Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd during total solar eclipse 2017

omerta14

Greenlighter
hi friends

So, it's tomorrow, and my pet frog has some top notch 250mcg (seriously, they actually are, he knows this as a fact) blotters. Lucky for him he lives in the dead-center path of totality; in other words the eclipse will pass exactly over him and he will have the opportunity of witnessing the full experience. He plans to drop 2 tabs, and has his authentic eclipse glasses all ready.

His question is if the effects of the acid on the eyes (turns the pupils to bowling balls) pose any real added harm?

Also any ideas/discussion on how to properly enjoy this rare celestial occurrence on such an amazing molecule?

Also, my frog just checked his drawer and he has some noopept (a nootropic), and some 5-htp (supplment related to serotonin). Would these go well in combination with the LSD, and if so, when should he actually take them, relative to the time he drops the blotters? And if they would be good potentiators, what's the recommended dosages?

thanks, my frog is appreciative

don't look at it, but do observe how the world changes, how nature reacts, and how people behave,
the eclipse itself is a total bore.
but the way it causes reactions is very interesting,
tune in look around but not up at the sun.

I'm planing on doing 300mcg myself tomorrow, but like pupnik already stated the actual celestial even is boring and the rest of the world far more interesting. I did he same thing with a total eclipse in the 60's and it was great.

Enjoy !!!

Enjoy the scene as a whole, not just staring up at a black dot in the sky, watch how everything changes.

Btw, we know it's you and not your frog, codenames similar to SWIM are unnecessary on here

don't look at it, but do observe how the world changes, how nature reacts, and how people behave,
the eclipse itself is a total bore.
but the way it causes reactions is very interesting,
tune in look around but not up at the sun.

Enjoy the scene as a whole, not just staring up at a black dot in the sky, watch how everything changes.

Sounds like solid advice!

No swimming or frog fucking here on BL, Omerta. We all know it's you, any possible law enforcement or government entities know it's you, any random motherfucker at all knows it's you, and the whole retarded alias crap doesn't actually do a damn thing at all (despite common retarded misconception) to protect you legally. Only purpose it serves and only thing you accomplish by doing so is make your posts difficult to read and annoy people here. Doing it is against the Bluelight user agreement for a reason. Please just keep this in mind in the future.

-PA

I'm amazed at how spiteful your post is, especially to a novice member of this forum. Have you been emotionally traumatized? Did your father beat you as a child?

Maybe my frog could help you out a bit:

[h=2]"Frog Symbolism & Meaning[/h]

Frog spirit brings us into a deeper connection with our feelings, perspectives and our ability to purge negativity from our lives be that “dis-ease” spiritual, mental or physical.
Frog cannot endure a toxic environment and challenges you to release those emotions (like anger, hatred, bitterness, etc.) that hold you back. These outlooks show up in a person’s aura like dark splotches and, in turn, decrease our natural protective and intuitive abilities."

(source: https://whatismyspiritanimal.com/sp...phibians-reptiles/frog-symbolism-and-meaning/)

A bit pathetic how you feed your likely "anhedonic"-caused-aggression by spewing your hateful garbage over an internet forum. Seek help.

Well maybe it was a bit intense, but it's actually true that "SWIM/my frog/my dog/etc" stuff is not allowed on Bluelight. Because it's true that it doesn't do anything to protect you at all. I know it's commonplace or even required elsewhere. But here it's not how we roll. Because reading a forum full of third person/"pet <insert animal here>" or (much much worse) SWIM/SWIY bullshit is fatiguing and annoying. And I would argue that your response is at least as hateful (in fact I think if you re-read it with an impartial eye, there isn't really any spite involved at all nor any personal attack to you, so much as a sense of impersonal annoyance at the SWIM shit - all the "not me" stuff boils down to SWIM)... so please be kind, even in the face of perceived unkindness. If we all did that, shit would be better in the world, no?

But yeah, I'm gonna see the eclipse tomorrow too... not gonna trip though as I did so today and I am taking a couple hours off work and then going back to work. Ah if only I had thought ahead and asked off before everyone else did... I'd be camping tonight right in the path and having a blast.

Noopept combines fine with LSD, I think if anything is probably keeps you more grounded in the moment. I would avoid 5-HTP as I find it can make me a bit tired. LSD mimics serotonin since it is an agonist at the serotonin receptors (and others), so having more serotonin makes no difference in its effects.

Last edited:
You're right Xorkoth, perhaps I WAS just a tiny bit harsh/intense. Been irritated all day and people haven't helped I guess, so I suppose I could've sent the message in a little bit softer tone which I actually realized when I calmed a bit. So, my apologies to my fellow BLers if I've offended or been detrimental to the community.

