• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Long timer.

Katiesgottagun

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.
I'm Katie. 34 years old. I've been addicted to pain meds since 2009ish. Began with a doctor script for Hydrocodone...then went on to buying percocet from people. I take basically whatever i can get my hands on...no rhyme or reason to my addiction. Usually the following is what is available to me...Percocet (only 10mg, won't waste money on anything less than that), Roxicodone 15-30mg, Methadone 10mg and Oxycotin 60mg.
I live in a small town in Indiana. There are few options as far as getting clean around here. Rehabs are too expensive, and i make way too much money to qualify for state assistance. I've tried multiple times to quit on my own... longest i lasted was 2 weeks, and the ONLY reason i made it that far was because i was eating Imodium like it was freaking candy. (I went 3 days without sleep, thanks to RLS, and read about Imodium online, so i gave it a shot... popped 20 of those little suckers and within a couple hours, almost all of my symptoms were gone. So, anytime i know i will be without and have to withdrawal, i buy imodium (generic, of course, not going to pay $20 for 12 tablets!) And take a nice little handful. And i can always sleep and go to work, no problem. I have never ever received a buzz from taking Imodium...i know its been reported that addicts take imodium to get high. I dont know about that. I just know if it wasnt for imodium i would go through hell a lot more often than i do. Anyway, like i was saying, the closest Methadone clinic is about 30 minutes away, and they are only open 530am to 930am...and i work those hours. Addicts around here aren't left with many options. I would love to quit.

I literally fantasize about a sober life. I try to remember what i was like before being an addict... i can't.

I'm going to move this to Health and Recovery where hopefully you will get some answers.

Please feel free to create another thread in New Members Introduction that is a "Hello Bluelight" post if you would like ;)

I feel you... Struggling right now myself even though I haven’t touched dope in around 10yrs.. I grew up in the Midwest too, and know how it is out there trying to get clean.

Have you considered suboxone? That’s what I did because I too couldn’t make it to a methadone clinic (nor did I like how they treat people) and obviously loperamide/Imodium isn’t the best option for a number of reason. Definitely try to find a sub doctor because for me at least I probably wouldn’t have made it without. Suboxone is also easy to taper just not easy to quit. I’ve tapered myself down to under 1mg but can’t seem to quite make the leap off yet.

Best of luck to ya truly..

-GC

You should call some of the local rehabs. Most of them will provide scholarships for people who are serious about getting clean. My other advice is check out some local AA/NA meetings. They are not a bad place to start.

AA was a good place for me to start when I was kicking booze.

I had mad social anxiety tho so I made it to only one meeting.

You can draw a lot of inspiration from both reading the book and getting a sponsor. You need only one meeting to get a sponsor.
Just make sure they’re the opposite sex to the gender you’re attracted to as you’ll develop a dependant relationship with them

If you could get on methadone or suboxone i yhink your chance of success would be much higher.