Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSA queries.

Deformed_Neuron

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiyas there,
Now, now... I'm sure this topic has been brought up some-time in the past, but I do have some very specefic questions regarding LSA Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds (Var:- Argyreia Nervosa).

First of all, I live in Melbourne and a mate and I decided we go looking for some "Kava-Kava", in natural root form (not extract), and he knew JUST the place to go.
Well, after a tram-ride from the CBD to Fitzroy, we stumbled across a nice cosy little herb shop down one of the main roads in Fitzroy (I believe it was a private business).

Upon entrance of the shop, you are "attacked" by a myriad of different Herbs and Aphrodesiacs, supplements, incense, concentrates of extracts from plants, some art, a few pipes behind the shelf and a REALLY cool Clerk (I think he's the owner).

Well, this guy seemed pretty knowledgable in terms of Psychedelics and I was almost as surpised as I was, when I heard that LSA (HBW seeds) was legal in Australia (he sold it there), but... he also had on display, for sale a particular type of Cacti (this PARTICULAR type of "Cacti", just so happens to contain certain amounts of Mescaline in it).

Well, for starters... I was dumbfounded that such *sometimes* relatively powerful Psychedelics/Hallucinogens were so legally and easily obtainable. For some, such as myself, this is a VERY GOOD thing mind you. I was just totally shocked and kinda had a subtle feeling, similar to that of winning the lottery.

Anyways... you'd wanna hear... or READ what questions I have for you:-

First of all, I went through all the details and dosages with the clerk at the shop, but I just wanted to be 100% sure about the dosage measure I should take on this particular substance? I don't have much experience with such "entheogens", and for now, I will take the clerk's word for it, but I don't want to eat the seeds without hearing the dosage measurements from another source (I consider Bluelight to be rather informative on such subjects :) )

The clerk said, "Being a first time user 4-5 seeds of this type should be enough get pretty noticable visuals/effects."
He also told me that 10 of these seeds would completely send you on a "wild-trip". Was he exagaratting to sell his product?
Well, that's usually the first question I ask myself when shopping, but this guy seemed really cool and gave us heaps of information regarding other matters.

I know I have vaguely seen a few threads regarding Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, but I wanted to be sure that the information spilled was from an Australian source.

Also, one more thing:- I have done research regarding the experiences from LSA, etc... I just wanted to add, one more question on this... Should I be expecting a full-on "mindblowing" experience from taking 5-6 seeds, or just "above-baseline" effects??
Sorry, but I just wanted to be one hundred percent sure when playing with such tools of the mind. :)

Erowid says the clerk is right :)

Not a substance I'm familiar with personally but have been told stories of taking more seeds than you are ready for will leave you regretting it. Start slow, test the water.

[edit] Phase_Dancers story

Last edited:
4-5 seeds should do the job. However, I wouldn't exceed that for your first time. Some people suffer fairly bad physical reactions to the seeds. If you do feel nauseous don't fight the urge to vomit as you will feel a lot better afterwards. Leg cramps are also common towards the end of the trip. I have found that the nausea and leg cramping were less pronounced the next time I indulged and even less the time after.

Make sure that you grind the seeds well (an electric coffee grinder is good for this) and then chew the little bits before swallowing. They don't taste bad.

I wouldn't bother with any extraction techniques you see on the web unless you have a lot of seeds. This includes the simple water extraction. The nausea is worth it (tho' I can think of a least one girl who would disagree with me on that so I'd better add "IMHO").

Remember set and setting. This is not a trivial drug.

Edit: I see that I made a comment in the "Phase_Dancers story" link. I should clarify that since that post I have had several full blown experiences by chewing and swallowing the seeds.

By the way, it goes really well with MDMA :)

Last edited:
I tried this on the weekend for hte first time and had a most enjoyable time.

We were reccomended not to swallow the seeds so we wrapped about 10 seeds in cloth and chewed them for a bit then left them under our tounges for about 20mins.

Very enjoyable trip, very clean visuals, though not what I would regard as super intense. Would definately do it again.

I was unexpectadly overwhelmed with euphoria the first time i had these. I had 4 seeds and then felt really good, with a bit of philosophy and a lot of MDMA like euphoria, I got very mild visuals, eg change in depth perception and a few flashing lights.
The second time I went for 6 and this although a slight bit stronger didn't work out so well. I ended up getting quite sick and throwing up half of the trip then I couldn't move coz my legs had just completely cramped up, I held my head up and rode the high out, and it finally got better towards the end...
Both times i smoked weed and suprisingly didn't get much to any nausea the first time.

Cheers for the info/replies folks :)

Turned out to be a pretty rad experience.
A mate and I dropped 5 seeds each, chewed them and swallowed basically. He had physical pain to start off with (had just been working out) and his legs cramped up like crazy. Turned out, my mate didn't enjoy the over-all experience.

Well, after munching on those seeds (they actually don't taste THAT bad)... 20 minutes or so later, after a couple of cones, I notice that I am just amazingly sedated and euphoric, eyes felt heavy and was getting mild tracers.

I couldn't believe how kinda not "mind-fucking" it was, but then... I didn't take enough to induce a full-on trip. This was in no way a "trip" in itself, more-so just a mild psychedelic experience.

Everytime I would smoke weed throughout the effects, it would bring back this sudden "glow" and I would feel "nicer" and obviously more sedated.

