• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

love?

I think i'll add my 2cents around about now...

In my opinion this topic should not even be discussed. 'Love' I believe should not have to be defined, due to the many forms that it can take for example: you tell your best friend that his/her bf/gf is cheating on them. You tell them this because you love them and if they were to find out later rather then sooner their pain would be worse. (the saying 'you have to be cruel to be kind' comes to mind). Or on another hand you wake up in the morning, step outside and you feel a love for life coz things are going well for you at the time. It can be something you feel in the pit of your stomach of an allover body sensation.

I believe you know true love when you have lived through what you have thought to be love in the past and noticed that what you feel is above and beyond all, to the point where don't necessarily show by jumping aroung singing but rather you can sit back with a total assurance and sense of fulfilment that cannot be destructed.

Why can 'love' have the ability to harm? If this is so then what you felt was most likely not 'love', but rather a feeling of security or comfort that has been disrupted or stripped (which brings to mind the 'If you love someone set them free....') saying.

With all that said, it is only my opinion and we can only speculate from experience and opinion. Love is different for everyone.

Can i get change from $1.00?

hugs away...

8( 8( 8( 8( 8( ;) ;) :) 8( 8(

Re: errr...

Adikkal said:

Just keep thinking of love as that really big fucking mountain with the awesome view, and remember that it hurts like hell when you fall, but you won't forget that view :)

Adikkal

that is simply beautiful

why?

cos love allows us to transcend our human conditions. it puts us in touch with something that feels bigger and greater than our petty banal existence.

Last edited:
Its interesting how the main point of discussion has been "love" between partners. I found true love and it continues to touch my heart everytime I look into my son's eyes :)

haste that is so true...i feel it when i look at my son too and everytime he says "i love u further than sydney!" =D and when he brings me flowers on the way home from school and when he cuts out shapes out of paper and says "here mum i made u some diamonds" awwwwww *parent brag* cant help myself 8)

"Love is an entity unto itself. There are patches of it all over the place. It's not really tangible, but it's there, pools of it. Blue pockets swirling like eddies. People don't meet because they both like Burmese food, or because someone's sister has a friend who's single and new in town. People don't fall in love with each other. They just fall in love...just don't fall into love alone...it's devastating."
- Thisbe Nissen, 'Accidental Love'

"When you long with all your heart for someone to love you, a madness grows there that shakes all sense from the trees and the water and the earth. And nothing lives for you, except the long deep bitter want. And this is what everyone feels from birth to death. "
- Denton Welch

"Love is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."
- Helen Hayes

"Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone."
- C.S. Lewis

"He had loved and found himself through love. Most of us, however, love to lose ourselves."
- Hermann Hesse, 'Demian'

Being creative beings, humans are able to long and want for things that most other animals cannot. The idea of romantic true love is one of these things... for me it represents the deep human need to connect ourselves to something more than our own lives, minds and our time on Earth.

Some would argue that true love, or the idea of it, is just a foolish fantasy, but it's the one fantasy that grown-ups are allowed to believe in. When we leave behind the innocence of childhood along with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, the only fairy tale left is true love, and is it really fair to deny us that?

Like the old Lovin' Spoonfuls song asks, "do you believe in magic?" ;)

hoptis said:
"Love is an entity unto itself. There are patches of it all over the place. It's not really tangible, but it's there, pools of it. Blue pockets swirling like eddies. People don't meet because they both like Burmese food, or because someone's sister has a friend who's single and new in town. People don't fall in love with each other. They just fall in love...just don't fall into love alone...it's devastating."
- Thisbe Nissen, 'Accidental Love'

"When you long with all your heart for someone to love you, a madness grows there that shakes all sense from the trees and the water and the earth. And nothing lives for you, except the long deep bitter want. And this is what everyone feels from birth to death. "
- Denton Welch

"Love is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."
- Helen Hayes

"Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone."
- C.S. Lewis

"He had loved and found himself through love. Most of us, however, love to lose ourselves."
- Hermann Hesse, 'Demian'

Being creative beings, humans are able to long and want for things that most other animals cannot. The idea of romantic true love is one of these things... for me it represents the deep human need to connect ourselves to something more than our own lives, minds and our time on Earth.

