The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Local, State & Federal Bend-Over Laws Vis-à-Vis Fake Opioid Cri$i$

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
It may be helpful for people from the United States (and other places this has bled into as well -- I have been hearing stories about Australia and New Zealand that would curl ones hair and some from Canada and the UK although it sounds like the fight there is more evenly matched) could list the outrageous new regulations which have been put into place because of all this . . . Health insurance companies, clinics, and big-time firms like Wal-Mart and Amazon too, I suppose . . .

The most common regulations are limits on the number of days, number of dosage units and others, not being able to get narcotics and benzodiazepines. And note that the CDC actually said on 10. April 2019 that these arseholes who were terrorising doctors and pushing for these regulations have been taking their name in vain.

Here is what I have read recently:
Federal -- Medicaid caps narcotic prescriptions at three per month

I think all 50 states now have these prescription monitoring databases which are in fact good for nothing but corruption and terrorising doctors and patients, and of course put lots of money in the pockets of the people who were whining the most to get them implemented . . . if anyone else pulled that shit wouldn't they be in a Federal Pound Me In The Arse Prison for insider trading? I think it was Minnesota which started including non-controlled gabapentinoids like Neurontin (gabapentin) in the database.

Connected to the databases and the noise from government, it would be helpful to list anything people hear about pharmacists demanding blowjobs to refill Klonopin on Day 29 or extra cash to fill one for 120 tablets of oxycodone at all "because it is so hot"* and so on, such as when I was still in the US I was in the queue behind a customer who was asked for a $50 "consulting and processing fee" to get an early refill on hydrocodone her doctor authorised because of a dose increase.

It is not heresy, and I will not recant.

---
* Hot? What do they mean? Like 55°C? Like the oxy now comes in Cajun Style at 38 400 Scoville Units? Hot like Cong Tulsi Gabbard (Democrat, Hawai'i II. District) and so on according to Congressional Quarterly? Hot like it was ripped off like a stolen car?