• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Looking for the best "No-Go" pill to go to sleep after amphetamines

I've been awake on dexedrine for 31 hours now by choice. I find that if you need to get asleep, zopiclone works wonders. It will take the edge right off the dexie and you'll be able to fall asleep... it may not be easy as if you were sober, but you can definitely get a decent sleep on zopiclone after you do dexie.

Zopiclone is different than Zolpidem, I believe it is meant to be less harmful. If you don't fall asleep after you take it though, you'll be in a hypnotic state and probably won't remember anything. Either way, if I take a lot of dexie and need to sleep, I've found zopiclone to be the best.

Btw Zopiclone is a non-benzo hypnotic

No, zopiclone is not less harmful.

I have sleeping issues and have been Rx'd the following drugs:

Ambien, Lunesta, Trazadone, Seroquel, Halcion, Restoril, and Remeron.

I would have to say that the best was Restoril (Temazepam) I would take 30-45mg when I needed to sleep, and if layed down right after I took them instead of fucking around and letting the tired feeling wear off it would give me a good solid 5-7 hours of sleep with no hangover or sleepiness when I awoke. The only problem is tolerance and dependance with this drug, otherwise I would venture to say it is the perfect sleeping pill.

The worst IMO was Ambien, as it landed me in a psychiatric hospital, I took one and couldn't sleep still so I took another and blacked out (didn't fall asleep tho) luckily my roommate was up and saw me talking to people who weren't there and I was saying I would kill myself if they didn't leave me alone. I didn't remember any of this and just woke up in a psych ward for 72 hours and got fired from my job at the time for no call/no show :/

^are you thinking of doxylamine (the sedating antihistamine)? I've never heard of doxycyline (the antibiotic) being used as a sedative.

SEROQUEL IS THE SHIT!!

If you take amphetamines habitually, It would deffinitly be worth a trip to the docter to get a prescription of Seroquel.

Sure, it does'nt have a generic, so it can be a tad expensive, but its the perfect amphetamine no-go pill. It is far more efficent than benzodiazapines. Sure, benzodiazapines are good for temporarily taking away the anxiety that comes along with amphetamine crashing, but it is more of a coverup than a fix. Unlike xanax, seroquel seems to completely completely block out all of the effects of amphetamine-both the good and the bad.

Last week, I made the unthoughtout decision to take 150 mg of vyvanse while my parents were gone. Two hours later, Im speeding my ass off. I decide to smoke a bowl of the new fake weed. If your in a state that illegalized all the old fake weed, you know how paranoid the new fake weed makes you when you smoke to much of it. I was freaking out. I realized that when my parents came home from the parade, I would still be speeding my balls off. SO, I take my last 3 seroquel and pray for the best. By time my parents get home, Im barely speeding at all. My mouth was still dry as a motherfucker, but I wasnt wired. I still felt like shit because i had been on a 2 day binge, but i was actually able to sit still and rest. I even took a nap.

Wierdly, somewhere between 3-5 hours afte rtaking the seroquel, I started to tweak a little again. Im assuming this means that it doesnt make the amphetamine go away, but simply blocks it while its there. Based on my experience, its good not for the negative effects of withdrawl, but instead for the negative effects of the the amphetamine still acting upon your receptors once you decidedyou're done tweaking. ALso, since it has a relatively short half life, if you decide to tweak in the morning it will be out of your system by then.

I highly reccomend against the use of an anti-psychotic such as seroquel to induce sleep on any kind of regular basis..... Or even occasional use really. That class of drugs is unfortunate.

I highly reccomend against the use of an anti-psychotic such as seroquel to induce sleep on any kind of regular basis..... Or even occasional use really. That class of drugs is unfortunate.

I havent noticed many sideeffects, but then again ive only been on it for around a year.

what should i be wary of?

Certain anti-psychotics are extremely sedating even at lower doses, but long term use could lead to decreased ability to sedate, though only to a degree. An anti-psychotic will bring you down, but may not be particularly pleasant. You could take a benzo with an anti-psychotic, or before it to ease yourself into a sedated state, but tolerance climbs with benzos, and dependence is a scary thing. Anti-psychotics aren't the best drugs for the body especially with long term use, so you are in a bit of a quandry. Out of all of the anti-psychotics, Seroquel is quite popular and known to be very sedating. It is certainly popularly used in psychiatry. Halcion (triazolam) is a very fast acting potent hypnotic benzo, but dependence and tolerance is very easy to develop quickly with Halcion especially out of all the benzos. It is a good knock-out benzo, but should only be used as needed. You could always try Valium at a slightly higher dose (10 mg - 20 mg with no tolerance) at night. Its metabolites would build up, and the theraputic effect would increase as a steady blood level would be achieved. It isn't a bad hypnotic especially with no benzo tolerance, and would be easier to taper off of when you needed to. Remember though, there would be some daytime sedation with that plan.

