• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

LSD as Therapy? Write about It, Get Barred from US

xtiml said:
was a book published when i was a teen in late 60's early 70's american publisher so that lets you know a little about this place now. by the way, his parents miraculously returned from aushwitz becuase they escaped the typhus epidemic. I suggest you browse holocaust myth ands see the scientific on site with pictures analyisis of this event. best regards

Yeah... the USA is one of the scariest places to live today.

Sure... the middle east may be more violent and you run a greater risk of getting blown up...

But at least your own government isn't the one attacking you.

DPA Objects to Travel Law Punishing Past Drug Use
Thursday, May 17, 2007

DPA's core principle that people should not be punished for what they put into their own bodies absent harm to others has inspired us to get involved in the case of Andrew Feldmar, a Canadian psychologist.

Feldmar has been coming to the U.S. from Vancouver for years to visit his children, both of whom live in American cities. But the last time he tried to cross the border, a guard pulled him aside and searched for his name on the internet. This turned up a journal article Feldmar wrote about his use of LSD in Canada and the U.K. almost 40 years ago.

U.S. government officials have said that because Feldmar admitted drug use, he will never be allowed in the U.S. again unless he obtains an expensive special waiver in which he certifies that he has been rehabilitated.

Speaking to The New York Times, Feldmar asked, “Rehabilitated from what?”

A government spokesperson has pointed to increased security in a post-9/11 world as a reason for using internet searches to unearth information on would-be travelers. The government has not, however, established any link between admitted past drug use and terrorism.

Current federal law allows immigration and customs officials to bar entry to anyone who has ever used an illegal drug. If fully enforced, the law would bar millions of people around the world from visiting the U.S., including David Cameron (head of the British Tory party), former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell, the current Premieres of Quebec and Ontario, actors Colin Farrell and Pierce Brosnan, British billionaire Richard Branson (Virgin Air) and, of course, numerous musicians like Paul McCartney, Keith Richards and George Michael.

DPA has been alerting the media to Dr. Feldmar's story, with pieces being published in AlterNet and The New York Times. DPA has also begun lobbying Congressional offices to raise awareness of the case in the hopes that this federal policy will be changed.

"100 million Americans have used an illegal drug at some point in their lives, and it's hard to find a Presidential candidate who hasn't smoked pot; yet we're prohibiting people from other countries who have used drugs from visiting our country. It just doesn't make sense." said Bill Piper, DPA's director of national affairs. "Imagine if other countries adopted similar policies. Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Brad Pitt, Sam Donaldson and millions of other Americans wouldn't be able to travel."

Link

motorcyclist said:

But we're still "the best/free-est nation in the world!"
Though... that's quoting my mom.

"I don't have the desire to do anything illegal, so I am free."
While in an ideological sense, she's right, she isn't free to choose to do drugs.
She isn't free to do lots of things.
So I think her sense of freedom is a bit obscured by...
Well... The media?

It's good to know someone's out there fighting this policy.

But they should think - if over 100 million people in the USA have used an illegal substance....
Why are they still illegal?
There's only 300,000,000 people in the USA.
1 in 3 is/has been an illegal drug user?

And the government is still at war with us/them?

33% of the population is at war with the government...
And still... we sit idly by waiting for something to happen.

I don't understand it.

Did you see the bill proposed by the attorney general to allow asset forfeiture and even life inprisonment in cases of copyright violation?

They are setting up the next drug war already :)

Something virtually everyone under 30 has done, check, something people don't feel is morally wrong, check.

Seems like the U.S is slowly morphing into an authoritarian police state.

When people are being judged based on benign actions and ideologies that they have entertained and their rights being denied because of it, there is something invariably wrong.

May this case be a catalyst for the clear light of discriminating wisdom to cut through the darkness of our current dark age of political arrested development.

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Seems like the U.S is slowly morphing into an authoritarian police state.

Slowly?
WTF are you on???

They were doing it slowly for the last 100ish+abit years.

Since Bush got in office it's been full throttle.

And the people ARE STILL BLIND!!!

I'll say this once because I don't believe it. Not even right now.

I give up. The people don't want to be awakened and I'm not going to force them. They'll learn from their slumber soon enough.

There...
I promise to never lie to you again. (Misinform, maybe, but only if it's late, I'm tired, not thinking properly, believe what I'm saying, and don't feel like fact checking. :p)

this is really worried me.. i have 2 counts of trafficking one of mdma and one of coke, im 18 and can honestly say im reformed and will not ever be selling again as well prison is not somewher ei want to be for the rest of my life, do i have no chance of getting into US or Canada? (im australian)

on_the_rise_5 said:
this is really worried me.. i have 2 counts of trafficking one of mdma and one of coke, im 18 and can honestly say im reformed and will not ever be selling again as well prison is not somewher ei want to be for the rest of my life, do i have no chance of getting into US or Canada? (im australian)

I'd hold out for these things to become legal.

If it doesn't happen, we'll be entering into a world war in the next few years and travel will be the least of your problems (as your government will be willing to ship you anywhere you want to go. With a gun.)

Do Australians need visas? I thought Aus was a visa waiver member with the US?

This is not standard operating prochedure, just a anal customs agent that decided to google. Unless googling your name shows your convictions, or they have some reason to really detain you and investigate to the point of contacting the Aussie government how would the US find out?

This actually reminds me. When I read the part saying it is 500x better than zoloft, I remembered this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LYDoO_4WTSs The parody of the Zoloft commercial. Sorry if this is innappropiate. It's alot of misinformation, but I still found it funny.

garuda said:
Do Australians need visas? I thought Aus was a visa waiver member with the US?

This is not standard operating prochedure, just a anal customs agent that decided to google. Unless googling your name shows your convictions, or they have some reason to really detain you and investigate to the point of contacting the Aussie government how would the US find out?

No dont need a visa however a criminal conviction changes that.. on the entry pass you need to fill out declaration about criminal convictions and america and few other places have pretty tough entry laws if you have drug offences, didnt realise was that insane though like 3500 just for waiver, thought it was just apply they see your not going to cause problems and your in..

9mmCensor said:
last time i checked using drugs wasn't illegal(unless DUI,ect).

Exactly, hasn't it always been the case that possession is the crime, not admitting to past use? I mean, plenty of celebrities have admitted to past drug use, I don't see calls for them to be exiled. They have zero justification for barring him from the country apart from their ignorance and stupidity. It just annoys me greatly that people this stupid are in positions of power.

This is despicable. Think about it, if everyone on this board who ever posted a trip report or spoke about "drug" use used their real name, they could be barred from entering the U.S. and the people who live there could be arrested.

Personally, I will never take an international flight that has a stop over in the U.S. and I never want to go there again. It's unfortunate because when traveling internationally, I have met so many great and kind people from the U.S. (I'm sure this board is filled with them) and its a shame they often are judged by the actions of their hopelessly corrupt government...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we don't have freedom over our own consciousness and minds, how can we possibly be truly free???

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than
those who falsely believe they are free."
-Goethe

Most people can't even see the prison bars...

chippedamericadees.jpg

on_the_rise_5 said:
No dont need a visa however a criminal conviction changes that.. on the entry pass you need to fill out declaration about criminal convictions and america and few other places have pretty tough entry laws if you have drug offences, didnt realise was that insane though like 3500 just for waiver, thought it was just apply they see your not going to cause problems and your in..

Apologies but I thought visa waiver meant there was no application needed, you just buy the ticket board the plane and when you land you get the customs agent to give you a stamp good for 30 days.

If by form you mean the stupid customs form they pass out on the plane, well I am not your lawyer but if I was in that position I'd lie.