View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD lost potency?

wideyez24

Greenlighter
I have a sour patch kid gummy with a drop of liquid LSD on it. I never took it the night I planned to and I've been holding on to it for the past month waiting for an opportunity to take it. Could it have lost potency since the LSD has been sitting in the sugar of the gummy for a while?

The sugar shouldn't do anything, but exposure to light and heat might although after only a month any possible degradation should be neglible.
How did you store it over the last month?

We had a lsd dosed oreo cookie for 2 months sitting around in our car. It was extremely potent when ingested, youll be fine :D

Unless you stored that gummy under extremely bad conditions one month isn't long enough for any noticeable degradation IME. I have had blotters and sugar cubes stored in the open for months without loss of potency but that may just be because california doesn't have extreme weather.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I have actually been keeping the gummy wrapped in aluminum foil and stored away in a drawer. It sounds like I should be good?

Last edited:
I had LSD dropped sour patch gummies stored in the exact same way for a few months which didn't lose any potency, so indeed you should be good to go, enjoy!

According to a leading researcher in the field of psychedelics, crystal L at room temperature in the dark will last decades. So unless it was in water, in the heater, etc. you're good
This, the whole LSD degradation bit has pretty much been blown WAY out of proportion, but it has lead to lots of people adopting proper storage methods for their LSD which is always a good thing

I have a fair amount of experience handling LSD and I can testify to many instance of lost tabs after inproper storage methods.

This is no myth, storing LSD to preserve it is a must.

I would say that Dragonfly speaks the truth, however degradation may be unpredictable and unreliable since for example a certain amount of moisture may have to be present to catalyze reactions that facilitate or equate this degradation. Something like that may not be a catalyst in the traditional sense but still a condition that can make a difference that is not linear but exponential. I must admit I am not 100% sure about this, but it is the best explanation I can give for inconsistent responses on the subject.
Weather and other more small scale environmental factors can contribute to things like moisture presence, which makes the whole thing chaotic to evaluate.

What to take away from this is: if you want to be able to rely on the quality and potency of your LSD, store it properly. If you do not, it may be a gamble.

I have a fair amount of experience handling LSD and I can testify to many instance of lost tabs after inproper storage methods.

This is no myth, storing LSD to preserve it is a must.
Have you ever stored it on a gummy or sugar cube and had it lose potency? Like I said, i have kept it in a drawer and wrapped in aluminum foil the whole time.