upon your system from days of indulgence or stress (not just the drug list recently consumed)

Set and Setting applies to the physical and mental composition, as well as the environment.

I think in this combination, too little consideration was made about physical and mental set (or too much bravado)
but the psychonaut may have learned to consider dosage, combinations, and sequences of usage more carefully

Are you sure? I believe that LSD and methamphetamine are both known to cause serotonin syndrome when combined with certain substances

Not commonly, no, and LSD never is. Remember that SSRIs taken alone are classified as a serotonin syndrome risk, and they cause such even more rarely than meth.

vader said:
QFT. Goes for MDMA too. Basically the only thing worse than a miserable grinding comedown is tripping through said.

Yup, pretty much, though classical psychedelics extend effects and attenuate 'coming down' for some people, I'm guessing those for whom MDMA comedowns don't closely resemble those of classical stimulants.

ebola

Are you sure? I believe that LSD and methamphetamine are both known to cause serotonin syndrome when combined with certain substances

Not commonly, no, and LSD never is. Remember that SSRIs taken alone are classified as a serotonin syndrome risk, and they cause such even more rarely than meth.

vader said:
QFT. Goes for MDMA too. Basically the only thing worse than a miserable grinding comedown is tripping through said.

Yup, pretty much, though classical psychedelics extend effects and attenuate 'coming down' for some people, I'm guessing those for whom MDMA comedowns don't closely resemble those of classical stimulants.

ebola

Australian doses at usually at 100ug+ easily. I come across some upwards of 180ug. Honestly some of the best acid is available in the northern eastern parts of Australia, better then the likes of which I have had in israel and europe. Perhaps could this "acid" be an NBOME or similar RC?? Also hats off to you if your dropping 3+ Australian quality hits of cid. I would lose my goddamn mind.

@amph: That seems like an overly general question, I think that Australia and NZ have very strict laws and tight borders which would increase incidence of NBOMe compounds and other novel psychedelic analogues - though as long as those aren't scheduled as well. That said, it is always possible to have fake acid and I don't believe it works to guess about where it might be circulating a lot. I'd rather see some random reagent testing around the world to support making claims about such trends.
Also whether someone would confuse "some of the best acid" with NBOMe compounds would depend on how well the NBOMe's are tolerated. Yes, they can very well be just as powerful as LSD or more, it is hard to compare though because of dosage differences. But on the other hand not everyone agrees about how good of a psychedelics these NBOMe compounds are.
Talking about 100 or 180 ug doses says very little to me unless independent + free lab analysis is available like in my country... which shows that actual microgrammage is often a lot lower than the hyperbolic advertisement and wishful thinking. Most of the time ug dosage descriptions of acid batches are like a currency of subjective potency. E.g. someone will tell you that a batch feels like as if the dose is 100 ug, or you might have that feeling yourself. Problem is, that might vary between people and you always need empirically confirmed results to start off with as a reference point. Trust me... 99% of the time, that is not what's going on.

Unlike amphetafiend, personally I don't really salute getting hospitalized from combining meth with an uncertain dose of acid, but I am glad that you're alright. I've been experimental, doing combo's and pushing doses, etc.. but what deserves to be called heroic or epic instead actually IMO is: supporting fellow trippers who are going through a very rough time when it turns out there are very unfortunate set & setting issues and shit takes a turn for the worse. (for example)

Is there a chance for something like this to happen with an MDMA/lsd combo too?

I didn't experience seizures with that combo, but I would've literally rather had a seizure than the outcome that was had and still haunts me...

You know that seizures are potentially fatal though, right?

ebola