Some would argue that true love, or the idea of it, is just a foolish fantasy, but it's the one fantasy that grown-ups are allowed to believe in. When we leave behind the innocence of childhood along with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, the only fairy tale left is true love, and is it really fair to deny us that?

Like the old Lovin' Spoonfuls song asks, "do you believe in magic?" ;)

OMG! hoptis...exactly my thoughts... *hugs* :D

This thread hurts so much right now.

Love is a massive thing. It is huge, and comes at you like a semi-trailer right when you least suspect it to. I can sink from your thoughts for years on end, then resurface in a vulgar display of power and cruelty, just to be snatched away from you again in the blink of an eye.

WHy do we persue love? When we love, we are vulnerable.

When we love in return, we are invincible.

Nothing can hurt us, nothing is wrong. ANything at any price, all of this and more. Nothing else matters, because you're alone and safe in a perfect world.

Love is the single most exhillarating and validating thing in life. Sex and love are separate things, but put the two together and the result is overpowering.

To say that love is merely an evolutionary result of chemicals reacting within our brains, whilst technically true, cuts me so much at this moment, that i refuse to believe it. How cynical and scientific to break it down that way - just like telling a small child that Santa doesn't really exist; in saying that, you're stealing all the magic away and turning it into something ordinary. DOn't do that to Love. it's not right, love deserves more respect that that.

Addikal: I think i would like to meet you - your words are beautiful.

I have a question for this thread:

WHat is the opposite of love?

I had this discussion today, and i don't think that it's hate. QUite possibly it's loneliness.

Thoughts?

okies well my return to BL sees this thought provoking thread, and i think addikal's post is the most beautiful way to describe love.......if only i had experienced it.....and i dont think i have

cosmic, i dont think there is an opposite to love. i dont know why or how to explain what i mean but i just think that even if there is an opposite of love it cant be defined....like love itself! um yer not really making sense am i......

anyways

Good morning all, welcome to my "just woke up" theoretical blab.

Love and lust are just two different parts of your brain.

lust and its ensuing actions occur in the hypothalamus, the very primitive part of the brain and therefore lust is a very primitive emotion. easily changeable and quickly forgotten.

true love is when your memories and emotions situate themselves in your frontal lobe. Thats why love is a much more permanent emotion when you have it. Thats why you have love for your friends and family... they are part of your frontal lobe.

why do we chase love? I believe that as a species evolves and their brain also evolves, the emotions and thoughts related to the higher parts of the brain become more pleasant and the emotions and thoughts of the lower parts of the brain, while still enjoyable, become hollow after a time. We crave the functions of the higher mind.

Andromeda:)

ok this is gonna come out all mushy and lovey dovey and airy fairy but this is what i think love is all about when it comes to partner love ...

love for me is when u care more about what the other person wants...when it makes u happy to see them happy and with a smile on their face...when ur always thinking up things to make that persons day...when they are on your mind all the time and when u are with them u r so content to just be with them u dont care where u are or what ur doing

when u just cant wait to see them again and seeing them truely makes YOUR day aswell

short and sweet but thats what i feel love is :)

<jaded>Love is a complex set of neurological reactions to sensory stimulii, no more valid than the common drug experience and just as, if not more, addictive.</jaded>

Love is simply when our desires for a particular person exceed our need for said person.

Last edited:
Love? I've never been in love ...

I'm missin out :|

I love my mummy, does that count?

Cosmic Mist said:
This thread hurts so much right now.

Love is a massive thing. It is huge, and comes at you like a semi-trailer right when you least suspect it to. I can sink from your thoughts for years on end, then resurface in a vulgar display of power and cruelty, just to be snatched away from you again in the blink of an eye.

WHy do we persue love? When we love, we are vulnerable.

baby love hurts no matter which way u come out of it in the end...but look at this CM what ever doesnt tear you down CAN ONLY make you stronger...*email me if u need me hun or ring me*

WHy do we persue love? When we love, we are vulnerable. ? hun we persue love coz we all have that loningness that feeling to be needed...to feel love and to give love...*hugs*