• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Low dose LSD to help relieve mild- moderate benzo wd for first 3-4 days???

lyricabuddy

Bluelighter
I took 30mg xanax over about 8 days so on average 4mg/ day. This was a one time thing as I haven't done any benzos in over a year. Tapered down to 2.5 mg at night for the last 3 days so it wont be severe, but for some reason I'm a lot more sensitive to wds than most and I'm really, really not looking forward to this. Wds start the day after tomorrow.

All I know is "low" dose LSD as in 1 good hit makes me feel really chill, and really happy. In the past I've noticed when on LSD it has delayed my acute wd to kratom and phenibut, which I take multiple times daily. Am I crazy or does this not sound like a really fucking good way to make myself feel quite a bit better for the first 3 days of wd, since by day 4 it shouldn't be all too bad anymore since I was only on xanax for just over a week. Granted, I'm not expecting to get a whole lot of sleep, if any for a couple of days, but at least I wont feel like absolute shit in the meantime, right? Am I missing something? I was thinking 1 hit on day 1 of wd, then 1.5, then another 1.5 on day 3.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, this just happens to be because I have a connect for some really good L ATM. I'm not suggesting this is the ideal way to nurse minor-moderate benzo wds but it seems like it should make me feel a lot better and keep me in a positive mindset vs just hating life for 3 days. Any thoughts are much appreciated. I hate to be the guy who doesn't contribute to the forums anymore aha just asks for advice, but I know most you guys are pretty chill and wouldn't mind giving me your words of wisdom. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
A lot of the WD symptoms of benzos are caused by excessive serotonin release and a hyperglutamatergic state, hence the seizures/delirium. LSD will make this so much worse and will send you to ER.

A lot of the WD symptoms of benzos are caused by excessive serotonin release and a hyperglutamatergic state, hence the seizures/delirium. LSD will make this so much worse and will send you to ER.

I think that this is a pretty broad statement, with a strangely specific expected outcome. I don't know why you think LSD is going to cause OP to end up in the hospital. LSD is a relatively safe and non-toxic substance and it's generally agreed upon that almost all of the potentially negative effects brought about by its use are due to the drug's psychological effects; meaning, a person might experience tachycardia for instance, but the tachycardia itself is actually being triggered by axiety induced by the trip itself.

When I open a thread like this, just based upon my own experience with Psychedelics, I want to scream "run for the hills" as undertaking a Psychedelic experience when dealing with rather intense anxiety, depression or what have you, would inevitably lead me into a very bad trip, but I'm also prone to having bad trips anyway.

My opinion is, that if taking the LSD works for you and makes you feel better, I see no reason not to do it. It's non-addictive and safe, so have at it. You know yourself better than I do, but I feel that it's worth saying that you should probably keep your dose pretty low, just to make sure you won't have a difficult experience at a higher dose. Also, please let us know how it worked out for you, including what your approximate dosages were if you don't mind. If this works for you, it could potentially work for others and we're all pretty aware of how miserable and difficult Benzodiazepine withdrawal or any withdrawal for that matter can be.

i think this is a bad idea. you are already in a bad frame of mind being in benzo withdrawal. so itl be easier for you to have a bad trip, and obviously since you are not taking benzos anymore you wouldnt be able to take anything to calm you down. id say wait until after your done withdrawing

Thanks for the replies. 2 things I wanted to clarify: This is not going to be severe wds, just moderately uncomfortable. I was only taking 4 mgs / day for 8 days. If they were severe I wouldn't try this because I would be feeling way too unstable and "vulnerable". I'm gonna feel like shit but ill still be in control.

Second, I'm not trying to "trip" to somehow forget I'm going thru wds. Thats why I'm only taking 1 hit. Every time I've taken one hit even when its high quality L (70+) mics I've never really entered too much of a different headspace where id be liable to loose control. More like being in a really, really good mood. I would say I actually have more emotional control on 2 hits than when I smoke weed. L feels very gentle in low doses. I will be upping the dose on day 2 and day 3 for tolerance reasons. I will definitely keep you posted.

The thought of taking acid when I was Wding from benzos seems like a horrible thought! ... I had been on benzos for years tho not days so I guess it's quite different...

If I was to do it I'd definitely titrate upwards just so I don't accidentally stich myself up with 8hours of hell... also if it was me i'd use mushrooms/psilacetin over lsd coz I find them much less harsh

Just my two pennies..

The thought of taking acid when I was Wding from benzos seems like a horrible thought! ... I had been on benzos for years tho not days so I guess it's quite different...

If I was to do it I'd definitely titrate upwards just so I don't accidentally stich myself up with 8hours of hell... also if it was me i'd use mushrooms/psilacetin over lsd coz I find them much less harsh

Just my two pennies..

Yeah, a little different. Also have you ever just taken one hit? Its more of a mood enhancer that also makes you feel chill and peaceful, not tripped out. I'm just theorizing that it might help alleviate some of the negative feelings with mild - moderate benzo wd but I could be wrong, I dunno. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be my first day of real wds (took my last xanax this saturday afternoon) and ill drop 1 hit so ill report back

Do you even thing wds will be there? Alcohol withdrawal benzo regimens are more than this and Id think theyd be more susceptible.

Hey guys, just wanted to report back on my experience because it actually worked out pretty well. First of all I was surprised at how mild the wds were. I'm so used to severe wds I thought it was gonna be a lot worse. However they did seem to last forever, I didn't feel right for a week.

The good news was that the acid helped me get through the first couple of days feeling really nice and positive when the wds would have normally been at their worst. On day 1 of wds I took 1 hit and felt bomb all day at work, then on day 3 (One off day to rest and reset brain at least somewhat) I took 2 and it was perfect. Anxiety and negativity completely gone. I felt 100% positive about everything when I normally would have been hating life and fixated on wds.

The only downside was that I felt complete drained on day 4 and afterwards, but at least I had already put 3 days of getting thru wds under my belt. I would highly recommend this to anyone. The only thing I would have done differently would be to take smaller doses so as to not be limited by tolerance after just a couple doses and dose for 3 or 4 days instead of just 2.

@burritojimmy Oh yeah, they were there. I can sense wds after just a couple days of benzo use. While active they weren't really too apparent but I did have some pretty bad insomnia and just a general feeling of malaise and restlessness.

Taking acid during Benzo WD's sounds awful. More like a bad trip and panic attack waiting to happen then anything resembling a good time. Granted after only 8 days of Xanax use you won't get much if any withdrawals anyway

Please don't do this, LSD is quite stimulating relative to most psychedelics, and can only make physical symptoms worse during acute benzo wd.

If you absolutely must take an ultra-low-dose psychedelic, try taking 100 (0.1g) of shrooms, but I imagine anything more will cause any mental and physical symptoms you're feeling to be worsened, exponentially.