• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

Why is it that you can buy a two-pack of 200 pills totaling 400mg of Loperamide, thats 200 doses, when every package says that your diarrhea can often be cured in just one dose? How many people have that kind of diarrhea?
Everyone says that Loperamide does not pass the blood brain barrier, but clearly that is bullshit. To overdose means heart trouble. But why is anyone surprised that 100 mg/day can cause heart problems if a single dose of 50 mg oxycodone can cause breathing problems?
Is it because they only make Loperamide pills in 2mg doses? To get high means 50 pills so that sounds crazy.... Are we just stupid? Are the drug companies marketing their pills to addicts in a way that flies just under the government radar?

Well, duh. Of course they are. Theres a whole generation of addicts out there who are using things like cough syrup, hand sanitizer, and anti-pooping pills to get high. And the fing drug companies are marketing their crap directly to them via big box stores selling unbelievable sizes. I thought 5 gallon tubs of mustard was strange until I found myself trying to buy two boxes of twin-packed 200 count bottles of lope, and they wouldnt let me buy more than one.

Yeah....... that makes it better.

Hi. Should I expect WD from 2 week of use (without using every days, I skipped some days) ? I took 48mg at each intake

thx

I don't think it would be anything terrible, but it might not hurt to have a couple dozen stashed for the runs or a few low dose days if it does get kinda rough. I usually take half of my normal dose every 40 hours a few times at the end of use.

Why is it that you can buy a two-pack of 200 pills totaling 400mg of Loperamide, thats 200 doses, when every package says that your diarrhea can often be cured in just one dose? How many people have that kind of diarrhea?
Everyone says that Loperamide does not pass the blood brain barrier, but clearly that is bullshit. To overdose means heart trouble. But why is anyone surprised that 100 mg/day can cause heart problems if a single dose of 50 mg oxycodone can cause breathing problems?
Is it because they only make Loperamide pills in 2mg doses? To get high means 50 pills so that sounds crazy.... Are we just stupid? Are the drug companies marketing their pills to addicts in a way that flies just under the government radar?

Well, duh. Of course they are. Theres a whole generation of addicts out there who are using things like cough syrup, hand sanitizer, and anti-pooping pills to get high. And the fing drug companies are marketing their crap directly to them via big box stores selling unbelievable sizes. I thought 5 gallon tubs of mustard was strange until I found myself trying to buy two boxes of twin-packed 200 count bottles of lope, and they wouldnt let me buy more than one.

Yeah....... that makes it better.
I always just thought it was an anti diarrhea drugs and just happen to be an opiate i dunno about the heart trouble etc but in the UK these drugs are heavily regulate for safety of they do something their not supposed to(at the correct dose) the producer of the drugs would get in trouble I think lope and dxm is something every addict should have.

Absolutely. Opiate wds can be really miserable. Every addict should have lope in their withdrawl kit.

Imodium and Kratom withdrawal

This is probably old news for some, but I am thrilled to discover that Imodium works wonders for a substantial kratom habit withdrawal. It takes forever to kick in but my RLS was completely eliminated and it stopped the anxiety which I found odd.

The only negative side effect IMO was that it made me tired but that?s great at night! I only took it for 5 days and then stopped completely!

I never would?ve believed it! Thanks BL!!!

I hope that you see this reply.....I'm thinking about trying Kratom for opiate withdrawal... And have absolutely NO IDEA how much to take...? Any ideas? I had about 3 teaspoons yesterday. And split it with my old man. We both take prescription pain meds... Both oxycodone and hydrocodone...and had our last 10mg each yesterday morning.
I have gabapentin. And that seems to help. But have ordered a few samples of Kratom.
Any ideas are appreciated. ???

I hope that you see this reply.....I'm thinking about trying Kratom for opiate withdrawal... And have absolutely NO IDEA how much to take...? Any ideas? I had about 3 teaspoons yesterday. And split it with my old man. We both take prescription pain meds... Both oxycodone and hydrocodone...and had our last 10mg each yesterday morning.
I have gabapentin. And that seems to help. But have ordered a few samples of Kratom.
Any ideas are appreciated. ???

