• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Low dose Caffeine extreme anxiety

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Not really sure what to say here... most peoples caffeine anxiety comes from overdose, well, not even necessarily that but generally high amounts. I'm usually fine with caffeine, but I just had a cup of normal tea... (British, with milk and sugar). I wasn't feeling particularly anxious at all prior to dose, but was suddenly overwhelmed with oversensitivity, extreme restlessness, pacing around the house wired as hell for a solid 30 minutes... why? I also felt extremely tired and fatigued throughout all of this but proceeded to do it anyway, now i'm exhausted and extremely aware. Coffee, and large doses have not caused this in the past with me at all, even when already very anxious. Any ideas on why on earth this happened? It was extremely forced, more speedy and uncomfortable than an Amphetamine high, but the dose couldn't have been higher than 30mg. I know i'm not sensitive to caffeine as higher doses haven't caused these symptoms... calming down now... anybodies input is highly appreciated.

It happens to some people. Caffeine is very efficient at raising heart rate, BP, creates sweating, etc.

Most people don't like the PNS stimulation and would probably shy away from caffeine for that reason.

It took me a over a year to figure out why I could study just fine for about an hour at this certain coffee shop back in the day. Seriously, over a year to realize the third 16oz coffee refill might have something to do with how everyone around me suddenly became sinister.

OP, have you tried this batch of tea before? I was gonna add I've have weird tea reactions before, but I think those are about reactive hypoglycemia, and you added milk and sugar (why, Brits, why?).

You're gonna have to covertly switch out a "friend's" tea, and see what happens.

Thankyou for the input. Yes I don't drink caffeine everyday like I used to but I have tea when i'm feeling worn out and it's usually, if anything, relaxing due to the Theobromine - yes same batch. Not so sure what happened today... but oh well. Might just shy away from Caffeine myself for a while, just seems to make me restless and makes me feel foo awake. I'm on an MDMA comedown (well, it's been around a week since dosing) so that may have something to do with the exaggerated physical symptoms.

Pedantic mornings: theobromine's actually a mild stimulant found in chocolate. Mildly stimulating for women, who are more responsive than men; overly-stimulating for dogs, which is why they shouldn't eat chocolate. Tea has theanine, which either counteracts or synergizes caffeine, depending on which placebo effect you're after.

Thats the one - Theanine. Get em mixed up sometimes. I don't think it's really to do with it, definitely caffeine specifically. Was most likely related to all the anxiety piled on top of me atm.

Pedantic mornings: theobromine's actually a mild stimulant found in chocolate. Mildly stimulating for women, who are more responsive than men; overly-stimulating for dogs, which is why they shouldn't eat chocolate. Tea has theanine, which either counteracts or synergizes caffeine, depending on which placebo effect you're after.

I must be a woman. Or maybe a dog :) 25g raw cacao in the a.m. hits me pretty hard.

You should have seen me when my friend's expat parents offered me hot black tea (at night?) and then offered to put milk in it.

The very concept was so bizarre and alien to me I just kind of sat there. Like asking if I wanted a raw egg in my hot beer.

I still shudder at it.

(How do you dissolve a whole ounce of raw cacao? Or is it insufflated?)

I'm not surprised you shuddered; the milk should always go in the cup first ;)

I have a nice hot chocolate with the cacao + milk + honey for sweetness. Cacao isn't anywhere near as bitter as cocoa so it doesn't need too much sweetness :)

I hear insufflation is the thing to do, but I'm not sure how sloppy lumps of brown crud dribbling out of my nose for the next few hours would go down at work 8(

You should have seen me when my friend's expat parents offered me hot black tea (at night?) and then offered to put milk in it.

The very concept was so bizarre and alien to me I just kind of sat there. Like asking if I wanted a raw egg in my hot beer.

I still shudder at it.

(How do you dissolve a whole ounce of raw cacao? Or is it insufflated?)

I don't even like milk or sugar in my coffee.

Have you had a Thai iced tea before?

The EX always ordered the Thai Iced Tea. Or the mango lhasi. Or the Turkish or Vietnamese whatever. One of them has a bucket of like of sweetened condensed milk dumped on it. They are all abominations.

Black tea should only be served ice cold, plain.

Oolong can be prepared hot, steeped with 95C water, at least 2x whatever they recommend, you know, for first date fanciness.

Green tea imported from Japan (that you bought strictly for a woman in your life) can be prepared per directions; otherwise it's best as a 10X concentrate paste.

If you feel frisky, an espresso machine does make the best coffee, to be slammed between drags on your cigarette while shitting (on your toilet) and the shower water steams the bathroom.

Otherwise, instant coffee at 3X concentrate with cold tap water topped off with ice is preferred.

At no point do dairy products ever deserve mention. Much less sugar.

*Exceptions: during meth consumption, all is replaced by the dawn-light fermented dairy yogurt products forced down between bowls.

LOL I love your enthusiasm. "THEY ARE ALL ABOMINATIONS."

I couldn't agree more. I do like Thai iced tea (sometimes; would rather drink black coffee or water most of the time), but it is quite "different" and I don't blame you for finding it to be a bit of an abomination.

Have you ever had lapsang souchong tea? I love it. So good.

That's a new one (to me), although I see it's a black tea variety. I might mention that to the only person who gets me stuff at Christmas (hi mom!).

At peak tea consumption I bought from the bulk bins at the Food Co-Op (real name); Japanese varieties were the best but 3X the price of Chinese (I only wrote down the cheaper bin number once). So it was usually dusty gunpowder green.

I did make tea from home-grown Reishi mushrooms (briefly); that and bitter melon tea are about as exotic as I've gotten. Reishis are supposedly so medicinal they can raise the dead, but all I noticed was diabetes, which the bitter melon didn't cure either.

But seriously, getting bulk green tea by the tens of pounds and drinking it as a slurry allowed me to briefly transcend time and see the future. Sadly, I was unable to alter it or even warn others.

Lapsang is nice if you like smoky flavours. It's pretty strong but still mellow.