View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd confidence booster

Mixedberries

Greenlighter
Does any one else feel fearless or more confident while on lsd? I've noticed the past few times I've been pretty social and confident in meeting new people while tripping. While sober I'm quite shy and not the most confident person, but while tripping I feel like I could approach any sexy girl I see and know exactly what to say. The only hard part is trying act somewhat sober, I'll laugh at something that isn't even funny and I'll tend to change the topic of discussion alot. I've only noticed this confidence booster while on 1 and a half or 2 tabs, half a tab instead I just feel Hella high but no confidence booster. Does anyone else experience becoming more social on lsd? I know it isn't very common with psychedelics but I can't be the only one.

Inhibition is lowered, so combined with euphoria, sure.

LSD has a stimulant effect on the central nervous system, which frequently leads to increased confidence. What you describe is actually very common in my experience. Pupnik's points also apply.

Sure, LSD can sometimes turn me into a self-centered megalomaniac. Well, kind of anyway. :)

To me it mostly happens on microdoses and not consistently. Set&setting has way more impact than dose as well

It's the same with me mate like feel much more comfortable around people and can engage easier and heck even lead the conversation that I did'nt even start. I credit acid with a lot of the more positive changed attitude in my everday sober life and confidence is one but I'm still shy as fuck when it comes to some things such as women and that. I am reserved and shy but once I develop an inter personal relationship with someone then I gradually start opening up.

Yeah LSD is a huge confidence booster, but it's all in your head.
I've been very comfortable doing some confidence-requiring things on acid that I would have had a lot harder time putting my head into and not resisting while sober.

i get more confident on dissociatives. like "Shoot me mofucka, feed me bulllets hoe call me killa bitch BEEOTCH i'm on top of earth!!!"

It's situational for me. In general I feel confident on LSD, but in some cases I haven't. In general, a higher dose will make me feel less capable of socializing. Most of the time on lower-dose trips, I feel very comfortable socializing with random people, but sometimes I don't.

It's situational for me. In general I feel confident on LSD, but in some cases I haven't. In general, a higher dose will make me feel less capable of socializing. Most of the time on lower-dose trips, I feel very comfortable socializing with random people, but sometimes I don't.

Yeah, same for me. It really is situational - The most ego boost is from high doses, but then I'm not sociable, and it's not a rule of thumb that it will affect me like that, but it sure can.

First time I did acid I was very confident my friend said to me "I've never seen you this confident and social before"...........Maybe part of the reason I started to abuse it. So be careful to not abuse it. Although it has had a long lasting impact on my life, helped me understand things more and increased brain activity it has NOW permanently increased my confidence. Not as you describe I don't think. The first time I did it hardly made an impact on my permanent confidence, but doing it over the last 8 years almost now on and off with healthy breaks in between has definitely helped increase my confidence. I know tobacco is bad for you, but I've been a smoker and now use an e-cig a year longer than I've been tripping acid, and I feel nicotine helps my confidence. I definitely think my social drugs like nicotine, alcohol and caffeine, along with my "better understanding of reality" drugs like LSD, shrooms, weed, etc... the combination has made me more confident in my ability to socialize. But definitely don't recommend abusing any drug. But in moderation, they've changed my from very very introverted to an extrovert now. It's about finding a balance man though because nothing is good if abused, but all drugs are medicine in some way or another, and I've helped medicate my shyness with all drugs I've ever done through different techniques and am no longer shy as a result.

Personally I love LSD and makes me way more confident then usual. It also allows me to think faster and more creatively so it really makes my wit shine. I can discuss complex things such as politics and with my parents as well. LSD makes me realize how much I love my ability to think critically and how fast i can actively think about topics... this means i usually enjoy social interactions on LSD. I do not find it to be mentally impairing at all though.