Youre asking about how much kratom you should start with (just wanna make sure I?m reading your post right.)? How did the 3 teaspoons hold you? You might better PM me or ask this on the kratom mega thread. I don?t want to highjack the Lope thread with a kratom discussion...

oxy4toolong- Kratom is basically a low dose opiate. I really recommend Loperamide instead for oxy withdrawls. It is really cheap if you have a big box store nearby. Its hard to get high, so its hard to get addicted and easy to taper down. The side effects are the same as oxy(constipation, etc). It has no laws restricting its use. You dont have to boil, smoke, or otherwise.
You can PM me if you want help with dosing.

oxy4toolong:

There should be instructions included with your purchase of Kratom. Research suggests that for opiate-like effects, 2 - 4grams is the best place to start. Wait 60 minutes and adjust your dose from there.

Last edited:
No access to street drugs really. And I am not going to my Dr and ask for more meds for fear of being labeled an addict. So........ no. Dxm is not on the menu.

DXM is dextromethorphan. DXM is found in the majority of OTC cough suppressant cold medicines. The DEA listed it as a "Drug of Concern" for its PCP-like effects at high doses.

But for now, it is completely legal.

oxy4toolong:

There should be instructions included with your purchase of Kratom. Research suggests that for opiate-like effects, 2 - 4mgs is the best place to start. Wait 60 minutes and adjust your dose from there.

im pretty sure he means grams not mg. I had about 150mg daily oxy habit and 6 grams used to keep all WD at bay and give me a feeling of well being. Kratom is addictive too tho over time.

Also the DEA is limiting the sales because of the exact kind of misuse causing big problems for those who rely on lope to manage their bowel habits. It's really not okay they end up suffering because of others choice in abuse just like chronic pain sufferers who can't get their opiod medication yet don't have access to cannabis even still. It's just not okay

The FDA asked drug manufacturers of Loperamide to change the way they package their anti-diarrhea products in Jan. 2018.
The only additional step that has been mentioned is to move Loperamide behind the counter. This is a long way off, but if/when it happens it will only require consumers to ask for it. No other restrictions are being considered.

Loperamide is not currently a focus of the DEA​.

Oxygal:

Good catch. Which do you prefer, Kratom or Loperamide?

Last edited:
Oxygal:

Good catch. Which do you prefer, Kratom or Loperamide?

GQ:
Kratom hands down. But that?s bc it does give a good feeling if you have good stuff and know what dose works. That?s the addict in me tho. Lope helped in a pinch when I had to go on vacation last week with my family and didn?t have any kratom. I?m thinking about using it one more time for a soft landing once I finish the qtr kilo I just got. I?d like to not be dependent on anything. For a while, at least. ?

Oxygal:
Compared to the levels of oxycodone you were taking, does Kratom mimic the same effects, or is it its own thing entirely?

And yes, free and clear is the goal, at least it's nice to think so . . .

This is probably old news for some, but I am thrilled to discover that Imodium works wonders for a substantial kratom habit withdrawal. It takes forever to kick in but my RLS was completely eliminated and it stopped the anxiety which I found odd.

The only negative side effect IMO was that it made me tired but that?s great at night! I only took it for 5 days and then stopped completely!

I never would?ve believed it! Thanks BL!!!

Glad to hear it was helpful for your kick!

How did you dose and how much loperamide did you take to treat kratom’s acute withdrawal syndrome?

I didn’t really find it helpful besides for diahrrea when I used it to come off kratom, but I only took like 4mg/day (instead of the 100mg+ I once tried to get off buprenorphine).

Glad to hear it was helpful for your kick!

How did you dose and how much loperamide did you take to treat kratom?s acute withdrawal syndrome?

I didn?t really find it helpful besides for diahrrea when I used it to come off kratom, but I only took like 4mg/day (instead of the 100mg+ I once tried to get off buprenorphine).

i had to take 14 mg the first afternoon and that lasted until the next morning when I took 12 mg morning and 12 at night. Then I went down to 10
and 10, 8 and 8, and the very last day ended with 6 mg once. Had no issues stopping immediately after such a short duration of use. It?s not a perfect remedy...I had moments of irritability which is highly unusual for me, but overall, much much easier than CT.

Maybe you didn?t dose high enough when coming off kratom?

Oh, and toothpastedog, I?m embarrassed to admit how high I was dosing until my vacation. It wasn?t responsible at all but TBH, it had gotten up to an ounce to 30 g per day. So the WD should?ve been fairly miserable which is why I was so blown away that I had virtually no physical discomfort. Granted I was on a beach and relaxed, but I also stayed active outdoors and Lope made that possible, I believe.

After a week break, I was able to return home and dose a measly 7 g and feel good! It was a win win!

Last edited by a moderator: