• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Looking to get prescribed opiates for severe sleeping disorders, not sure how to tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkpin

Bluelighter
So to start off, I'm on very good terms with my doctors and their nurse practitioners. Through them I was diagnosed ADHD and severe anxiety. I'm currently on Adderall, Xanax, and Klonopin. The problem is I feel like the root of all of these issues are from my sleep disorders and I've recently found that only opiates help me to have an actual good night of sleep without waking up in panic.

I initially stretched the truth on how bad my attention problems were but failed to tell them about my sleep issues because I feared they would misdiagnose me as schizophrenic. You see I have terrible wake/sleep cycles, I sometimes wake in a panic, I'll hallucinate, I'll have sleep paralysis nearly every night, if I don't sleep without a light or noise I'll hear things as I try and sleep, whether it be whispers or a loud ZAP as if something just shocked my brain and I jump out of bed. Surprisingly benzos don't help this, and these symptoms only occur at night when I'm tired, never during the day time. This phobia of sleep has led me to sleeping in very bad conditions (loud music, lights) and I wake up feeling like shit and borderline narcoleptic so I need amphetamine to get me through the day. (Also these sleep issues have been life long, not as a result of my medications)

The best nights of sleep I have ever gotten were from opiates, whether it be hydrocodone, oxy, or recently I tried methadone and slept like a fucking baby.

I would like to continue on my benzo treatment due to my addiction and dependence on them but would like to try opiates for sleep because I know for a fact they give me a full night of sleep, I just don't know how to go about telling my doctor this and I also fear being pulled off other medications if they think I'm just looking for recreational use. On occasion I do abuse but for the most part I take it as I feel I need.

Do you think it's possible for a doctor to prescribe opiates as a long term sleep aid for cases of severe sleep disorder? I've tried ambien and it just gives me fucked up dreams lol and SSRI's are shit and so is trazodone, it makes me want to kill myself the next morning.

If you're not already an opioid junkie, don't aspire to become one. I'm one, it's not all the fun and games you think it'll be. Way way way more addictive than any of the other meds you listed. If you can get by any other way i recommend that. However if it's all that works good luck.

From what I've heard benzodiazepine withdrawals are far worse than that of others, due to seizures and death from the withdrawals if cold turkey from a high dosage. I'm not looking to become one, I've done everything under the sun and know their effects. I just know for a fact that it helps me sleep and that's my main issue, I'm only looking for a small dosage a night to help me sleep, even if its a 5mg hydrocodone lol but I don't think I can straight up tell a doctor that.

Benzo withdraw is definately more dangerous, but imo it's easier to get hooked on opioids. You mentioned methadone earlier, that's kinda a red flag. How much methadone did the trick? It's much stronger than hydrocodone, so i doubt the lowest available dose of a fairly weak opioid will get you there. It used to be my doc before my use got heavier. Now i can take a bottle of the things and nothing. Just be careful. I won't be condicinding to you, i get it. I caution you again you're playing with fire.

No doctor in their right mind would RX this. It just is not going to happen. If you have a special relationships with this doctor feel free to give it a try. Opiates are the number one most stigmatized drug in this country right now and doctors are scared shitless to write them. Especially for of an label reason. You can come up with all the reasonable suggestions in your mind that you want but I would be willing to put unreasonable amounts of money on a bet saying your doctor will not write opiates for insomnia.

I can't even begin to describe why this is a terrible idea...

Adderal and benzos fuck with your sleep in an opposite way so I do not understand why someone with a heavy sleep disorder gets Amphetamines (even with ADHD), its like gasoline to put out a fire.
Similar with benzos, you mentioned they don't even help you that much with sleep and (even with anxiety disorder) they should never be used as a long term medication and will make all symptoms, especially anxiety and insomnia worse in the long term.

It remembers me of this meme: "That is not how this works, that is not how anything of this works"

Adding Opiates is like the shitcrown on this paradoxical treatment. Sure they help with sleep (but not healthy, restorative sleep) but only short term and will also make things worse.

It may sound simple and stupid but exercise, a routined sleep hygiene and maybe some other light meds like Melatonin or L-Tryptophan could be much more beneficial.

Please don't. Just don't. I know you came here for an advice on how to get script but trust me, trust all of us, the worse you can do is starting this cycle.

You think 5 mg a day aint a big deal. But it will not (and actually cannot, it is impossible) stay at that dose. At one point if you really stick to 5 mg at night, you will find yourself getting absolutely no benefit from it.

I've been diagnosed with ADD in my 20's and never treated it cause of the anxiety of the medication, no matter which one I try. Maybe, you should consider which is the lesser of the two evil. Maybe quitting your ADD meds (even for a few days just to see if it helps) might be a better option to get sleeps.

You could also try weed. Some people swears by it for anxiety relief and sleep helps. Look into high CBD strain and depending were you are, maybe you could get some prescription and have access to a dispensary. Some ADDer also report benefit, I know when I used to smoke weed it didn't help me. Maybe I did not try the right strain tho. All in all avoid creating an opiate habit, even if you eventually kick it, you'll feel those scars for the rest of your life.

If you end up don't care about everything we just said and are bound to use opiates anyway, the only thing you should consider is buying it off the street and use it once a week to get a good night sleep. And skip a week every now and then to make sure you are still in control. As soon as you start breaking your own rules stop altogheter. If you don't you are on the path to addiction and you will realize it is too late when you catch up on all the signals. However, you are best without it. You might not realizing this yet but having an opiate actually works for some kind of problem you have is the most dangerous situation you can be. Think about all this.

Totally agree with all the above. If you already have an issue with Benzos, and sounds like uppers too, then keep it to that. No need to add something else to the cocktail thinking that it will be the perfect mix. I agree with zerwas, try some melatonin and cut out the adderall. Waking up in the morning and needing amphetamines, then benzos to bring you down is already a recipe for disaster. Have you tried any SSRI's? Fluvoxamine is supposedly good for anxiety and helps with sleep. As mentioned high CBD strains of ganja are great if you like to smoke. But 5migs very quickly turns to 100 unless you have the will power of a Buddhist monk...

Hope you find something in balance Kingkpin...

Yeah I've never heard of opiates being prescribed for sleep and as Mad Dash said doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for there intended purposes. Not to mention being on benzos and getting prescribed opiates (plus the amphetamines)that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.I know many people are prescribed both, but I'm sure it's rare one doctor would prescribe all that .Usually one will prescribe the benzos and send you to pm for the opiates. If your doctor prescribed you opiates on top of all that other shit I'd have to ask was Micheal Jackson one of his former patients?

Just my opinion but if you try to get opiates I believe your doctor will reevaluate all of your meds you are prescribed,I sure as shit would!

I don't know how it would mix with you other meds(might be dangerous so do research) but remeron would help me sleep and improved chronic depression.

Yeah I've never heard of opiates being prescribed for sleep and as Mad Dash said doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for there intended purposes. Not to mention being on benzos and getting prescribed opiates (plus the amphetamines)that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.I know many people are prescribed both, but I'm sure it's rare one doctor would prescribe all that .Usually one will prescribe the benzos and send you to pm for the opiates. If your doctor prescribed you opiates on top of all that other shit I'd have to ask was Micheal Jackson one of his former patients?

Just my opinion but if you try to get opiates I believe your doctor will reevaluate all of your meds you are prescribed,I sure as shit would!

I don't know how it would mix with you other meds(might be dangerous so do research) but remeron would help me sleep and improved chronic depression.

This ^^^ Soon you'll be hooked on both opiates and benzos....quite a euphoric but dangerous combo..The NOD you receive from the combo is crazy. but the combination may be your LAST nod. You seem to have a good thing going with your dr. Don't mess that up. Oh and amphetamines too.. NO WAY

stay safe, hope you find an alternate other than opiates for your sleep.

Not to mention the fact that you're running the risk of adding another drug to the list of your (possible?) addictions. The other problem is that my experience has been that initially opiates tend to act like a mild speed. You get a rush of energy and "feel good" feelings. Then depending of which opiate it is, you may experience a decrease in energy and a tiredness may set in. In my case, depending on the dosage, the tiredness may not set in for 2 -3 hours. That might be a problem for you OP. Oh and BTW, I never stay asleep with this routine for more than 2+ hours or so. I'm never able to sleep a full night with this regiment of drugs. I think the best idea is to try a sleep agent of some kind and roll with it. Maybe try Melatonin? I really don't think adding opiates to the mix will do you any favors but that's just my opinion. Good Luck though.

From what I've heard benzodiazepine withdrawals are far worse than that of others, due to seizures and death from the withdrawals if cold turkey from a high dosage. I'm not looking to become one, I've done everything under the sun and know their effects. I just know for a fact that it helps me sleep and that's my main issue, I'm only looking for a small dosage a night to help me sleep, even if its a 5mg hydrocodone lol but I don't think I can straight up tell a doctor that.

If you've heard this, then why the fuck do you continue to take two benzodiazepines?

I was on klonopin for 4 years and the last year of it was pure hell because of tolerance withdrawal. Your pills will eventaully stop working as they do now. I stopped cold turkey after every taper failed.

Be careful with those.

we don't allow "how do I get prescribed XYZ drug" threads.

and you sure as hell won't get an opioid rx for sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.