• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - Experienced - oh god...i'm NEVER doing acid again!

i only say it's a shame because i feel it has changed the way i see things for the better.
that's just personal opinion, so i guess for you it's not a shame...personal opinion, that's all. and i'm definitely not knocking you for quitting, more power to you in that respect.
bc
------------------
bc-
**Proud to be an Official member of the Stuck-Up/8-Up Crew**
"Fuck PLUR! it's all about hardcore ass fucking!!"
We'll make great pets...
"drug suppliers, typically wearing 'Ecko' brand sweat shirts shuffle around the dance floor, chanting softly, 'want some pills? k?'" - Shu Shin Luh, The Chicago Sun-Times

Acid only works with what it has to work with. Maybe it just brought out the "real" you. It is known to bring out latent psychological illnesses, and that is how it fucks with your head. It doesn't create a different person out of you, it only enhances how you really are and how you really think.
But sorry you had a bad trip. First time I did acid I was not feeling so well emotionally either, because my friends drunk ass roommate came home and started hitting on my girlfriend right in front of my face. I wanted to kill this guy. I couldn't do anything because I was tripping so hard. But I managed to relax and pull out of that bad trip. But the rest was a beautiful experience. Sorry you can't enjoy this wonderful drug anymore, but cid is not for everyone.
[This message has been edited by PARADIGM (edited 18 December 2000).]

A bad trip is basically when it hurts too much in your tummy/head... never been scared of the visuals (the whole point of taking it)...just when you eat like 8 of them and you only weigh 120 pounds... that's a tad excessive and the chemical will do some nasty uncomfortable stuff to your body. -Aja-
------------------
You gonna eat that?

the visuals are not the ONLY reason for taking it....
*sigh*

Sorry to hear about such a bad trip. I also have had my share of bad trips as well. Aparently you are also experienced so you know what you are talking about. There is no evil in trippin', it is an intelectual drug that has the ability to enlighten your prespective to life in ways that being sober cannot. It is not for everybody and is far from a habitual drug.
I go to raves alot so I am constantly around it. When trippin' the environment that your in plays the most significant roll in your trip. taking it while being stessed out (ex.) getting off work, prior arguments, fights, having a real shitty day, ect, will all play a roll in a bad trip. Again sorry to hear about that I know where your coming from.
E-mail me with any responses and/or Q's.

Also sorry to hear it freaked you out so bad. Myself, I have also only done 'cid about a dozen times. It's fair to say my bad experiences outnumber the good ones. But I keep doing it. Why?
Because I firmly belive that anything I experience during a trip is coming from myself, behind the doors of my mind that I normally keep locked. I have gone through the belief that I had gone insane and could never live a normal life again (and I should add, NEVER do a strong dose of 'cid with a strong dose of K unless you have the mental strength of several people to handle the total detachment from reality).
Yet I always, always get a certain belief that I have learned a little more about myself each time, good or bad, and always, always feel glad that I have seen the dark side of my mind and that it is safely locked away most of the time. If you know your enemy which for me is the intensely self-critical feelings of worthlessness which always hit me during my major depressive disorder attacks after bereavements/relationship endings then it is easier to deal with. I have felt the intensity of fear and pain I am capable of during bad trips and yet always come out unscathed the next day. In "real life", knowing that such changes are possible in such a short space of time is a help in dealing with depression, where I never used to believe I could ever feel better.
This is all dependent on believing that acid does not change you into someone who isn't already inside you however. Your feelings are dependent on neurology and your innate "reality anchors". Acid removes these anchors from reality and blurs imagination into reality.
The nightmare analogy is excellent. Dreams are generally considered to be the unconcious mind "filing" the crap from the concious mind into a mental filing cabinet, leaving you more or less fresh to start a new day. A bad trip just throws the bad files back into the concious mind but the subconcious mind files them away again safely, and at least you had a chance to see what the bad files were like and have an ability to recognise and deal with those emotions should they ever crop up in real life.
This is such a subjective opinion I don't think I expressed it very well.
Finally, to add to others' remarks, DRUGS CANNOT BE EVIL - they have no decision making abilities and cannot conciously decide to act in an immoral way which harms others, even though they know such actions are wrong. A knife is not evil for the same reason, even though knives can be fatal if used in the wrong way.
The person who decides to use the drugs is responsible for making an informed decision with regards to risks and benefits. A knowledge of the drug, the dosage and the potential consequences is essential to make an informed decision and take the risk (big or small).
Likewise if someone spikes your drink and you have a bad trip, the drug is not the guilty party, the person who put it there is.
Drugs cannot go out and mess people up, but people go out and mess themselves (and/or others) up with drugs.

