View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSA no visuals

regularowen

Greenlighter
Well I took some LSA 5 hours ago and I'm just getting effects I have a sexual body high feeling right now but nothing psychedelic but it does feel like MDMA to some extent

When I did lsa I had no visuals and a really bad body load. Emotionally I tripped so hard though.

I cant say I ever had visuals from LSA just an altered state of mind and a strangely enjoyable body load what felt like I was an inflating balloon what someone kept letting the air out of then blowing it up over and over again.

The handful of times I tried LSA years ago I remember I basically only got crazy visuals & the most horrible body load I've ever had from any psychedelics, barely any psychedelic headspace, just a euphoric kinda rolly feeling...also felt very toxic, the visuals had a delirious quality to them, every time I did LSA literally the second the trip ended I'd pass out & have a really grimy feeling sleep for like 14 hours, really not a worthwhile substance, if you can't find any psychedelics on the street there's plenty of great ones available on the internet, clearweb too.

When I did LSA everything looked very lucid and dreamy, kind of like being on MDMA or methamphetamine but no visuals whatsoever.
This is pretty common, LSA is not known for it's visuals

Just take more next time. I took 3 or 4 doses of HBWR once and had some crazy ass visuals including kaleidoscopic geometric pattern CEVs, tall gray figures coming out of the ground, lights moving around the room, ect.

Why is it that when everyone talks about morning glory seeds, they refer to them as "LSA" (ergine)? Morning glory seeds are infected with ergot[1] and contain many ergoline alkaloids other than ergine (see note[2]):

chanoclavine-I
chanoclavine-II
rac. chanoclavine-II
agroclavine
festuclavine
dihydrolysergol-I (α-dihydrolysergol)
elymoclavine
lysergol
isolysergol
setoclavine
isosetoclavine
penniclavine
molliclavine
ergine
lysergic acid α-hydroxyethylamide
ergonovine
ergosine

Source: Solanaceae and Convolvulaceae: Secondary Metabolites: Biosynthesis, Chemotaxonomy, Biological and Economics Significance (a Handbook). Eckart Eich. 2008. pp. 241–245.
These pages present tables showing all known ergoline-containing morning glory plants and all known ergolines contained in said plants. This selection can be downloaded here.

NOTE: Many of these alkaloids are found only in trace amounts.

As ergoline alkaloids cause vasoconstriction (even LSD causes vasoconstriction, although not to a high degree),[3] it's obvious to me that at least one of the extraneous alkaloids is responsible for the body load spoken of by above members. Web reports indicate that chemical extractions of morning glory seeds produce significantly less side effects than plain morning glory seeds.[4][5][6] Chao 1972[7] indicates that certain solvents are selective for certain alkaloids in these seeds, evidencing that chemical extractions do accomplish an end product that has a cleaner chemical profile.

1. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/657613-Activity-of-Ergolines-in-Ergot?p=12857227&viewfull=1#post12857227

2. I believe that only ergine or lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide is responsible for the psychedelic effects of morning glory seeds. The differing quantity of LAH between batches of seeds may be one reason for the disparate effects reported of these seeds (other reasons being effectiveness of extracting the active component from the indigestible seeds and whether or not one pukes up the drug before a good amount is absorbed). There's evidence that in some cases LAH appears in great numbers whereas in other cases it appears in low numbers. Additionally, I feel that ergonovine's contribution to the effects of these seeds can be dismissed because of its low numbers present in seeds; and one Peter Webster has criticized chanoclavine, one of the only other major ergoline alkaloids in these seeds and a knowledgeable Shroomery member agrees with him. See the following post of mine for more details on all of this (including references for everything I've just mentioned): http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/657613-Activity-of-Ergolines-in-Ergot?p=13003963#post13003963

3. The Alkaloids: Chemistry and Physiology, vol. VIII. Academic Press Inc. R.H.F. Manske. Chapter 21: The Ergot Alkaloids, pp. 725–783. A. Hofmann & A. Stoll. DOWNLOAD See pages 772-777.

4. I wish u guys would try methanol extracts. Literally no side effects. Just a pure, STRONG LSA experience.

Mar. 21, 2015. LogicaL Chaos. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21440427#21440427

5. LSA the Easy Way All trip No Bodyload.... dmthead420. May 19, 2007.

6. yeah, my buddy did an a/b extraction, worked wonders
felt like a completely different drug

buest, via Shroomery chat. Circa 2012.

7. Chao, Jew-Ming; Ara DerMarderosian. Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian baby wood rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Apr 21, 1973. 62(4):588-91. DOI: 10.1002/jps.2600620409. DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
I've only experimented with morning glory seeds once, and there was a lot to it! The experience was powerful, and did involve geometric patterning, color intensification, and flickering at the periphery of my vision. If you are interested, here is a link to my trip report.