• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low dose methadone to bupe

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
If you take suboxone while on a 5 to 10 mg methadone dose per day will you have a precipitated withdrawal? 2 to 4 mg of bupe is much stronger and more recreational than 10 mg methadone so I'm telling myself it would override the precipitated withdrawal. But that's just my addict mind going against what is known about switching from done to bupe.

Anyone switched fromow dose done to bupe before?

....disclaimer I know this is stupid and i have a good chance to precipitated withdrawal I just want to get high and don't have enough methadone to spare but have lots of bupe. The fact that bupe gets me off so much better than a measly 10 mg of methadone makes me try and rationalize that my opioid receptors won't be angry if indo this.

Yes, you will probably experience surprisingly severe precipitated withdrawal.

Do not attempt this. You need to wait until you are in active methadone withdrawal before starting the bupe.

Yes, you will probably experience surprisingly severe precipitated withdrawal.

Do not attempt this. You need to wait until you are in active methadone withdrawal before starting the bupe.
Bumping thread for others in put that have done this.

I don't even want ti get high I just want to permanently switch to bupe.

Negrogesic: in the event that a small doses of bupe start the precipitated methadone withdrawal at this low dose can I just abort the PWD by taking a big methadone dose and fully saturating my opioid receptors? I've done this with oxycodone while dependent on oxy and switching to bupe too early into wd amd it worked just fine to end the PWD

I've read on these forums that your opioid receptors aren't fully saturated until you go past like 30 mg methadone. This was in the context of ppl asking if they could get high on heroin on low doses of methadone and the consensus was that Yes heroin can break through small doses of methadone well.

Last edited: