• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Looking to grow some shrooms.

flamin_hot_pedo

Greenlighter
I'm just looking to grow some shrooms and have a few questions. First, is there a better community specifically for mushrooms and other psychedelics that you could recommend?

I want to get a kit, I guess. I don't know how to get one. I have hardly looked into this. I was told the yield from a kit would be about 60g dry. That sounds pretty good. I live in an apartment. They warn us about various checkups. I don't work so I'm always here to move things if I need to. This might be a stupid idea, but I want to grow some. I just want to do another heroic dose. It worked wonders for me a little over a year ago. I quit smoking. I think it will help me to continue breaking down psychological and social barriers. I really want to trip again. I was wondering about the smell. Could other residents smell the shrooms in my apartment? I saw a picture of the size of a kit. I'm assuming I could just put a blanket over it and put it in the back of my closet and check on it every so often.

There's no smell really, your yield depends on the size of / nutrients in your substrate you're growing it in and amount of spore solution you whack in. It's been a while since I grew my own.

Grow kits just google...and shroomery.org is a good place for info!

Ya buddy welcome to the club about to order me some spores this week

PF tek

The only words you need to know to be a good beginner level shroom grower. It is the gold standard. It is where every single good grower starts. Google that good shit.

Turning ordinary jars of vermiculite and brown rice flower into a psychedelic is one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced

I use a method known as The Monotub Technique was gonna roll with PF Tek which I knew about PF since I was an avid Erowid patron from about fifteen.

recently discovered the monotub methodology and preferred the simplicity yet max effectiveness & practicality nonetheless

YO MARIO get to the choppa NOW

IMG-20210418-072628.jpg

If you have access to a Psilocybe cyanescens patch, you can skip all of the stuff with pressure cookers and sterile culture by simply taking a few large, colonized wood chips and transferring them to cooled, drained, and pasteurized wood chips. The only time I have had failures it was due to not cleaning out the fine debris. Also, the colonized wood chips can dry out pretty thoroughly. Only to, without skipping a beat reinvigorate themselves and quickly colonize the "new" (its best to use heavily seasoned ones, think highly sun bleached) pasteurized wood chips. The catch, is that this is a species that needs a casing layer. I think in giant beds of beauty bark, that become colonized, those bits of debris act as the casing layer. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone with the time and means from developing a new hobby, but if you have access to wild specimens and a place to create an outdoor bed but not the time, money, or inclination for the rest, and are willing to wait for seasonal fruiting patterns, this method is pretty hard to beat. There seems to be a community of people doing it with Ps. azurescens mycelium. For better or worse, that species doesn't grow far enough inland for me to collect and I always seem to be too busy or broke to drive all the way out to the coast, only to have to compete with everyone else at the same beach, for the same purpose, during the picking season.

I agree with @DesSanity - I have a patch in my herb garden that I keep spreading slowly each year. It started as three or four bodies, now I get 20 or more. It flushes 2 - 3 times in the fall. Love me my cyans!!! They’re also far more potent and visual than cubes, I find.

And they keep better, more of their alkaloid content being in the form of psilocybin. Still high temps and relative humidity can depreciate them fast enough. Putting them into chocolates with a hefty amount of coco powder or better yet cacao (unprocessed form) will help them to keep longer due to reduced surface area exposed to oxidation as well as the presence of a hefty amount of antioxidants... which tend to you know, slow down oxidation. Also, it helps to make microdosing more predictable. You could even add some RSO, from say a Himalayan landrace diluted into into a little alcohol, for extra effect. That's my plan anyways.

I'm looking to cross Ace's Lebanese "sativa" to RSC's Malana Cream especially for the purpose. The idea being a lot of CBD with some THC, appreciable amounts of THCv, and good old CBG for full medicinal effect. More mind medicine, though it would probably be great for daytime inflammation too. CBN is where it is at for sleep and maximal pain relief though, hence the practice in northern Afghanistan of leaving the plants well into senescence. The lack of these secondary compounds, within the context of THC, rather than separated from it, is why the medicinal value of commercial herb ain't what it used to be. Anyways though, the combination of the microdose with something good for mood and focus would be, I think, a Godsend to many people.

Youtube is good for info on tek's and the such.
I would recommend when you buy a kit that you take a couple spore prints for if you want to continue growing.
And psychedelics tend not to smell.

You would be much better off learning exactly what you need and buying items on that basis rather than paying the "convenience costs" associated with "kits." If you are serious about this hobby, I would suggest picking up a copy of The Mushroom Cultivator by Paul Stamets and just treat Youtube, etc as a starting point. Really understanding what is going on trumps memorizing some formula, that is spoon fed to you. Not only will it give you a greater appreciation of what is going on, you will be better equipped to adapt, evolve and troubleshoot as needed. Growing mushrooms is basically a carefully controlled science experiment. It is one of those things, where you get out what you put in.

Anyone come across a list of typical psilocybin/psilocin per gram of readily available cubensis? Just going of descriptions, McKennaii seem to be up there.

Also, which of the high content ones are easiest to eat dried in terms of taste/texture?

I think that there is variation in baeocystin and norbaeocystin as well. You don't hear people talking about them much, but the variety "John Allen" or "Allen" is really hard to beat. I've grown quite a few over the course of the last almost two decades. Those are the ones, that people seem to want, once they have had them. Just my opinion.... Also, whatever variety that you go with, fruiting them at the lowest possible temp will result in the highest alkaloid content, for whichever one, that you are growing.