And I WAS also actually really interested in offering an apology to Omerta here specifically.......however, after seeing his ACTUAL personal attacks against me, I'm far from inclined to do so, and in fact, I'm having a very difficult time not doing very opposite of that. By the way, your last sentence makes no sense pal haha. I suppose you must not grasp the English language too well nor know the words you used lol..... But it's okay, you'll get it someday with practice I'm sure :) good luck with that endeavor Martha.

The last part of which, I unfortunately did end up doing to a degree in this comment, but I scrapped the second half with my retaliatory attacks and insults, because it is simply not worth it to me, the BL community is so much more than me, and Xork is absolutely correct about kindness and everything else, so I am trying to be kind, despite the unwarranted actual unkindness and also unwarranted and unnecessary personal attacks inflicted upon me. I wish only to help others here and connect as well, I'm not here for childish bickering or verbal abuse to or from anyone, nor do such things interest me. Anyone with those personal interests can enjoy those pastimes in their own company. I've never had too much difficulty in maintaining peace despite ill feelings for particular individuals. It's all about what's important. And that's the community/site as a whole.

Last edited:
Well maybe it was a bit intense, but it's actually true that "SWIM/my frog/my dog/etc" stuff is not allowed on Bluelight. Because it's true that it doesn't do anything to protect you at all. I know it's commonplace or even required elsewhere. But here it's not how we roll. Because reading a forum full of third person/"pet <insert animal here>" or (much much worse) SWIM/SWIY bullshit is fatiguing and annoying. And I would argue that your response is at least as hateful (in fact I think if you re-read it with an impartial eye, there isn't really any spite involved at all nor any personal attack to you, so much as a sense of impersonal annoyance at the SWIM shit - all the "not me" stuff boils down to SWIM)... so please be kind, even in the face of perceived unkindness. If we all did that, shit would be better in the world, no?

But yeah, I'm gonna see the eclipse tomorrow too... not gonna trip though as I did so today and I am taking a couple hours off work and then going back to work. Ah if only I had thought ahead and asked off before everyone else did... I'd be camping tonight right in the path and having a blast.

Noopept combines fine with LSD, I think if anything is probably keeps you more grounded in the moment. I would avoid 5-HTP as I find it can make me a bit tired. LSD mimics serotonin since it is an agonist at the serotonin receptors (and others), so having more serotonin makes no difference in its effects.

Xork, I'm hoping you might be of assistance in defusing this situation cuz I'm bout to blow but really don't want to make mistakes I'm gonna regret.....Though I suppose I'm not sure really what I think you could do for us here now that I think about it. Like I said, I'm just trying very hard because I do actually love this community and I don't want to harm it or my being part of it either. I love BL as have for many years, so.....it matters to me that I don't blow up on him cuz this place matters so much to me. In fact, my post most previous to this was somewhat retaliatory in personal attacks, which I hadn't made up until then, so I will be deleting it. I very much wish to keep the peace.....even if not for this person. For BL- the amazing and the.....not so much- alike.....this community is one. And doing my best to ensure that.

Whatever you can do here is greatly appreciated man. My attack comment that I mentioned is gone, so doing my part.

Thanks man.
Edit again lol.....I erased my worst negativities, they were in my most previous comment to this, but simply rewrote the second half that they were contained in. I think situation is in much better shape, I'm done with it so hopefully it is resolved. You can take a look at my comment I've mentioned just to be sure, but I think I've cleaned things up decently, hopefully. Pretty sure all is well. Really appreciate your voice of reason in this, your comment was absolutely accurate and correct in your observations and opinions, and very good point in your interpretation (correct interpretation in fact) as to my bit intense comment not being directed as attack to him, but simply annoyance of an idea, and I even started off admitting you were right about my bit intense tone in doing so etc. Definitely a more than fair judgement of the whole exchange I think. Thanks man, let me know if anything else I can do, and I'll work to avoid these situations that can be turned into negative exchanges in the future but seems unlikely to happen with most people here anyway, especially how great you and Cudi have shown BLers can be at cool, calm, mature, logical and great at temper diffusing haha.

