• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and ego death

Perhaps the answer to the conundrum - if we disregard the people who claim an ego death because they think their trip report isn't dramatic enough without it - is an old Aldous Huxley remark - "The drug seems to do for each person what the person needs".

Thats were.... uhmmm well I dosed half of one of my new 200's at aroun 4:30 -- me and my friend were having visuals and some time effects as well as a wholly intense mindfuck. THIS was unnerving, because I only recently, on a different set of 200 blotters, took three, and had the hardest LSD trip I'd had to date. There were moments looking back, not realizing what all that moisture on my cheeks was--I was crying, tears rolling down my eyes at the beauty I was seeing.
Ok, but so those same "200" mic blotters were not producing visuals with people with one hit. Hence... why am I seeing so much with one hit, how is it the girl I split the hit with is tripping even HARDER than me.....

Well assuredly the old tabs were significantly underpowered, or these things were the heroes Dose, only one way to find out.... sooooo I'm still trippin a bit but definitely on my comedown and I go ahead and eat two.
STILL no real taste; certainly not the metallic bitter of those disgusting phenylthylamine blotters shattering people's reality. But this is surely strong blotter, not a taste, but damnit if it isn't nearly a tingle on my tongue. The come up was harder than anything yet, didn't think i COULD have gotten so much more intense while coming down, it was like being strapped down as we headed for orbit. The visuals were taking over everything, harder til I killed the lights and put my music with the fractal vizualizer and was able to make out some individual streams still over the next.. maybe 30 minutes; then i could tell the acid had just done what it wanted with what I was seeing.... there was a beautiful symetry, to these circles traversing lines of light glowing, flickering. This was the smoothest, easiest, most relaxed ego loss of my life as yet. It was like the threads of infinity began to unwind, galactic arms opening to welcome me home. Most of it I've blocked out.... somehow I still retain a sense of time outside the eg but only i nflashes...impressions that feel like incredibly long, year+ spans of time in some of these flashes. My buddy woke up to find me facedown on the keyboard eyes wide open and totally unresponsive. I came back to coherence at least 4 hrs later, and it was another hour and a half after that before I was able to properly get words out again.... I know ego loss.

Does that seem a LITTLE heavy for 400??

400ug of LSD is actually quite a high dose, doesn't sound off at all. Usually blotters even from darknet are dramatically overstated in their dosages (someone posted a bunch of lab results in a thread recently, for example someone was selling 250ug blotters which tested at I think 80ug). Of course if a half of one has you tripping pretty hard, maybe you got lucky and actually got blotters that strong or nearly that strong.

Awesome thanks for your insight. I'd never gone that heavily on LSD AND YES I had it confirmed that they are 200's, good kaleidoskopes off one blogger. I suppose perhaps some of it reminds of my first jumps in the realm of deemster; very hard to remember the initial impressions I'd absorbed outside. But by my third step over the veil(unless I went over 67)I could generally recall most of the finer details I could render into words.
Nothing, has ever been so beautifully comfortable as this loss, it was like being beckoned home. Never has letting go been such a peaceful, loving event. No fear reverberating through any fiber of my being, nothing but a content eternity

400ug of LSD is actually quite a high dose, doesn't sound off at all. Usually blotters even from darknet are dramatically overstated in their dosages (someone posted a bunch of lab results in a thread recently, for example someone was selling 250ug blotters which tested at I think 80ug).

You could be cruising for a bruising if you take that as gospel tho, I got some 175 mic blotters and assumed "oh they'll be about 100 like always". So I took about 4 and then took another 2 just to be on the safe side. Turns out they were 175 and I'd gone from 400 to over 1000mics in one go. Not the most pleasant trip I've ever had.

with any new batch i try only one... sucks to wait a couple weeks, till you dose again. But this way, you can correctly guess a proper dose..

Ego death seems like a loaded term to me. Ego dying seems more accurate to me from my own experience, but whatever, I'm saying my ego never died, so can't comment on whether it is true or not. The depth to which these structures go is unfathomable. A release of just a little of that energy can completely transform perception.The contrast between what is ego and what is beyond ego seems to always guide me in the right direction when I ask the question with sincerity. A layer dies, a new reality opens. Rinse and repeat. The finality of this process, what I assume is a real ego death, I can't even conceive of what that really means.

