• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD[~500ug] - Second time - We survived !

hironakamura

Greenlighter
(first of all, sorry about my english, it is not my native language. i hope everything will be understandable)

This is a story about me and my friend ingesting LSD on a saturday evening, and surviving the worst that could have happened. Full story:

It was saturday(18.5), and there was a special evening in our city, where all museums were opened, and everyone could enter for free throughout the evening, until 12 PM. Me and my friends A and P planned to drop some LSD blotters, so the evening would have an extra spice to it. We went to a forest near where i live, dropped the blotters (i dropped 2, A dropped 2 and a half, and P dropped 1 since it was his first time. The blotters were suspected to have ~250ug in them), smoked some cigs and enjoyed the warm weather. This was at 17:00. I'll just skip to when the effects kicked in.

At about 18:00, we all noticed the trees moving, the clouds changing, and many other things. This was my and A's second time eating LSD, so we kinda knew what to expect, but this was really intense, like, a lot. When i looked at my hand, not only i saw it all waving and changing colors (thanks to the LSD), i also noticed it was shaking as hell in real life. Shaking to the extend i could not fire my own cigarette. I was not scared about fact, we all we're just laughing.

At 18:30 we decided we'll head into town, get something to eat, and start the museum tour. The effects were getting more and more intense every second and i noticed i started to have some kind of physical craving, like something that couldn't be fulfilled. It was wierd, and not only i felt weirder every second, i also started to have problems talking. Like, by this time, it took me 30 seconds to create a sentence that made sense. We were heading to a meeting with few other friends, but i kept forgetting this, and kept asking my friends where are we going.

It was 19:00, when we were sitting infront of my friend's house. From this place, my memory is corrupted, so i'll just write those shards i remember. First, i remember i needed to pee, so i went, but after i came back i kept checking if i didn't pee myself (sometimes when i'm stoned i have a feeling like i pissed myself, so i thought this was it). Next thing i remember, was that i started to have like full-on, realistic hallucinations. I've seen people walking around us, trees changing into various objects, and i was extremely scared by all this, i don't even know why. This was only about 2 hours into the trip, and i knew the peak was still on it's way. I tried to say this sentence to my friends: "I wonder how is this trip gonna effect my normal life, my mother and such." (at this point, i definitely knew something was wrong, and that this is not gonna end well.) It took me like 2 minutes before i said the sentence, receiving worried looks from my friends. After this, i only remember one last thing, and that was my friend P calling someone to come and help (i had no idea what was he talking about).. Then i remember the friend who was called came, and was looking at me, and that is everything i remember from that evening.

I woke up at 18:00, at sunday 19.5, in a local hospital. I was tied to bed, and when i tried to move, a brief pain passed through my body so i stopped, opened my eyes, and was looking at my mum and the doctors around me. They asked me if i knew where, and when i was, i said no, and was surprised after hearing that i was put in artificial sleep for more than 20 hours. I was told i had some kind of seizure, that my heart stopped and had to be kickstarted back on. I was laying at "Anesthesiology and Resuscitation", and beside me was my friend A, still in the artificial sleep. I asked if the same thing happened to him, and they told me that this is an coincidence, that he was hit by a bus and transported here about 5 hours after me. I was put on those machines that were breathing for me, because i wasn't able to myself, and my friend A isn't still. They released me yesterday, after some basic psychyatric tests (who's the president?, 7x7?), and i am now home, resting.

My friend is still at ARO in hospital, and i'm going to visit him tomorrow, i hope he is gonna be ok. As i said, he was hit by a bus, and i think i heard the doctors say that he will need some operations in his face, and maybe in his lungs.

Now, this is what my friend P told me.

As we were sitting infront of my friends house (19:00), according to him i started panicking, being paranoid as hell, talking about how this is gonna end and so on.. I started to clench my teeth real hard, i was shaking myself, vomiting stomach juices, and that i became all green. At this point, he was calling the friend i was talking about. Next, i reportedly started to walk in the road, and as P and the other friend tried to pull me back, i was still walking into the road, pulling them both with great force (they are 65 and 85kg, i am 70 and yet i was stronger than both of them). They pulled me back to the walkway, and sat me down. I started to fall to the ground, and had some kind of seizure, P says it looked almost epileptic. When this was happening, my friend A was sitting next to me. Under the influence of the drug, he didn't notice any of this !! But when he heard the siren, he ran away. P later called him, and they all agreed they will go to the hospital to see me. When P arrived to the hospital, they didn't let them in, it was said to them that i was sleeping, and that i couldn't breathe myself, and they were asked to come back tomorrow. A wasn't there, and he wasn't responding to P's calls either, but he responded later at around 23:00. P says he heard A say in normal, calm voice: "i think i lost my mind", and then the phone hung up. At that time, A was with another friend, who later said A went crazy, they fought, and A then ran away and jumped infront of a bus.

This happened 3 days ago, and i am now resting, my whole body is aching and i feel a little dizzy. A is still in the hospital, and i am praying for the best. The police wasn't yet involved in this, and i hope it won't end badly for us. Please, wish me best. :(

500ugs is a very large dose for second timers. I'm terribly sorry you had this experience. If it was the batch of Sunshines going around, I'm not surprised.

You guys will hopefully recover and be fine, and will have learned a very valuable experience about the potential power of the psychedelic experience I suppose. I too almost wandered onto a road one night, on a significantly smaller dose than 500ugs, but managed to get a grip on myself.

All the best <3

I know you probably don't want to hear a post like this, but please don't be offended. It should be obvious now that what you ingested was not LSD, more likely an nBOME and probably 25I.

^ That is not necessarily true at all. If they all actually ate the doses they think they did, which is possible, it's perfectly reasonable to hear that inexperienced users had extreme panic attacks.