Next time I think I will go with a couple more seeds all in one hit, on a COMPLETELY empty stomach. All up around 7 seeds should be sufficient for a pretty visual experience I think?? I mean... I did get visuals on the previous (my first) experience, but I kind of had to close my eyes and concentrate on them. Plus, I noticed I had these funny, little abstract cartoonish characters constantly spinning (very mild, nothing too intense... could've just been the imagination.) while I had my eyes closed.

The amazing thing though, the next day I still felt a little "different", but kind of had a sense of "clarity" later on in the afternoon. I couldn't believe how clear-headed I felt the next day and I barely got that much sleep, because I was constantly loading up on the weed.

All-in-all though, I am happy I find myself a new "toy" to play with in my spare time. A "toy" that I will respectfully play with and slowly "test the waters", before dosing too hardcore.

Cool, sounds like you had fun. It would be interesting to hear how your second trip goes.

I gotta find this shop :) i've heard a bit of shit about LSA, i'll probably get some seeds and try extraction of the LSA directly sometime soon :)

be aware that your crossing a legal boundary when u extract the LSA though... yeah i know we do that almost everyday but just be aware of the fact that LSA is itself considered an illegal drug while the seeds aint...

im growing some woodrose at the moment, perhaps if you enjoy LSA you should consider it :) not only do you get free seeds, but its beleived that this is beneficial to the experience :)

:) cool... well... i'll prob extract it anyway... do you guys reckon putting the seeds in a cap would be an ok way of downing it or just chew on the seeds and swallow?

think youve gotta chew or suck the seeds for a while to get enough LSA out to trip. perhaps grinding them up really fine will work, but id either chew or extract it.

Just always be careful, I had 8 and it was too intense for me, both mentally and physically. Though there were some interesting effects, such as the walls bending, me finding I couldn't seem to finish my dinner no matter how much I ate of it and later on crazy patterns flowing before my eyes.

I wouldn't do it again though because the bodily effects were just too harsh in my case, it definitely didn't do good things for my stomach.

Definitely worth trying once or twice though, for those who've yet to experience LSA.:D

Recently acquired 8 HBWR seeds from a certain (to remain un-named) headshop in Northern NSW. I have done a lot of research into LSA from various sources (mostly Erowid, BL and random mentions on the net).

This old thread though hit on a few questions I want answered. LSA trip reports on Erowid tend to be from US and European sources, so I was keen to hear from anyone on BL who has purchased from an Australian supplier.

My intention is to have 4 seeds (a friend will have the other 4). Will take all the hair and covering coat of first, then crush the seeds, soak in water and finally chew the mixture.

Does anyone with experience think 4 will be too much or should I revise to 3?

i believe i had 2 or 3 seeds my first time with my girl (she had the same amount), and she felt a little nauseous, and then promptly fell asleep . . . people dont seem to mention that LSA is actually listed as a sedative, and it makes you tired as hell . . .

that first time was pretty cool, lasted ages, and was pretty much like a light, yet constant and unchanging dose of MDMA . . .

the second time i had a couple of longnecks and 4 seeds, as well as a non-recreational dose of dramamine (so i wouldnt vomit), and everything was fine until my fellow tripper went home and left me alone . . . i got caught in this fucking fucked up memory loop where i thought what i was doing/seeing/experiencing was actually a memory . . . i couldnt sleep for fucking ages, and i completely lost my shit . . . truth be told, thats probably my worst drug experience ever, because i literally didnt know who i was or what i was doing . . .

apparently the memroy loop/loos of ego/loss of shit thing is common with massive doses of speed, but i hate speed so i wouldnt know . . .

id do the seeds again, probably 5 or 6, but without anything else at all ie. no beer, no dramamine . . . ive never read any reports of people experiencing what i did, and while my experiencing wasnt dangerous, it was too fucked up to be fun . . .

so, if i were you, id have 3 or 4 (you sound experienced with drugs, so go 4 i guess), and dont take anything else . . . also, a trip sitter or another friend tripping is a good idea - while theres a massive chance you wont do anything dangerous, it does help having a grounding - plus its fun tripping with other people around . . .

hope i didnt ramble, and that there was some good stuff in there . . .

Interesting. thanks for sharing crow.

Environment, will be having the same dosage with a friend of similar build and drug experience. Will also have another completely sober and straight person with us.

From reading Erowid, I was very much sold on the idea of taking dramamine to aid in the reduction of nausea, but now you have put doubt in my mind.

Definately will be consuming no alcohol, but it is highly likely we wil smoke weed. I am seriously considering using only 3 seeds based upon your report.

by the way the seeds I have are Argyreia Nervosa var. Nervosa 'FNQ'. Research tells me this means they where grown in Far North Qld which has a similar tropical environment to Hawaii

yeah dude, thats the website i get them from - i know exactly what you mean . . .

i reckon it was probably the alcohol that mixed in a pretty fucked way with the LSA, so i think if youre going to have 3 seeds and some dramamine, then you should be safe - you also mentioned you will have a straight person there as well . . . so i think it should be all good . . .

i was quite excited when i stumbled upon them in a fitzroy store as well ;]

i took 5 for my first time and experienced a nice mild-psychedelic trip. love to try a low dose of LSA with a low dose of mushrooms some time.
i had 7 the next time and felt that the experience was rather the same, i did this trip by myself and was a little dissapointed.
i then tried 10 and 12 and the experience was exactly the same, which begged the question of how strong this strain of HBWR seeds was, i haven't really had them since, i'd like to one day perhaps with syrian rue, i'm not sure.

for my first time i ate 10 seeds (from this same fitz shop ;) ) and got nothing but sickness and a heavy stoned feeling, not worth it imo, i would probab;y try them again if it wasn't fopr the nausea