Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

London Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxalfie

Bluelighter
Hi there, I live in the UK and have really been enjoying the Olympics so far.
Before the opening ceremony most of the UK was worried about if we could pull off a good games.
I may be biased but I think its been great, but what do you think?
Did you enjoy the opening ceremony and have you watched many of the events?

I've always been more of a fan of the winter games. Not really into sports that much so things like soccer, basketball, etc I really don't care to watch. Also watching people swim fast does nothing for me. Skiing and skating and that sort of thing I can get down with though.
I haven't personally seen any of the olympics this year except for out of the corner of my eye on a muted TV in bars and stuff so I couldn't give you an honest opinion. I haven't heard much specifically bad about it this year though. If it was that terrible I'm sure you'd hear people saying "oh wow, London really fucked it up this time, huh?" but afaik that hasn't happened so I think it's all good

games seem like they always do

didnt see any of the opening ceremonies so i cant really speak to Londons role in these games but they seem like always

The opening ceremony was no worse or better then any other one Ive seen really. I haven't watched much past that except the Canadian women soccer matches really.

That's fair comment Paranoid Android but for Wiggi to describe it as horrible was ridiculous.
I guess he just didn't understand what half of it was about such as the NHS section for example.

And what exactly was horrible about the whole opening ceremony?

Pretty much everything. I spent the entire time explaining to other people WTF was going on because they were ignorant of British history. I'm sure the British enjoyed it a good bit more.

Well as it is the London Olympics then naturally it is gonna be full of our history same as any other nation holding the games would do.
You didn't even enjoy the classic British music played, they even got the Sex Pistols on in front of the Queen.
I guess if you're not British then you just won't get it. For me the whole games has made me proud to be British.

We kicked your ass in 1776 and we will kick your Olympic ass this year. Lol just messing with ya. I don't really give a fuck about the games.

I must admit that I am really surprised at how it seems you lot are not into the sports.
I remember as a kid Carl Lewis being the man to beat.I would have thought the USA would really be into watching the games.
I bet you will be more enthusiast the next time that you get to host the games.

I must admit that I am really surprised at how it seems you lot are not into the sports.
I remember as a kid Carl Lewis being the man to beat.I would have thought the USA would really be into watching the games.
I bet you will be more enthusiast the next time that you get to host the games.
It is probabally because we are all dopers here and spent our youth getting stoned as opposed to playing/watching sports, of course I don't speak for all of us. Maybe if they had Olympic horseshoes I would watch that.

Lol pretty much. I'm positive there are many many Americans that are really excited about the games, I just personally don't care for sports at all. I care about automobiles and substances. And bitches, but they require way too much effort so I usually just stick to the other two. Guns are cool too.

If an olympic sport involved speeding cars that had V8s with open headers, 12 gauge shotguns, opiates, cocaine, vodka or whiskey, and naked women (maybe with some loud rock music thrown in) I would totally watch that.
I have a one track mind, olympic or not sports just don't really interest me.

^ hey, I loved the opening ceremonies! Maybe it is because I have loved the music and the literature (especially children's) that has come out of England and made my life all the richer. I thought it was inventive and different and IF I ever get rich in this life I want to buy one of those oversized beds on wheels and jump up and down on it all over town.

I have watched the actual sports when I can and I always find it moving when I do. Maybe it's my age and that I am a total sap for seeing beautiful young bodies that are not being exploited or sexualized for profit, but are simply the result of being in top condition. The grace and goodwill that you see as well as all the determination and excitement always captures my attention and I am not a fan of watching sports at all otherwise. I love to watch the women because I know that it isn't easy growing up being a female jock. Every single person that makes it to the Olympics, especially from the developing countries is inspirational to me when I think about what it took to get there. How about a female athlete from Saudi Arabia?

It is probabally because we are all dopers here and spent our youth getting stoned as opposed to playing/watching sports, of course I don't speak for all of us. Maybe if they had Olympic horseshoes I would watch that.

I have always watched and played sports.

I used as many drugs from the age of 11 on up as anyone here and i always played and watched sports. Of course hockey was the most popular here and we played road hockey in the summer and ice hockey in winter back when the ponds actually froze :\ . Alot of people played baseball here but i sucked bad at it and found it boring to play anyway. I played a good bit of soccer but i was much better at hockey and i like a sport where checking someone and fighting are part of the game :D . We used to smoke hash and weed, take shrooms or some kind of pills like Valium or if we where really lucky codeine, Demerol or percs and then go play hockey or soccer. Playing hockey on shrooms is more then abit odd and sort of feels like your in the matrix %)

The younger generation here doesn't even play road hockey anymore ffs let alone soccer . They can't put down the junk food and get off their arse to go outside long enough to do anything. I don't know if it's the same over in the UK but it's sad when you don't see kid's playing any sports and just sitting at home all day. I am so glad i grew up in the 80's and 90's :)

I really enjoyed the games this year especially the womens soccer. That USA-Canada semifinal was epic! The basketball was cool as well just seeing all those elite nba players was a treat.

I knew guys on the high school football team that would drop acid or shrooms before the games. It seems like kids now a days spend all their time playing video games instead of playing outside.

I thought some of the opening ceremony was cringeworthy but the end of it was alright. Watching the olympics high as fuck is pretty fun, although it's pretty good sober too.

Status
Not open for further replies.