• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Looking 4 Opinions on Safe Injection Facilities from people that work w/ IV drugusers

knowledgeknot

Greenlighter
Hi,

I am a graduate social work student. I am doing a small research project on Supervised Injection Facilities as a harm reduction intervention. I am most interested in hearing from people in the SF Bay Area region that work directly, or indirectly with IV drug users in some capacity. I have 5 easy open-ended questions listed that can be answered via email.

Please let me know if your are interested,

Thanks

Daniel Munoz
MSW candidate at SFSU

[email protected]

it might be useful to get in touch with the harm reduction therapy center in san francisco. it's not an injection facility per se, but there are some highly qualified harm reduction experts over there. i went through a program/workshop/course type of thing at their hayes valley location and it was a great experience.

you might also find some leads in this thread: needle exchange/syringe discussion

good luck :)

Hi Thar

Yes, thank you for that. I have attended meetings and have been in contact with them, HRC. I believe the H. R. crew grew from the AIDS crisis in the 80's, which I did not know until recently.
I am a gay 47 year old, on the streets in SF at 15, and experienced many of my people graduating early life during the horror years. I am glad to hear another positive thing came from that era.
How were you connected with HRC, client? therapist, intern?
Many thanks,
Y Saludos
D. Muñoz
[email protected]