View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD in NYC

Tiizle

Greenlighter
I am potentially going to New York City in a week or two with some friends who have a place in Queens. We're planning on taking some tabs and going into Manhattan, maybe go to central park and what not...i haven't been to the city in a few years and was wondering if anyone knew of any chill places to go while tripping. Maybe like somewhere not crazy crowded just incase shit hits the fan (neither of my friends have tried lsd before)...somewhere scenic idk... any suggestions help :)

Last edited:
Capitol theatre. Grand central station central park. Wtc etc. Tons of stuff ask a guide.

lol the ferris wheel in the Toys R Us just crossed my mind. that would be way too much...very ridiculous
but thank you, i'll def just have to look into that

new york is the best!
the best subways
the best galleries
the best food stores
even the best sidewalks.

Depends on how much you take. If you're planning on doing a tab or more, I wouldn't recommend being out and about anywhere, especially on a first trip. Tripping can dramatically impede your ability to function normally, and even render you unable to defend yourself. I grew up in New York and trust me, the inner city is no place for tripping. Why not drive out to Long Island to some lovely natural setting like the beach? Be safe, and be careful!

Best wishes now and always.

I personally have taken acid 5+ times, in varied settings, and most always have a great time. it would be my friends first lsd trip, but both have tried shrooms. One of my friends said she would be down to take a quarter tab (may end up doing none at all). Her last/only psychedelic experience didn't go great, which makes me sad, but I would be taking two and my other friend one. The whole reason why we would be taking it in NY is because we're back from winter break, its cold out and parents most likely will be home... i don't wanna get stranded in the snow or sent to the loony bin lol. My friend has an apartment in Queens so we were thinking if things ever got to be too much we retreat back.
I know it will still be cold there, I don't mind venturing around anyway, as long as theres a safe space to go back to. My friends said they want to show me some cool places and what no,t I just wanted to see if there was maybe some more chill places where you can have some sort of seclusion, or nice views...i dunno well have to figure for ourselves lol

(i'm new to BL and am having a hard time figuring out how to quote correctly ugh lol)
"I grew up in New York and trust me, the inner city is no place for tripping."

I definitely see what you mean. I'll prob put on a pair of shades on if we do end up wanting to leave the house and explore. Shades always make me feel way more safe and secure from random people. Have you ever tripped in the city/if so what was the experience like? if you don't mind me asking

a quarter up to one full tab should still permit walkabouts, and NYC is the best city, if you ♡ NY
Queens is a suburb, so you may want to take more and hide.

Ya i feel ya, we were planning on taking the subway in if we can hold it together in the setting lol i have faith%)... I haven't been to the city in like 4 years so I'm extra excited because i used to love it and want to live there. we could always go check it out after we peak. prob staying 2 nights so well see where the acid takes us

I would be taking two and my other friend one.

This makes me cringe. NYC is no place for a full-blown trip. I suggest you re-think this. One tab would be more sensible. If you're really determined to do two, I suggest you stay in the apartment. That way at least you're safe if the going gets rough.

I just wanted to see if there was maybe some more chill places where you can have some sort of seclusion, or nice views...

Secluded places in NYC are dangerous. You'd be much safer on Long Island. The beaches out there are highly recommended.

Have you ever tripped in the city/if so what was the experience like? if you don't mind me asking

A bit scary, but I'm someone who doesn't like roller coasters, either. I've done it all, and with psychedelics, caution is always the best approach.

One final note. Smoking weed on psychedelics is a frequent cause of bad trips, because it greatly intensifies them. That's happened to me repeatedly.

ce3d37a78812c895745e4d4132f0eb14.jpg

"New York City is no place for a dog tripping balls."

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning about the pot, but damn i don't think i've ever tripped with out smoking some ganj...nothing like a nice blunt/spliff when tripping IMO

Smoking herb while on acid is the best combination ever.

If you love herb you will love it on LSD, even with today's low doses of LSD where people have to take multiple tabs to trip moderately, or very hard. Definitely smoke some herb.

As far as places go in NYC go to the art and history museums, and whatever interests you.

I am potentially going to New York City in a week or two with some friends who have a place in Queens. We're planning on taking some tabs and going into Manhattan, maybe go to central park and what not...i haven't been to the city in a few years and was wondering if anyone knew of any chill places to go while tripping. Maybe like somewhere not crazy crowded just incase shit hits the fan (neither of my friends have tried lsd before)...somewhere scenic idk... any suggestions help :)
Screen_Shot_2017-08-24_at_7.47.55_AM.png

Ya.... About That...
I will NEVER eat Strong - Heavy doses in New York, not to mention the freaking city...

That set and setting IS NOT the right place to be eating acid. FOR ANYONE!!!

Lol the best subways!!!!! You must not live here

actually lived and worked there all last summer (soho) - loved it - enjoyed my usual lysergamides (1p, eth, al-lad) - adored the A train but used several. sometimes biked to work in Hudson Yards.

lived there again in January F & M train (I think) from long island to manhattan (work) and brooklyn (daughter).

New York is great if you have some sanctuary, and the people are very natural IMO.