Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Lowered sex drive after LSD use

ShockAndAwe

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

So I dropped acid 3 times in the last few weeks, great experience each time but i'm left with 0 sex drive for the last couple weeks. I have next to no desire to masturbate or have sex, this troubles me as I am young and should be much hornier. Anyone have a similar experience? How long did it take for you to get your drive back?

Thanks

maybe you just feel so satisfied from the acid on a subconcious level, that your body doesnt feel a need for it.

I dunno. I just have a lower drive for drugs after tripping and rolling and figured maybe that relates to it.

It probably won't last don't stress about it bro. As wonderful and romanticized as it sounds, its probably not from being "so satisfied" with LSD that you have no more sexual desires lol. Realistically you probably are a little depleted on dopamine (i think that's the one..) and that's maybe causing it. I ain't no doctor by a long shot though, I just know that a fun trip releases dopamine, and dopamine is related to sex drive.

not to sound like a dick, but that's a gross oversimplification. Granted DA/NE releasers tend to make people horny, but a lot of times they also inhibit performance as they cause vasoconstriction. Also, LSD doesn't release DA, or any other monamines for that matter (that i'm aware of). There are some who think it does cause some 5HT efflux, but I doubt it. All this being said, DA levels will be elevated (specifically in the VTA & nucleus accumbens) when you do something pleasurable, as its involved with reward, but this happens when you eat, do well on a test, enjoy another's company, etc. Even if an LSD trip is extremely pleasurable i highly doubt enough DA would be released to cause a significant deficit or one lasting more than a few hours, if at all.

While it is possible that you were so satisfied from the trip you haven't had much desire in that arena, I would guess that its more related to the general change of focus that can be common post-LSD experience. Its very common for people to become more interested in things like ecology/environmentalism, certain aspects of public policy, finding innovative solutions to problems or barriers in their chosen career path, etc, post-LSD. If you're spending a lot more time thinking about these things, sex is likely to seem less important.

And from my own personal experience, at points in my life i've been way too preoccupied with sex to focus on more important long term goals, and not realized the implications for this until i had taken i psychedelic (albeit not lsd). Hence i reduced the amount of time i spent any given day trying to keep my dick wet. Definitely a positive change.

Also, how old are you? Male or female? and are you taking any medications? these are all factors in sex drive, as well as many more.

I'm aware this is an 11 year old post, but the same thing happens to me and I have no idea why... It'll go on for 3 or 4 days post-lsd

Maybe you're just tired after @Mr. Krinkle ? I wouldn't sweat it.

I don't really sweat it....i bounce back eventually, but yea, it's just weird...i don't think im tired, like i don't feel tired....i really don't know....maybe it's just my brain isn't feeling it because i do know that i don't feel very interested either....i kinda just don't give a shit?

but i'll tell ya what - if i trip again a week later, im definitely highly interested again once it kicks in and it's not too high of a dose

overall, it's just an observation, and im definitely not concerned about it and i still love lsd with all my heart <3🥰