ok i guess i'd like to apologize for my statement that acid is evil. but in my mind now it is. and yes i understand that the drug can only work with whats inside my head. so maybe i just think the experience was evil. whatever..nevertheless- my acid days are over. i much prefer mushrooms- they're more social and fun for me, and not as intense.
thanks for all the feedback guys!

Interesting thread by the way. And personally I agree with you on the shrooms front.

I will chime in again.
1) I hope skydancer wasn't refering to me. I speak from experience, not bullshit made up things. I honestly don't feel that he was... but anyways
smile.gif

2) I'm not a know-it-all... though it seems that way sometimes.
=======
ok. I'd also like to point out that if you honestly believe that mushrooms are less-intense than lsd... well you aren't exactly doing mushrooms 'correctly'. Then again I don't think many of us CARE about benefiting from the chemical existance. I think a lot of people out there are in it for the high and the escape it provides.
For me, drugs are far far far from an escape.
How to eat mushrooms: Get a couple handfulls. Eat them until you start to see disturbances in the visual field. Keep eating them until you realize that you ate too many.
Mushrooms make acid look retarded if you eat them right. They are so overpowering and overwhelming (when done correctly), they make lsd look like a simple cousin. Enjoy the mushroom, make love to the mushroom, but do not abuse the mushroom. As with all other psycadellics, it WILL turn on you if you even slightly abuse it or disrespect it.
lsd is a very simple game, but it's a game with rules that need to be learned. Pscadellic reality is intense, no matter what you're on and we must learn to respect that intensity. We must NOT throw away our experiences with psycadellics, we must learn about ourselves, from them.
It's just you anyways.
Lsd cannot be defined, until you can define yourself, and until you can accept the world around you.
You see the key to doing lsd is to just let things be. Let yourself be. Let the world around you be. And let the people around you be.
I've had experiences with lsd so intense that I no longer recommend lsd to people. It is for me though, it is a chemical I choose to enjoy *myself* with.
Different opinions, different realities. Acid is not for everyone, simply because people are not all ready, willing, or able - to accept what they see.
so they freak out, piss their pants, go to the hospital, and call their parents to applogize for being who they are.
Never applogize for yourself, unless you are unwilling to change.
If acid is not for you, then just do not do acid.
again, some of us are 'psycadellic' people (so to speak...
wink.gif
), some of us aren't.
Live life, love youself..
above all - just be.
Pyro

Hmmm, no sorry. I have taken 5 grams of Psilocybe cyanescens and still found it less intense than a good session of LSD. Bear in mind I'm not talking good or bad here at all. It's just that in a group with non-drug takers, everyone has gelled easier when shrooms have been taken, in my experience. It's more giggly and childish than a good LSD session with friends. Yes, I find that shrooms are more recreational (which is cool as well). As I said, that's my personal experience, and it's subject to change.

uh.....i have no desire to down a huge handful of shrooms. i did them the other night and only took 2 grams. it was awesome! i got some nice mellow visuals and we were laughing at everything. i find i can control myself much more than on acid. on acid i'm usually pretty paranoid. so maybe i'm not doing shrooms the "right way", but i like my way.