^Seroquel should really be used as a last-ditch effort.

Seroquel is the chemical equivalent of being hit in the back of the head with a shovel.

Just take a xanax for christ sake. Its a short acting benzo, powerful and seems to work better then any other benzo for come downs. It completely destroys it. Your next best bet would be a opiate. Long acting benzos like klonopin and Valium don't seem to work as well.

So xanax, temezepam, and triazolam are your best bets.

I didn't read the rest of the posts. But as a patient using both amphetamine and Klonopin, I know the feeling. Unfortunately, ALL hypnotics are extremely addictive, especially the shorter acting ones. Xanax, Halcion, Temazepam and even longer half-lived benzos like Klonopin, Valium, Librium, and Ativan with develop quick tolerance.

On top of that, GABAergic drugs like these disrupt sleeping patterns. They interfere with deep sleep waves and actually make sleep quality worse. Zopiclone is actually not the correct name for Lunesta. It is Eszoplicone. It's the entantiomer (mirror image) but has the worst side effects. Ambien (zolpidem) is decent. Sonata is the best and has a 1-hr half life unlike all Z-drugs and benzos does not disrupt sleep quality. Again, however, these are all addictive and build tolerance quickly.

It would be a mistake to take benzodiazepines for sleep as a long term solution unless their for anxiety. But in both cases their effects wear off to the point where you eventually reach the DEA limit for a prescription.

I disagree with seroquel. While it is effective in helping with sleep and it is NOT GABAergic, it is an anti-psychotic and depending on the individual, can have very very mentally numbing effects similar to depakote or lithium.

My advice is to take the lowest dose tolerable for you as early in the morning as possible. Don't take antihistamines like benadryl or doxylamine because they make you confused and grumpy. Do not take Remeron. You'll be knocked out for 15 hours and feel depressed as hell in the morning. Just stick it out and hope your body gets used to it.

ps-clonazepam is a benzo

I always thought a very low dose of Seroquel (25mg) was the ultimate no-go. Wanna just halt the amphetamine buzz in its tracks and fall right asleep? Seroquel! Does not make for a pleasent comedown as a benzo might, no comedown at all, just lights out, brain off...

I agree wi th the guy above me. Serpquel is like the oppisite of amphetamine. Its the only drug that stops the amphetamine in its track

In my experience before i was on pain management treatment, after trial and error i was finally prescribed 60mg nightly after 20 mg adds x 2 a day and worked wonders. Another benzo that i imagine would be good is triazolam as well as nitrazepam.

In general try antipsycotics (seroquel), benzo's, barbs, and hypnotic sedatives.

These also might help but I would advise against them when combined with stims because they speed up your heart and you may be taking a risk when combining with stims.

Diphenhydrame, trazadone (serotonin accelerator), more but can't think right now

I disagree with seroquel. While it is effective in helping with sleep and it is NOT GABAergic, it is an anti-psychotic and depending on the individual, can have very very mentally numbing effects similar to depakote or lithium.

doesn't have to be GABAergic. It is the exact opposite of an amphetamine and if taken in the right dose will completely counteract the amphetamine at it's source without being mentally numbing. Even if it is mentally numbing it doesn't matter because your sleeping.

yeahh, the benzos would def work if you took them iin large amounts, but i find taking benzoos with amphetamines leads me to do stupid things [like taking more amphetamines}. Do those benzos knock you right out or something?

In general try antipsycotics (seroquel), benzo's, barbs, and hypnotic sedatives.

These also might help but I would advise against them when combined with stims because they speed up your heart and you may be taking a risk when combining with stims.

Diphenhydrame, trazadone (serotonin accelerator), more but can't think right now

nahhh, mixing the two in reasonable amounts is perfectly safe. Benzos dont mess with the heart much. The only combinations that I know are dangerous are benzos with painkillerss.

Trazadone, though, Ive never heard about. Must knock one out or something