• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Low-dose bupe to potentiate methadone

In the USA, it varies on a clinic by clinic basis. The clinics in my area are fine with prescribed benzodiazepines.

Very true. I meant to say in addition to it varying greatly from clinic to clinic there also appear to be regional trends (which might explain zneg's perception that "methadone maintenance patients are notorious for using benzodiazepines" - that is not the case where I live). IME private (paid) clinics tend to care less about benzos than public (free) clinics. However, I don't think the clinics/doctors that refuse to prescribe benzos are solely doing so out of concerns about overdose, IME here they think people who have admitted to having had an addiction should not be allowed benzos, as though they are guaranteed to abuse them. (Although I do know of alcoholics who have no problem getting prescribed benzos, which seems unfair). I am kinda confused as to how we got on the topic of benzos though :?

Hm, that's interesting but makes sense. I just assumed the whole methadnonians love benzo's thing was a universal phenomenon lol. Then again I've only been around clinics in NY and Oakland.. And I agree, this thread has gone off topic but I have to agree with you SD, it seems alchoholics are often prescribed benzo's with much less bias than opiate addicts on maintenance.. That makes no sense at all IMO as I would think that alchoholics would be more prone to "like" the effects of another GABAergic, than opiate addicts who are attracted to a completely different family of drugs..