Shrooms aren't any "safer" than acid. 2-3 grams is normal to be honest. It's just that when in Amsterdam...

Try "Liberty caps" then tell me lsd is stronger than mushrooms.
it's lame to compare the two but
visuals from mushrooms are not mild when you dose them correctly. Honestly, I know it's lame (my dick is bigger whatever) but you are probably getting weak mushrooms if the visuals are 'mellow'. I'm talking about vortexes and massive color overhaul with overtone music playing in the background that doesn't exist while the walls and everyone around you melt away and you are doing the best you can to not melt away with them until you finally give up and go astral plane surfing, all the while EVERY noise made is significant and distorted/flanged/echoed/reverbed. the 'visuals' penetrate your chest and eyes and stab through you and suffocate you and envelope you and manipulate everything reality has to offer, while the five yard vortex in the ground off in the distance starts to emmit a beautiful red light.
a few factors would play into this equation, of course. Strength of the mushroom, openness of the user, and set/setting. strength of the mushroom plays a major role
I think initial comparisons of the two were actually not worth it. they're two very seperate experiences, two very seperate chemicals, and two very very seperate desires.
I've found that people who take low doses of mushrooms 'recreationally' are the ones who have been torn apart by lsd and couldn't take it, or do not prefer lsd or any massive psycadellic (for that matter). In a lot more than just this case.
Pyro

Liberty caps ? He he. It's hard not to have done them when they grow all over your countryside between September and November. I have a trip report on liberty tea. Gotta spell check it.

uh....what i get out of mushrooms is all i really want in a psychedellic.....like i said, maybe i'm not doing it "right", but i don't want to be crazy fucked up......whatever......

Mushrooms almost always give me a shitty trip, I perfer acid.
I think some people take acid too seriously though, it's easy to get wraped up in the experience and forget it isn't nessicarly real.

I think everyone here is forgetting a key part of Mommy's post. She had dosed 15-20 times before she had this nasty trip. I keep seeing posts telling her that acid affects everyone differently, that she isn't ready for it, etc.
Mommy, you are obviously experienced with it. No one knows precisely how LSD works. I would guess you just got mindfucked for a good 24 hour period for unknown reasons.
------------------
Jonathan
--"That's Willy time."

Not to beat a dead horse with this topic, but I totally sympathize with Mommy. I enjoyed quite a few trips on acid without any ill effects (probably 10 or 11)...I also experimented with other psychedelic drugs without any problem (lucky again). However, I did have a friend in college who did have a serious psychological disturbance due to LSD. He had to take a medical/psychological leave from school and undergo some serious psychological therapy.
I'm from the more spiritual school of thought that believes that LSD and other psychedelic drugs tap into a cosmic reality/energy (for lack of a better word) and opens up doors that extend beyond our own psychological make up. I also don't believe that it was merely a psychological instability that caused my friend to have such a severe reaction. There is a lot that we don't understand about our cosmos and we need to have some respect for it.
I guess my only advice for somebody who touches those strange places of reality through their drug use that causes a serious psychological disturbance is to do their best to return to that which is fundamental, concrete, and physical. Good diet, excercise, and the acceptance of the possibility of a long recovery period. The help of a very good psychiatrist can help, too, just as long as they aren't trying to control your psychology too much in the process. (In other words, a good psychiatrist will not brainwash you, but help you discover your own answers).
I haven't personally been in that kind of situation before, but I have read quite a few posts by people who had scary experiences with drugs that required a long rehabilitation.
Hope you are well now. Take care.

never been scared
of the visuals (the whole point of taking it)
This is proof positive that psychedelics don't really reliably do anything but just make you trip (assuming you take enough to get beyond the physical side effects. At least to those not seeking a spiritual/psychological aid. Obviously why some poeple look at you like you are a nut when you say you found god through tripping. I have gotten that several times. That fully explains the video game.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here
[This message has been edited by morninggloryseed (edited 26 December 2000).]