I'm not saying it was definitely LSD, but you simply cannot speculate that it was obviously not LSD.

Actually, i love to hear a post like this. The blotters tasted a little bitter, and i (idiot) ignored it, thinking its the ink or just the paper-taste. I was thinking about it, and i am now pretty sure it wasn't LSD. As i don't know what an nBOME or 25I is, would you be so kind and describe those, or perhaps other possibilities of what could have been on those blotters. Thanks

Also, what would start such a big panic attack in the first place? My heart stopped, and they had to tear my shirt apart so they could perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation on me.

Last edited:
25I-NBOME is a research chemical in the phenethylamine category (same category as 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-P, 2-C-T-2, 2-C-T-7, etc) that just started to become popular after the USA and other countries banned the more common 2C-X's listed above. Had the more popular 2C-X's not been banned in the first place, these NBOME chemicals most likely would not be going around as rampant as they are now. It is very common nowadays for someone selling you "LSD" to actually giving you an NBOME chemical or some DOx chemical. NBOME chemicals are active in the microgram range just like LSD, making them able to fit onto blotter paper. DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM are very potent RC'S as well and they are active in the 1-2 milligram range. Glad to hear you are okay, quite a few people have died in the past year from the use, or I should say misuse of NBOME chemicals.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome.shtml

Thank you for the info. Is it common for 25I-NBOMEs to cause pannic attack to unexperienced users?
I am okay, my friend however is still put in sleep in the hospital, where he needs to have some surgeries in his face, and his lungs. He will, however, be ok too.

This following is copy and pasted from the negative effects section of the 25-I-NBOME vault at erowid.org
"looping, recursive, out of control thinking.. paranoia, fear, and panic.. unwanted and overwhelming feelings." Seeing as these are some of the negative side effects of the drug, I don't see why it couldn't cause panic attacks, even in experienced users. Glad to hear you are okay and your friend will be too. Others haven't been as lucky as you guys, but then again almost everyone who dies from taking this seems to be taking unknown amounts of this drug. An example would be most of these teenagers who snort a cocaine sized line of this chemical, that will almost certainly kill you.

There seems to be a common theme with 25I overdoses that involve seizures and cardiac and respiratory problems. LSD at high doses will cause anxiety and other mental problems but rarely anything more than this. These effects are also not linear, meaning one tab is like a normal strong LSD experience where as a second causes seizures. This just doesn't happen even in heroic doses of LSD. Historically people taking thump prints for instance would need to be protected from themselves, but I have never heard of any physical effects from even thousands of micrograms of LSD. Obviously this is always going to be speculation until the tab in question is professionally analysed but I think we live in a time where we can no longer say with certainty a tab is LSD.

I would recommend swallowing all unknown tabs (which these days is perhaps all of them) and not holding them under your tongue, as this would cause 25I to be ineffective. Unless you specifically want a 25I experience.

I want to thank everybody for the useful info, i will now be extra careful about what do i put in my mouth.

I would recommend swallowing all unknown tabs (which these days is perhaps all of them) and not holding them under your tongue, as this would cause 25I to be ineffective. Unless you specifically want a 25I experience.

This little incident unfortunately had some serious impact on me and my friends, so i think i'll stop swallowing anything, at least for now.

Sounds like every 25i overdose I've heard of (when they knew it was 25i).

I was given 25i as LSD once, put 4 in my mouth. Soon as I noticed the bitter taste and numbing tongue effect, I swallowed immediately since it's inactive orally (only sublingual).

A couple hours later I got tiny visuals from what I absorbed before swallowing. Had I not swallowed I'd have been in the hospital for sure. I almost ODed on 3 hits once. I saw my BP spiking hard so I ate all the GABA agonists I had (Valerian root/Niacinamide), and hoped for the best. Couple hours later, I was shaking hard core but fine.

I haven't intentionally touched 25i since, and I warn everyone about it...

The effects were getting more and more intense every second and i noticed i started to have some kind of physical craving, like something that couldn't be fulfilled.
Its funny that you say that because that is the exact feeling I get everytime I have taken 25i. Its like a physical discomfort that comes with this feeling of "there is something I need to do to make myself feel better".

I get the same thing from other phenethylamines, namely 2C-E. I figure if 2C-E could activate receptors as much as an NBOME it would be similarly dangerous. I just know there's gotta be something to the feeling you guys describe, and it only comes from phenethylamines.

wow, thanks for sharing. hope you and your friends will be able to integrate this traumatic experience.

thanks also One Thousand Words and Aetherius Rimor for the advice about swallowing blotters. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Well. Since this accident with 25i, my friend got alot better, i however obtained schizophrenia. nBOMes are not to be played with, and i paid for my stupidity. Please do your research to avoid mistakes like this.

I feel for you man, but not all is lost if you can manage a positive lifestyle. Seeing you're posting now it seems like you're doing better?

p.s It probably was just LSD, OP. Or I don't know. Anyone reading this: test your drugs!!

I know you probably don't want to hear a post like this, but please don't be offended. It should be obvious now that what you ingested was not LSD, more likely an nBOME and probably 25I.
I too believe it could very well have been an nbome. 2 of my friends went to the hospital from 25c-Nbome. Only 1 and 2 hits. They were stuck in loops and one of them would sprint face first into walls. On high doses of lsd ive done and seen some people say and do some strange things. But it seems like nbomes are way more confusing and people seem to get lost more. Another one of my friends had a seizure off 2 hits of 25c.

Yeah well i had to interrupt my high school because i was really out of it.. I've been on Prozac for some time, but am off of it since, and if i subject to healthy lifestyle ( which i mostly dont) i feel much better. Also, same blotters were later tested positive - 25i-nbome. Cheers