Loveparade San Fransisco!

DG

Bluelight Crew
Has anyone heard about this...it wasnt going to happen but this looks as if it is going to. If so i will 100% go and make a trip home while im at it.

http://www.loveparadesf.org/index.html

Anyone in the bay area have any knowledge on this?

i heard about it in passing when the one in germany got cancelled :(

First U.S. Loveparade Planned for October
World's largest electronic music parade comes to San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO — The world's largest electronic music festival and parade is coming to San Francisco on October 2, 2004. First held in Berlin in 1989, Loveparade San Francisco is expected to draw thousands of revelers to the Bay Area for a celebration of electronic music with a mission of fostering tolerance, respect and understanding between nations.

San Francisco has long been a desired location for huge, outdoor, eclectic events, including the worlds' largest Gay pride celebration and the famous Castro Halloween and Folsom Street Fair parties. Loveparade promises to be an event of the same caliber, drawing a colorful and diverse audience while increasing the existing tourist draw to the city.

This is the first time Loveparade has been held in the United States; similar events are regularly held in other cities around the globe, including Mexico City, Cape Town, and Tel Aviv.

The event has garnered excitement from the business community and beyond. California Assemblymember Mark Leno was among those to recently offer his congratulations on the city's acquisition of the parade, calling it a "momentous and historic" celebration. "I commend your commitment to create an international community where music, dance, love and diversity can creatively flourish."

International DJ/Producer Paul Van Dyk stated, "I was very excited when I heard that the Loveparade will take place in North America for the first time. I am sure that the positive and peaceful vibe of this event will be an extra feature in the amazing cultural life of San Francisco and is going to become an annual highlight."

The Loveparade will begin along San Francisco's scenic Embarcadero and make its way through the South of Market area. It will end along the waterfront in the newly redeveloped Mission Bay district with a daylong celebration featuring music, dancers, and a variety of vendor booths. Top local and international DJs will also be featured at the waterfront festival, as well as on the floats as they make their way along the parade route. For more information please visit www.loveparadesf.org.

i think they should have one in nyc. totally shut down the city and have the streets full of dancing :D

OH MY GOD! I live South of Market- I am so there!

*marks calendar*

Yet another reason why San Francisco is the best city in the US! :)

8o HOLLA at ya boi!!
If it does happen, I'll definitely be there too. I have friends that lives out in the Bay area. Will be great to see them again, plus great for my first time visit to the westcost, plus the Love Parade.
Talk about a naturally endused ecstacy emotional overload =D

for anyone familiar with San Fran and the area this may be, is it close to Moscone Convention Center and the Yerba Buena Gardens? that's where i can get good deals on hotels!

I would think its def. gonna happen BECAUSE various sites are now advertising it, and promoting it. Example 1: www.xpander.nl They do not put news up thats gossip.

home.jpg

S.F. wins.

The people on the flyer look funny. There's definitely going to be a lot of 60 year old ravers there... lol. Cant wait ;)

Originally posted by physix
for anyone familiar with San Fran and the area this may be, is it close to Moscone Convention Center and the Yerba Buena Gardens? that's where i can get good deals on hotels!

the moscone center and yerba buena are both in the south of market area.

i get back to SF on october 1st :)

alasdair

this might be a good thing to use our frequent flyer free tickets for :)

chrissie said:
i think they should have one in nyc. totally shut down the city and have the streets full of dancing :D

I agree! I'll be living there soon :)

Yup, its official........... I'll be there. :)

Love Parade + beloved East Coast friends flying in + 2 best friends from HS live in SF now = NO EXCUSES!