• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Listen to your elders

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
Over my many years of using and engaging in the drug business I've learned a lot of things. One of the main things I've learned is that most young people and new faces do not last very long in this life. The young people I see with dollar signs or the prospect of free drugs in their eyes have a horrible habit of not heeding advice they're given by older folks in the know. They seem hell bent on making the same costly mistakes that others have already made. Here is a good rule of thumb to follow: If you meet older people in your travels (let's say mid-30s+) that are using or dealing drugs without
-being addicted to them to the point of it negatively effecting other parts of their life
-still dealing with a clean legal record (or mostly clean)
what they have to say is probably worth listening to. If you hang around these people, buy from these people (or their sources), and follow the rules they follow you'll have a much better chance at avoiding the legal system and the problems that come along with it.

I'm going to tell you the story of one of my young friends that isn't with us anymore. He's just one example of many I know personally that got himself into trouble for no good reason. He's one of many that didn't listen to my advice. We will call him Rob because that was his name.

Rob liked THC, LSD, MDMA, opioids, mushrooms, and just about everything else. He'd try anything once. His most pressing issue everyday was getting enough opioids to stay well, nod, and enough weed to turn into oil for his massive THC tolerance. At some point Rob decided selling LSD, MDMA, and other chemicals to people attending the local dance parties was a good way to make money and supply his own habits. He started building his own little empire using both local and non-local sources. He was already very well known locally and became even more popular once he started dealing. Rob was small time but big time locally if you understand what I mean. He was the guy you could buy a few sheets of LSD from or 10 grams of MDMA. He was mostly selling in smaller amounts because it was more profitable. He was doing face-to-face transactions in very public locations where the wrong types of people are always watching.

In time Rob wanted to expand his little empire. He decided laying his own LSD blotter paper would be a good way to do this. Not being confident enough to do it himself he sought out advice from people he thought might know. One of them was me. I didn't really have good advice for him other than what he could find himself. I am sure I could do it but I've never had the desire or enough product laying around that wasn't already paper or liquid to have the need. I told him this and advised him to do some research and buy the proper tools before he attempted it. I also advised him that it was probably a horrible idea given his current situation.

You see, Rob told me as much as he could about the people he was doing business with locally without spilling names. All I heard were several red flags. I told him that these did not sound like good people. That they were letting him hold weight because when the time came for someone to talk the fall it was going to be him. I advised him to stop dealing ASAP, get any drugs out of his house, and to lay low until at least the next festival season. This was out of concern for him both from a legal and personal stand point. Rob was breaking the rule of not getting high on your own supply and it was effecting his judgement. I can't remember the exact red flags I heard. I just knew from a brief description that Rob was the bag holder and the people he was dealing with sounded pretty sketchy.

Rob did not heed my advice. He knew better than me and wasn't about to turn down all this easy money. He set-up a deal with a new client probably just after or before he came to see me. It wouldn't end well for him. It was a controlled buy and a few days later his parent's house was raided (another rule broken). There were news articles in the local papers with pictures of the cop's big bust. Two large tables filled with baggies and vials full of chemicals with scary sounding names. Every last piece of his glass pipe collection. His dab-rigs, a large tub full of mushrooms, many bags of weed, bags of cocaine and heroin for personal use, multiple bottles of pills filled with various opioids, benzos, and all the usual favorites. It looked really really bad. Worse yet they decided to charge him with manufacturing LSD despite the fact that he didn't have the tools to do it with. That last bit should make you take notice. It means he was probably discussing the idea with an informant or undercover officer.

A few days after Rob got out of jail he came to see me again. He was genuinely amazed that I had predicted what was going to happen to him. I told him it was mostly a hunch and having hunches like that and listening to them saved me a lot of trouble in the past. There is a reason why I've never been charged with anything. If my gut tells me things aren't right I don't go out. He asked me for advice about his situation.

I basically told him:
-stop doing drugs or at least start weening off them
-stay at home, go to work, sleep, don't attend social functions
-do whatever the lawyer says
-stop dealing and buying drugs until you're off probation

You know, the usual smart shit. Rob decided to ignore my advice again. He needed some quick cash and still had a stash of things that weren't caught in the raid. Why throw out all those good mushrooms if you can flip them real quick and pay off the expensive lawyer and court fees? Rob just needed a few more good deals and a few more nods to help him through this tough time. He got in his car with several ounces of mushrooms and drove into the nearest large city with lots of college students. He bar hopped getting drunker as the night progressed attempting to sell the shrooms to people he knew in the area and anyone that seemed cool along the way. He got rid of maybe half his stash but needed to drive a few miles up a main street to get rid of the rest of them.

Rob would get unlucky again. He was pulled over for suspected DUI. He was obviously shit faced, reeked of alcohol, and nodding out. Dogs were brought out and his car was searched. In the center console they found 3 ounces of mushrooms and some weed/oil. They found opioids in his pockets and used needles in backpack. Rob was fucked. The only saving grace was he had just enough cash on him to post his own bail. He was out by the next morning but he was 2 hours away from home with no car, no money, and as he would find out soon no friends. Rob told me he called everyone. No one would pick up the phone for him. Even his own parents refused to answer his calls (granted, it was early in the day). Rob posted a plea on social media where he had thousands of "friends" lots of them living in that area. Hours went by and only a few responded. Many excuses were made and all those business partners, all of the members of "the fam", and all of his "close friends" refused to help him. When he needed them most all of them turned their backs on him. It was obvious no one wanted anything to do with him because they were worried about the legal implications to themselves. It was well known that Rob was facing 10+ years in prison and everyone knew he'd just guaranteed himself prison time.

