⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

List some good Martial Arts movies

SIDEKICKS <------------ chuck norris, joe piscopo, beau bridges

"Barry is an asthmatic kid having trouble in life. He lives with his father, a computer programmer, in Texas. Barry is struggling to get by in life, dealing with his rough school life, bullies, as well as his health. Barry's only source of enjoyment is fantasizing that he is with Chuck Norris. Barry becomes sick of getting picked on by the bigger guys, and decides to learn karate, in hopes of one day meeting the great Chuck Norris."

i cant recommend this one enough.

Jackie Chan - Drunken Master II

This movie came out after Jackie had already moved away from making "period piece" martial arts films and had began leaning towards the more modern "Police Story, Project A type films. Meanwhile, Jet Li came along and makes a huge name for himself by going back and re-embracing the genre. In many ways, Drunken Master II was Jackie's way of saying that he still owned the genre, and that he could switch gears and once again make an absolutely amazing period piece.

Fong Si Yuk 1 and 2 - Some of Jet Li's finest work.

Don't even get me going about Steven Segal! The man is an absolute asshole (I have talked with a number of people who worked on his stunt crew in the 90s who will attest to this) and is nowhere near as good of an Aikido practitioner as his films would lead you to believe. Apparently his sloppiness and lack of overall technique called for many, many more takes per scene and than would be ever considered appropriate and that he was absolutely brutal to his stunt team, who ironically were the ones making him look so good. He has often lied about his history in the martial arts, from his supposed time spent training in Japan with O-Sensei to his actual age. The only thing I feel he deserves any real credit for is taking what used to be such an obscure martial art and bringing it sucessfully to the Silver Screen.

for me its pretty much all the chinese action movies with a charater named Wong Fei Hong. They all seem to rock

"Crouching Tigger Hiding Dragon" in just a wonderful martial arts movie (and there's also "Hero" from the same realisator)
Tai Chi Master...I had lot of fun watching this one
...and would it be an heresy if I say "Kill Bill" (1&2)?

and a great parody: Shaolin Succer !!! (hilarious)

Last edited:
lost_boi said:
loved bruce lees - drunken master.

You mean Jackie Chan

Chan is great - love all the old Police Story films

Hero is fantastic - Going to see The House of Flying Daggers tonight