Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD/1 hit)+(DXM 600 mgs)+(Nitrous Oxide)+(Cannabis) - Realm of Confusion

peacelovedope

Bluelighter
A few weeks ago, I decided to introduce two of my friends who had never tripped before to some very, very potent LSD that happened to be in my area. We ate one hit each and the our lysergic evening took off like no other. Now, I will always regard LSD as one of the most fantastic, beautiful substances on the face of this planet. I think this voyage marked my tenth time tripping on it, and I must say that all ten times have brought me much closer to this strange thing known as existence. The clarity that comes along with the trip is the most amazing aspect, perfect clarity.

However, I should probably mention that I also decided to ingest 600 mgs of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.

Over the past two years or so, I've used quite a bit of DXM. I would say I've reached the reality shattering fourth plateau twice, and in the rest of my leaps into the dissociative void I have found myself sprawled out on the third plateau, staring into the mirror, wondering just what the fuck was looking back. Due to my large amount of past experience and familiarity with the third plateau, I thought that 600 mgs wouldn't be a big deal combined with the L...

Needless to say, I greatly underestimated the synergistic effect that would ensue from the simultaneous ingestion of these compounds.

When the trip kicked off, I could feel that the insane level of euphoria from the acid come up was being muddled by DXM's initial nausea and slow drift into dissociation. This made me feel a bit uneasy because I knew I wouldn't be in the same place as my friends and therefore unable to fulfill the role of trip guide for their first time. As both substances started to pick up, I knew I was in for something a little different, but tried to maintain a level head...until I inhaled a balloon of nitrous that is.

Welcome to the realm of confusion. Bouncing around wondering how you got here. What happened? What did you do to make everything go this way? Time became meaningless as I drifted into lysergic dissociation that could only be described as pure absurdity.

"Stop robo tripping dumbass."-My brother

Although these words came to my head, I didn't think for one second that I had in any way ruined this trip by adding DXM; however, the sheer intensity definitely caught me off guard. As I mentioned earlier, I was unable to guide my friends through their first LSD experience because I was so lost in the realm of confusion. I felt kind of bad about failing my duty as a trip guide and wished that I would have saved the LSDXM experiment for a separate time when I was tripping alone. As I adjusted, we did some more whip-its and I got caught up in the most mind boggling case of deja vu: "Feels like I've been here before..."(Born Crosseyed, Grateful Dead)

Well, we've all come down a little bit now, hey here's an idea, let's smoke that blunt!!! As we prepared to introduce THC to the mix, I thought of how amazing it was that something as simple as plant matter could alter your state of consciousness. As we were smoking the high grade sativa, it seemed as if I could feel the THC directly entering my bloodstream. Cannabis sativa, flowing through my being; now this is where it gets really interesting.

Back to the room, my field of vision is completely engulfed by swarms of tiny, intricate visuals. Millions of little cells, alive with perfect fluidity exposing the fabric of life to all. I see my hands morph before my far away eyes, my fingers extend, turn into tendrils, fade away, let out more cells that join the rest of the field, and then become flames composed of some otherworldly energy.

The large amount of delta-nine-tetrahydracannabinol put into the bloodstream in such a short period of time is almost too much for my friends to handle ("I have tentacles!", "I'm in a comic book!"), I have truly failed as their guide.

The next couple days, I had some trouble adjusting. I felt as if I had taken something completely pure and innocent, and distorted it to an unholy level. As I sat in deep thought, I came to this realization:

Although we try to see only the beauty in life, it can not be denied that life is a predominantly surreal force. It is possible to find comfort in this strangeness, but first we must truly expose ourselves to it, possibly going as far as to amplify it to levels previously unheard of. If we plunge into strange realities without hesitation, then the realm of confusion becomes a teacher, not a hindrance.

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it.

Although I must say I will probably never attempt the LSDXM combo ever again. Had I gone for DXM polistirex, and not hydrobromide it may have turned out better (I've had success with polistirex + psilocybin) but I like my LSD to be non-muddled. Well and there's the fact that I've developed somewhat of a psychological dependence on DXM. I mean, it's not too severe (I'm far past the stage where I was ingesting high doses 2-3 times a week), but I keep falling back on it (mainly due to its unlimited availability).

So for the next six months: no DXM. Whatsoever. *sigh* If I would've stuck to my original plan to do this starting in November I'd be done by now...

I'm sorry i find that you were a bit selfish to indulge and not be there for your friends. The last thing i would want for my 1st acid trip is my trip sitting doing his own shit and not guiding me through the journey.

Yeah I was also pretty disappointed in myself also. Since 600 mgs of DXM is normally no big deal for me, I thought the same would be true when combined with LSD (huge miscalculation!).

And it's not like I was sitting off in the corner by myself doing whip-its and smoking that blunt, they got their fair share of weed and nitrous too; it's just that I was nowhere near their level mentally.

Over the past two years or so, I've used quite a bit of DXM. I would say I've reached the reality shattering fourth plateau twice, and in the rest of my leaps into the dissociative void I have found myself sprawled out on the third plateau, staring into the mirror, wondering just what the fuck was looking back.

Amazing report. I can identify 100% with the above quote ^

I too, used to use a heavy amount of DXM. I would rarely indulge in amounts under 1.2 - 1.3 grams. It interesting to me how it seems like everyone that takes a dissociative drug/experience to these levels has, ultimately, the same experience. The complete obliteration of self, allowing for the universal (all is one) existence to be perceived.

Also, with DXM exclusively, and not so much other dissociatives, I get that same feeling when I look in the mirror. "What the fuck is this piece of meat sitting here? Thats 'me'? What the fuck is me?"

Haha, anyways, nice report I enjoyed reading it.

:)

Thanks very much to both of you! The first time I hit fourth plateau DXM reality completely shattered for me and I experienced true ego dissolution, prior to that experience I had never taken a dose above 354 mg and I decided to take 1008 to really find out what the whole DXM thing was about. You can learn alot through proper use of dissociatives in my opinion, for one they've given me the ability to consider things from the perspective of others.

For example, sometimes when I'm in a good third plateau I'll start thinking, "I see things from my perspective, every day, but the thing is, I only have one life so this is the only perspective I'll ever experience, and there over 6.7 billion other perspectives that are all in some way completely different!" We tend to think that our life is the center of some play, and that all the other people, and living things are just players and props on our massive stage. But the truth is that we are coexisting with every other living thing on this planet, functioning independently from each other yet in the same sphere of existence. Once we step outside our egocentric nature, anything is possible.