• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Looking for an appetite suppressant

Shelbyjane95

Greenlighter
Hello I'm looking for an appetite suppressant similar to the effects that adderall has(i know caffeine or theres really nothing that compares) I stopped taking adderall 4 months ago because it was making me depressed from the crash. The reason I took it is because I have bulimia(mindset of binge-eating, i don't want to get fat so I'm going to throw it up) and it made me feel normal again to not think about food 24/7. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences taking any pill or anything at all to just suppress their appetite and not think about food all the time. Thank you so much!

Bluelight is not about finding alternative drugs for you to continue with anorexia / bulimia. BL is a harm reduction site.

Are you getting any help with your nutrition?

There are pharmaceuticals that are not amphetamines that will cause you to lose weight quickly, but that's not what you need, and you will gain the weight back once you stop taking them. They also carry a pretty severe side effect profile - absolutely not worth the risks.

The best thing you can do for yourself is develop a healthy relationship with food. I highly recommend you work with a professional to address the underlying issues morivating you to continue the binge purge cycle. I guarantee if you can resolve those issues you will no longer be inclined to binge this no longer requiring an appetite suppressant.

You need to learn how to eat to live, not self medicate. Proper nutrition goes a long way in putting you in a better frame of mind, and equips you to handle the stress of life in a more productive fashion. If you do not address the underlying issues, you will not be happy, regardless of your weight.

I suspect you may track your calories, and if you do increase your fat and protien. Make certain you get .8g/lb of lean body mass. Not eating enough fat and protien really perpetuates anxiety and depression. For years I existed on a virtually fat and protien free diet (vegetarian), and I was miserable.

Now days 30% of my calories come from protien, and 40% come from healthy fats and I have never been happier. I am in a much better place mentally, and physically I have so much more energy and don't get crashes throughout the day. Ironically, in switching up my macros I ended up losing weight - it was unintentional. However, it did motivate me to finally begin strength training and I have never looked leaner or healthier.

I also recommend you get a good multivitamin - Garden of Life is an excellent high quality brand that uses only organic bioavailable forms. They're a little more expensive, but your body can use everything (many cheap vitamins are not bioavailable so you essentially pee out the vitamins). Take the multivitamin with some fat - I take mine with 8oz of full fat keifer in the morning.

Feel free to message me if you need to talk or you have questions. Good luck!

Topamax is actually used off label as a treatment for binge eating/bulimia.
I took it after all my psych meds made me gain too much weight and it was too hard to lose on my own.
As long as you're working with a doctor aware of your history, it's worth a shot.