• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Looking at photos from your childhood under psychedelics

This one time on redosed acid I journeyd past many pictures from my childhood.
There were no actual photo's there though lol ;D

I haven't tripped and looked at any of my old photos at the same time. I do think it can get heavy looking at old photos - straight - but for different reasons than I've heard here. I'm not in any way trying to bring back my youth, or any kind of spirit that existed then.

I had melancholy in my youth, lots of it. I still feel connected to those times. I still let my mind wonder about things I gather a lot of other people don't spend time on.

When I look at photos, it's a younger me, that's all. Still unsettled and in many ways uncompromising....but I understand much better now why I am the way I am and why earlier times were painful.

It's taken many years for me to realize the path I've taken could not have been avoided. What I see when I look at old photos now is a child who half suspects the world is brutal...but doesn't quite appreciate how..and doesn't yet know he will spend time finding out. There were many great times along the way, but the impressions that stick are these 'grown-up' thoughts about the nature of the world...what the point would be anyway of marrying, having kids and going into debt. ...and how none of that ever seemed to be a fit for me.

Yup, when I look at pictures now I'm amazed I took the time to smile amid all the brooding. I bet if I got high on a psych and looked at photos it would be a positive for me because the farther I get away from those earlier times the better I understand them.

I've been trying this - sometimes easy to go back, sometimes easier to dissociate from them - any thoughts? ever tried?

This is how one therapist did LSD psychotherapy in England in the early 60's. It's detailed in the biography of Frankie Howard (yes - the oooh no missus Frankie) who had it when he was seriously depressed. The therapist would put him in a room with momentoes from his childhood under a dose of LSD - maybe about 150-200ug. He'd go through the trip and then the day after he'd make notes and discuss them with the therapist. Frankie said it helped him.

shit I don't know how I would go doing this, I hate who I was before I did any psyches and still have so much to fix with the present. Maybe the key is the past hhhmmmm

nice thread, food for thought

This sounds like a great idea that I'd really like to try, but I simply can't risk anymore psychedelic ventures. :(

shit I don't know how I would go doing this, I hate who I was before I did any psyches and still have so much to fix with the present. Maybe the key is the past hhhmmmm

nice thread, food for thought

I don't believe so. The past is in a way your subconscious. But that is not where salvation lies, for that is resolution from becoming aware and unrelentingly attentive, while dissolving attachment and conditioning as
well as the falseness of discipline.

this is something i have never tried but as someone on the first page stated i too get very emotional and reflective when i look back at childhood pictures when i am not under the influence.
not sure how i would feel doin this on psychs, but too be honest the idea has intrigued me enough that i will likely try this and collect some old photos or go n grab a box n check it out the next time i do ingest

4E0cryQosWCE.png