-PA

Last edited:
Fellas, it's not that serious. Ask yourself why you're shaking with anger over a comment made on an internet forum. Too much hate in this world right now, let's not make the issue worse. Peace and love, we're only on a rock floating through space and we'll all be dead eventually. Does that cheer anyone up? :)

Fellas, it's not that serious. Ask yourself why you're shaking with anger over a comment made on an internet forum. Too much hate in this world right now, let's not make the issue worse. Peace and love, we're only on a rock floating through space and we'll all be dead eventually. Does that cheer anyone up? :)
Right on Cudi, you are so right sir, and I couldn't agree more about the world- both you and Xork hit the target, and I appreciate both of your guy's words here. Lol took me a minute and a few comment edits to chill and remove my posted negativity, still bothers me the uncalled for unwarranted personal attacks this person attacked me with......but shit's just not worth creating additional negativity within the community, and I'm certainly not gonna be the one to do it. Others can do what they want. I appreciate your additional peace keeping mentality and gesture Cudi, sometimes that reminder is nice and chill people bein chill offering chill vibes is all that's needed sometimes. Keep on keepin on brotha.

-PA

Last edited:
Just wanted to offer a sincere apology to BL community as a whole for the unneeded negativity that may have had effect on any of you due to the stupid exchange within this thread between myself and whomever that other party is. I certainly didn't intend for it, and came a bit surprising to me, but it happened and I was an involved party, so I do own some responsibility, to which I can admit and for which I apologize to you all. Even though I haven't been asked, I feel obligated to man up and offer these words, for this really is not the kind of place for such inappropriate negativity to be displayed and negative emotions/vibes spread, and I wouldn't find it tasteful either. Thank you all for being so understanding, and for being so well equipped and skilled to so efficiently diffuse and mellow me- seriously guys. I promise to pass this kindness on. Peace and happiness, and may we all hopefully find it- or at least some of it :)

-PA

Just wanted to offer a sincere apology to BL community as a whole for the unneeded negativity that may have had effect on any of you due to the stupid exchange within this thread between myself and whomever that other party is. I certainly didn't intend for it, and came a bit surprising to me, but it happened and I was an involved party, so I do own some responsibility, to which I can admit and for which I apologize to you all. Even though I haven't been asked, I feel obligated to man up and offer these words, for this really is not the kind of place for such inappropriate negativity to be displayed and negative emotions/vibes spread, and I wouldn't find it tasteful either. Thank you all for being so understanding, and for being so well equipped and skilled to so efficiently diffuse and mellow me- seriously guys. I promise to pass this kindness on. Peace and happiness, and may we all hopefully find it- or at least some of it :)

-PA

Well it takes a real man to apologise and admit his shortfalls :) so kudos to you

No worries man, for the record I don't think you did anything wrong at any point. I would hope everyone involved in this thread will be able to see that. :) We're all human and sometimes shit gets under our skin for whatever reason. I'm going to avoid pointing fingers but the thread speaks for itself thus far in who it was who was throwing the negativity around.

Now, the best thing to do is move on and address the original post. Eclipse day, yeah. %) Gotta wear them dark glasses until the totality hits, then you can take them off but be careful not to look too long because when the sun cracks back out it can cause eye damage quite quickly. Those choosing to trip, take extra care since your reaction times and functional reasoning skills may be down a bit.

Definitely agreed about tripper beware, pupils are generally less reactive under such circumstances too I believe. Definitely risk of much harm. Hope you're all having a good time and getting good views. Lucky me having slept through it hahaha ugh....

-PA

Well I ended up taking a half hit of AL-LAD and a quarter hit of ETH-LAD. Ended up in the absolute perfect viewing location. Gotta say it was really crazy what happened to light, I'll probably never see light look like that again. It was really quite a curiously profound thing to experience the eclipse. :)

Well I ended up taking a half hit of AL-LAD and a quarter hit of ETH-LAD. Ended up in the absolute perfect viewing location. Gotta say it was really crazy what happened to light, I'll probably never see light look like that again. It was really quite a curiously profound thing to experience the eclipse. :)
Finally took more than two hits of eth without barfing a couple days ago, truly beautiful and was completely engulfed in electric-like visuals, but my friend who took two got stuck in a major time loop thinking we had been tripping all night and had to be home when in fact we'd only been out for two hours. He kept stopping mid step and saying how he thought it was a big trick being played an nobody else was tripping and he'd say 'dom' where the fuck I am right now'. We were in his small neighborhood he's lived at his whole life. Crazy stuff

To get back on the topic though, I'm in Florida so I wasn't in the direct path and didn't really see the moon in front of the sun, but for an hour or two the lighting outside took on a dull sepia tone. Pretty cool stuff

For as long as I've been alive (and aware of such things) - every single total-solar-eclipse (they happen quite frequently, I mean - relatively frequently - if you take a global view on them) - is accompanied by a huge eclipse-festival (think big rave party).

If you're into LSD and interesting people and that, there are people that chase these parties around the world. And so regularly get to experience total solar eclipses, psychedelics and dance-parties ;)