Ego death seems like a loaded term to me. Ego dying seems more accurate to me from my own experience, but whatever, I'm saying my ego never died, so can't comment on whether it is true or not. The depth to which these structures go is unfathomable. A release of just a little of that energy can completely transform perception.The contrast between what is ego and what is beyond ego seems to always guide me in the right direction when I ask the question with sincerity. A layer dies, a new reality opens. Rinse and repeat. The finality of this process, what I assume is a real ego death, I can't even conceive of what that really means.

Like the birth of a new born baby. There are no definitions, labels or concepts.. your the core, new & unblemished... each day after your birth layers labels concepts definition make up your reality... all this information is added Like the layers o pond an onion... ego death or loss is the peeling away of all of that... then you come back with a newer realization or not...

It's quite clear when it happens, i usually close my eyes and see my self image disintegrate over & over, a common one is watching the flesh decay off my skeleton then that disappears too leaving an ineffible gloriousness in its wake, when it happens you'll know about it!

What i find funny is the difference between ego death & having a usual trip is simply eyes open or closed, never had ego death with eyes open

I did a ton of research on ego deaths before I started taking serious psychedelic doses and had a very grand and cinematic idea of what it must be like. When I actually had an ego death, I almost missed it. Basically, "you" as in the person who you believe is reading this right now does not exist and is instead an illusion created by your thoughts. It seems so radical when you first read it but when it actually happens itll be so simple you cant help but laugh.

Basically its impossible to describe; like the Matrix, you have to see it for yourself

It is radical; it's unlike anything in this world. How can perception open up to almost impossible proportions?

Psychedelics have been used for thousands of years, namely the Earth-grown ones like psilocybin, dmt and mescaline. For it to have been passed down this long and still be going strong says a lot of things by itself. Not to mention zero or near zero recorded deaths from these classics. But I think it's part of the human experience for some to want to experience these higher states of consciousness, which seems to be especially prevalent for the natives.

I think an ego loss doesn't account for whether our eyes are open or closed, yes? Or maybe it really is very different from person to person. Idk. But that's how I was able to find out I became a vegetable; I was laying down and could not get up for a couple hours, no matter what. I could only use my eyes and see through the psych lens, with reality way in the background.

Thats were.... uhmmm well I dosed half of one of my new 200's at aroun 4:30 -- me and my friend were having visuals and some time effects as well as a wholly intense mindfuck. THIS was unnerving, because I only recently, on a different set of 200 blotters, took three, and had the hardest LSD trip I'd had to date. There were moments looking back, not realizing what all that moisture on my cheeks was--I was crying, tears rolling down my eyes at the beauty I was seeing.
Ok, but so those same "200" mic blotters were not producing visuals with people with one hit. Hence... why am I seeing so much with one hit, how is it the girl I split the hit with is tripping even HARDER than me.....

Well assuredly the old tabs were significantly underpowered, or these things were the heroes Dose, only one way to find out.... sooooo I'm still trippin a bit but definitely on my comedown and I go ahead and eat two.
STILL no real taste; certainly not the metallic bitter of those disgusting phenylthylamine blotters shattering people's reality. But this is surely strong blotter, not a taste, but damnit if it isn't nearly a tingle on my tongue. The come up was harder than anything yet, didn't think i COULD have gotten so much more intense while coming down, it was like being strapped down as we headed for orbit. The visuals were taking over everything, harder til I killed the lights and put my music with the fractal vizualizer and was able to make out some individual streams still over the next.. maybe 30 minutes; then i could tell the acid had just done what it wanted with what I was seeing.... there was a beautiful symetry, to these circles traversing lines of light glowing, flickering. This was the smoothest, easiest, most relaxed ego loss of my life as yet. It was like the threads of infinity began to unwind, galactic arms opening to welcome me home. Most of it I've blocked out.... somehow I still retain a sense of time outside the eg but only i nflashes...impressions that feel like incredibly long, year+ spans of time in some of these flashes. My buddy woke up to find me facedown on the keyboard eyes wide open and totally unresponsive. I came back to coherence at least 4 hrs later, and it was another hour and a half after that before I was able to properly get words out again.... I know ego loss.

Does that seem a LITTLE heavy for 400??
Omg same thing happened to me the night of my first ego loss experience. My eyes were open but I was unresponsive and on another plane. I remember it being black and I dwidnt have a body. Just floating around om that higher plane thinking

I wrote this thread a long time ago. Im happy to see such a detailed discussion and everyone's opinions. Good insight