Guess who finally saw the post at 8am and drove the 2 hours to get him? I was the only one. Rob was very upset when I finally found him a couple of hours later. Rob and I weren't even that close of friends. We'd met two years before and only saw each other maybe 4 times a years. Rob got a reality check about friends. Something I think we all have to learn the hard way. This time Rob would listen to my advice and with the help of a very expensive lawyer, some local connections, and a lot of hard work he managed to avoid the 10-25 years in prison he was facing. There was no reason for it to ever get to this point though. He could have avoided all this trouble if he simply listened to me the first time. He only got this far through sheer hardheadedness and thinking nothing bad could ever happen to him.

If you're young don't be like Rob. Listen to people that have walked the path you're thinking about walking. If they're old and have managed to go that long without facing prison time what they have to say it worth listening to.

I'll try to come back with other examples where I've seen people break the rules and suffer because of it. If you have any of your own I'd like to hear them.

Rob would get unlucky again. He was pulled over for suspected DUI. He was obviously shit faced, reeked of alcohol, and nodding out. Dogs were brought out and his car was searched. In the center console they found 3 ounces of mushrooms and some weed/oil. They found opioids in his pockets and used needles in backpack. Rob was fucked. The only saving grace was he had just enough cash on him to post his own bail.
If you find the fact he posted his own bail odd I should mention that I left out an important part here. Rob also made the mistake of speaking to at least one police officer in a long interview before being cut loose. I do not know what he said but when he told me this I got very concerned. I even got short with him and asked if he mentioned my name. He assured me he didn't and I believed him because again, we weren't that close at the time.

I told him ratting on anyone was a really bad idea. I told him to keep his fucking mouth shut and only talk to his lawyer. What he did was really bad and stupid. The police are not your friend. Do not talk to them without a lawyer present under any circumstances especially when you're sitting in the county jail or hand cuffed in the back of one of their cars. Nothing you say can help you. All it can do is hurt you.

I really have no idea how he managed to beat the charge. I did not attend any public court dates, I didn't follow the case, and frankly I didn't want to know. He was young and lucky to be connected to an important person within his state of residence. I figure some strings were pulled and I don't think he ratted anyone out. He was always a pretty honest guy and I think he would have told me if he did something like that. Regardless, he was very fucking lucky and I don't think most people would have gotten the same result.

Don't travel with weight. When you're forced to travel with weight lock it up and get it off the road ASAP. If you're dealing with that much product you can afford to pay someone else to do this task. Disclaimer: I am an idiot on the internet and you shouldn't listen to anything I have to say.

I agree with everything you said without a doubt except one thing, I’d personally not have dealt with him after he started getting in trouble. In the end you don’t know what he said about you, and from experience they watch these folks like a hawk and you’ll be added to a list yourself.

You did what you could to protect this kid and he didn’t listen, best to cut your losses and move on. He had a dope problem and that causes people to do stupid shit like this, hanging around folks like this is one big rule to keeping out of prison.

-GC

Totally agree. I was taught well from my elders in the 2nd generation of heroin users. The generation now I'm noticing more misinformation amongst the younger client group and less respect for older substance users. Which is sad because I potentially owe my life to the elders.

If you find the fact he posted his own bail odd I should mention that I left out an important part here. Rob also made the mistake of speaking to at least one police officer in a long interview before being cut loose. I do not know what he said but when he told me this I got very concerned. I even got short with him and asked if he mentioned my name. He assured me he didn't and I believed him because again, we weren't that close at the time.

I told him ratting on anyone was a really bad idea. I told him to keep his fucking mouth shut and only talk to his lawyer. What he did was really bad and stupid. The police are not your friend. Do not talk to them without a lawyer present under any circumstances especially when you're sitting in the county jail or hand cuffed in the back of one of their cars. Nothing you say can help you. All it can do is hurt you.

I really have no idea how he managed to beat the charge. I did not attend any public court dates, I didn't follow the case, and frankly I didn't want to know. He was young and lucky to be connected to an important person within his state of residence. I figure some strings were pulled and I don't think he ratted anyone out. He was always a pretty honest guy and I think he would have told me if he did something like that. Regardless, he was very fucking lucky and I don't think most people would have gotten the same result.

Don't travel with weight. When you're forced to travel with weight lock it up and get it off the road ASAP. If you're dealing with that much product you can afford to pay someone else to do this task. Disclaimer: I am an idiot on the internet and you shouldn't listen to anything I have to say.
I don't think by harm reduction they mean how to traffick drugs better no offense.

Someone moving weight probably has explicit instructions from the guys the cops fear higher up in the distribution chain I doubt they would be looking for advice here.

I found myself homeless back in '05. But it was a slow ride down that started with me living in cheap motel rooms while I still had money. One time while I was still in a motel, I befriended an older guy at a bar and let him share my room. He insisted on sleeping on the floor with his feet against the front door of my room. This act alone save my bacon a month later when I was sleeping in an abandoned house with other squatters. The morning after my friend was assaulted by his "friend" with a 2x4 upside the head, we returned to the squat after leaving the hospital. I slept on the floor with my feet against the door and sure enough, his "friend" had been bailed out of jail after the assault and returned to the squat. Luckily, since my feet were against the door, when he tried to enter the house, my feet blocked the door and I jumped up and prevented him from gaining entry.

That same older man from the bar, who happened to be a Vietnam vet, gave me some advice after I scored a bag of weed from him. He told me while on the streets, to avoid the younger guys. That's all he said but I assumed he meant gang members who would exploit my situation or try to harm me or both. Ironically, it was a guy older than me who assaulted my friend, who was also older. But they likely had a beef between themselves that I did not know about. Because neither one of them attempted to assault me. Lucky me.